WHO'S NEXT FOR THE HOT SEAT

graham fisher

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck to Glen 5 years at a club is along time may be too long..Feel a bit sorry because Sunday was not down to him.The team stuck to the plan first half and then in 10 minutes threw it all away.Exactly what we did at Toulouse.Only one player was troubling us and we kicked straight down his throat.At last the part timers will be able to show their faces.Collect your white feathers at the turn style.Anyway back to post Rhino i think is the bookies fav.

3 hours ago, coolie said:

John kear is busy unfortunately ;)

JK is good but good enough to raise the Lazarus of RL? Only one bloke and his 12 mates  could save dewsbury from going down! ?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

3 minutes ago, The King Of Leon said:

Liam Finn

Could be an inspired choice ..... has part time and full time experience ... coming to the end of his playing career ...  I guess we could afford him .....  would play entertaining rugby!!! ... gets my vote so far!!

8 hours ago, the old nine ole said:

Could be an inspired choice ..... has part time and full time experience ... coming to the end of his playing career ...  I guess we could afford him .....  would play entertaining rugby!!! ... gets my vote so far!!

And just signed a new two year contract at Wakefield. The end of his playing career is some way off yet.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

It is encouraging to see the helpful suggestions that we are getting from our nearest and dearest. Can it be that they are worrying about a revival upsetting their top four applecart?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

4 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

It is encouraging to see the helpful suggestions that we are getting from our nearest and dearest. Can it be that they are worrying about a revival upsetting their top four applecart?

Er.... no!

Your still hot favorites for relegation unless that's a money belt under Sawyers jumper!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

13 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Who do we want as next coach?Who's available within our budget?

I'll start the ball rolling,i wouldn't mind seeing Damian Gibson back at the Rams.

My only request would be that we go for a backs orientated coach for a change - think last one was Norman. Incidentally, did GM resign or was he pushed ?

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

12 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

Ned's probably been out of the game too long and Harrison delivers boring rugby, so he'd be no better than the newly departed coach. 

Harrison does deliver a closed game, but he would, without doubt, be what you need now. He saved us from certain relegation in his first season. Whilst maybe not attractive to watch, his style of play wins games. Is there anything more important, when you are facing the drop? Personally, I'd rather the team won most weeks and finished in the top 4 than played a great expansive game and lost most weeks and were fighting against relegation and maybe finishing in Ch1. 

Warrington play a nice brand of rugby, but it isn't winning games for them currently,

The other thing to take in to account is, can the players you currently have, play an expansive game? i.e. have they got the skill to pull off an expansive game? I would guess not. 

The problem is, Harrison has gone on record as saying he didn't want to coach again.

2 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

In my opinion we've not been the same since Gibbo left. I think Morrison resigned.

I would agree with that Graham Gibbo's departure told. It's a shame he returned down under. 

Who ever we get I hope that the new gaffer can keep us up, at tough ask I know and we need to pick up at least 2 wins between now and Easter to have a chance (IMO). If not at least they'll have plenty of time to prepare for life in Championship 1 and we fans should have something to cheer about at last. 

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/ image.png.96e4130d8b139666bf34e8fcdead30d9.png

I think Gibbo is still in the UK, teaching during the day and coaching Rugby in the evenings.

Super League Full Time Assistant Coaches are an unlikely source of Coach.  I am aware of one who has just signed a new 3 year deal on great terms.  This could be the level of security they would be looking for and I don't believe that we would want to offer more than the rest of this season + 1 year on part-time terms, as it may result in 18 months of complaints on here :sad:.

Graham - I misread your post and thought you said GM had re-signed! :O.

2 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

Harrison does deliver a closed game, but he would, without doubt, be what you need now. He saved us from certain relegation in his first season. Whilst maybe not attractive to watch, his style of play wins games. Is there anything more important, when you are facing the drop? Personally, I'd rather the team won most weeks and finished in the top 4 than played a great expansive game and lost most weeks and were fighting against relegation and maybe finishing in Ch1. 

Jesus. I'd rather be relegated than watch the sort of stuff we have been playing the last two seasons.  

If Harrison brings that brand of rugby I hope he doesn't even get a sniff. As I keep saying we are in the entertainment industry and we have to have a product that can be sold. I agree that winning is massive but if a new coach brings the sort of stuff we have had to stumach with GM you can count me out. 

1 hour ago, muddyfunster said:

I would agree with that Graham Gibbo's departure told. It's a shame he returned down under. 

Who ever we get I hope that the new gaffer can keep us up, at tough ask I know and we need to pick up at least 2 wins between now and Easter to have a chance (IMO). If not at least they'll have plenty of time to prepare for life in Championship 1 and we fans should have something to cheer about at last. 

As I mentioned in another thread we might not have relegation this year.  

i thought last time carl was mentioned he wernt able to try for the job due to being an agent/scout for the players so was ruled out. one thing carl could do was fire a team up to play out there skins when required for us thats for sure, i really hope you spend what you can and grab a quality coach like nobby so as  coolie cant spend all day moaning...:scout:and getting his fix at camp mp.

1 hour ago, muddyfunster said:

Gibbo is still residing in England, he's got his own gym in Halifax i think.

55 minutes ago, NickD said:

As I mentioned in another thread we might not have relegation this year.  

Nor Christmas according to rumours.

:jester:

Archived