Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
graham fisher

WHO'S NEXT FOR THE HOT SEAT

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, NickD said:

As I mentioned in another thread we might not have relegation this year.  

That's it Nick cling to every bit of flotsam that passes ???

The Rams are still the drowning man of the championship regardless of who you get


Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

That's it Nick cling to every bit of flotsam that passes ???

The Rams are still the drowning man of the championship regardless of who you get

Yeah we are, but at least we've thrown the lead weight off our necks now .

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

That's it Nick cling to every bit of flotsam that passes ???

The Rams are still the drowning man of the championship regardless of who you get

If you follow my posts Piggy you would know that I am probably the only person that doesn't give a hoot if we go down.  My favourite season for a long time was our last stay in champ 1 and I would welcome it. