WHO'S NEXT FOR THE HOT SEAT

graham fisher

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With all the DR movement between SL teams and championship teams what about a DR SL coach maybe chester at wakey then next season you'll prob be all under one roof if wakey move in ?? Or what about john bastian did a brill job for us at fev or NOT

On 3/28/2017 at 8:45 AM, Piggy's mate said:

Er.... no!

Your still hot favorites for relegation unless that's a money belt under Sawyers jumper!

There is and dont take top four as a cert.mind you me thinks you will be nearer to it than us.lol

3 hours ago, christheram said:

Richard Slater

He was the brains at Wakefield

Morrison was just the figurehead .

Get him in to prove who can coach.

Another who sorted us out and was then kicked in the teeth to set Morrison on was Paul Broadbent.Probably tell us where to go now,but could do the job for us,if he's still around.

Looks like nobodies good enough for Dwsbury ??

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

That's the thing whoever gets job won't please everyone unfortunately but we have to trust Mark and the club. Karl Harrisons cv is impressive mind. Took Salford to 6th in SL in his first job, highest they've ever been in SL... took over batley who at the time were in the exact same situation as us nailed on to go down with no hope. He went on the following years to help win them the northern rail cup and a 4th place finish. At fax he wasn't as successful but still won northern rail cup and finished 4th with them. He knows the championship and demands of part time rugby and also knows the local area. His cv would be by far the best and I wouldn't mind if we went with him. Reckon we may go for the experienced coach in this situation as our previous 2 it was their first jobs. We need experience this time, and someone who can get the best out of players which Harrison can, some one who can motivate and talk to the players with respect. One who doesn't slag them off in public. He knows the league, knows the game and is well respected, give him a go for me.. also have 3 former players of his here already... brown, Potts, Luke Adamson 

Paul Cullen may of applied too. Matt calland and Paul march will of no doubt applied too. Richard Slater also knows our club having been our former captain and is a respected coach. He's the man who's brought the likes of Chris annakin James  batcheler , Akroyd the young 7 who was brilliant against us for wakey and tom Johnstone all to wakey.. some interesting debate but like I say who ever the club go with won't please every supporter. 

9 hours ago, cauliflower lugs said:

He was the brains at Wakefield

Morrison was just the figurehead .

Get him in to prove who can coach.

Another who sorted us out and was then kicked in the teeth to set Morrison on was Paul Broadbent.Probably tell us where to go now,but could do the job for us,if he's still around.

I wouldn't say he was kicked in the teeth as I remember he had a short term contract which wasn't renewed. I don't think he is still in the game any longer , I'd prefer someone who knows the championship.

Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

2 hours ago, Ramite said:

I wouldn't say he was kicked in the teeth as I remember he had a short term contract which wasn't renewed. I don't think he is still in the game any longer , I'd prefer someone who knows the championship.

He was kicked in the teeth,stabbed in the back,and had it shoved up his a-ole. 

He was more equipped than morrison, had proved more than morrison 

But yet the job was given to morrison

Broadbent did more in 7 games than Mr wonderful in 4 years,brought a standard of rugby that was acceptable and consistent 

I was happy with that!! 

10 hours ago, christheram said:

Paul Cullen may of applied too. Matt calland and Paul march will of no doubt applied too. Richard Slater also knows our club having been our former captain and is a respected coach. He's the man who's brought the likes of Chris annakin James  batcheler , Akroyd the young 7 who was brilliant against us for wakey and tom Johnstone all to wakey.. some interesting debate but like I say who ever the club go with won't please every supporter. 

Im not sure Matt Calland has applied for many jobs after leaving Fax.

10 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Im not sure Matt Calland has applied for many jobs after leaving Fax.

Everything I'm reading on here tells me that the dream combo of coolie and BSJ is looking more and more likely.  

11 hours ago, christheram said:

That's the thing whoever gets job won't please everyone unfortunately but we have to trust Mark and the club. Karl Harrisons cv is impressive mind. Took Salford to 6th in SL in his first job, highest they've ever been in SL... took over batley who at the time were in the exact same situation as us nailed on to go down with no hope. He went on the following years to help win them the northern rail cup and a 4th place finish. At fax he wasn't as successful but still won northern rail cup and finished 4th with them. He knows the championship and demands of part time rugby and also knows the local area. His cv would be by far the best and I wouldn't mind if we went with him. Reckon we may go for the experienced coach in this situation as our previous 2 it was their first jobs. We need experience this time, and someone who can get the best out of players which Harrison can, some one who can motivate and talk to the players with respect. One who doesn't slag them off in public. He knows the league, knows the game and is well respected, give him a go for me.. also have 3 former players of his here already... brown, Potts, Luke Adamson 

Im not been sarcy but it almost seems as though you are talking about a different person to the one that was at Fax. He won the Northern Rail Cup with Matt Callands team and slowly dismantled that team of any great talent to the point we were playing boring one man rugby with no flair what so ever. I think he also took the team that won the league and the cup and instead of continuing to compete for 1st or 2nd in the league took us to 3rd in the league(this before any sort of full time team entered the league) so we were distinctly going backwards and crowds were dropping before he eventually got sacked. According to a few of our ex and current players his man management skills as a coach left a lot to be desired in fact one of our ex players currently at yours would probably quit before playing under him again. One of our fans collective moans seemed to be that not a single one of our players showed any improvement under him.

All that said he does have a good record of doing well at lower end teams so in that respect maybe he does a better job of coaching players with a bit less talent than he does with the primadonna types. I doubt he will even apply though for the reason I stated in my last post or so.

11 hours ago, christheram said:

I would hate to have to make the choice. Unless we are planning to go down a division and regroup from there, we can't really risk another inexperienced coach (Gibson. Delaney etc), so we need experience - but someone who has the contacts to bring in some quality players on loan. That's necessary, because frankly even Wayne Bennett would be hard pushed to coach the current players out of trouble. I still think GM's problems stemmed more from his recruitment abilities  than his doubtful coaching skills, and whoever comes in will have the same problems. I believe MS has gone on record as saying "relegation isn't an option", and given that "option" suggests a choice, I fear he might be right. So for me, my hopes will be a coach who has us playing entertaining rugby, and if that leads to relegation - well as the Hunslet fans would have it "we've swept the seas before boys". Hopefully, with our new income streams coming in for next season, we can regroup from strength.  exciting times ahead I thik (and hope).

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

We've approached Francis Cummins according to RL express. He's at Doncaster RU at min so we'd have to pay compo to them. Mark will get best man for job. I wouldn't be too dissapointed with Matt calland. His Fax sides always played great rugby. Sort of getting put off by Harrison with what the Fax fans think.

21 minutes ago, christheram said:

We've approached Francis Cummins according to RL express. He's at Doncaster RU at min so we'd have to pay compo to them. Mark will get best man for job. I wouldn't be too dissapointed with Matt calland. His Fax sides always played great rugby. Sort of getting put off by Harrison with what the Fax fans think.

Think calland is working at

Country baskets

Or is it

Country mile

I do confuse the 2 ;)

Christheram - don't believe everything you read in the papers.  However, it is a fair guess as I believe that he has applied for a number of coaching position since working for free for the Bulls during one of their many administrations, receiverships and liquidations.

Applications have been invited for the position - let's see who applies.

Some of the guesses / suggestions so far are a bit wide of the mark.

Coolie - Mr Broadbent coached us for 4 games at the end of the season when WJ was relieved of his position and I think that we lost them all.  He was invited to apply for the job along with everyone else and for various reasons he was unsuccessful. Those reasons are confidential but when you next speak to MS, he may choose to tell you.  He was not kicked in the teeth, stabbed in the back nor was anything inserted into his anatomy.  Those are your words.  He took a short term temporary contract and was told that he would be considered for the permanent position - which he was along with several others.

Cauliflower Lugs - I am sure that the interview team will try their best to be competent - after all they will all have several joint interests!  Surely they can recognize a bull-********,  they only have to look on this forum!

!

Yeah that's another thing. Don't forget the chairman of the club and shareholders directors /or even sponsors will be the ones finding a new head coach, and paying. Don't forget the club will of had to pay Glens contract up. Money coming out of people's pockets for the good or even love of the club. That's why supporting the decision they make on who is coach is important and would also help if the people who aint brought season tickets this year support the club by buying them now. Don't forget with out these people they would be no club. 

Archived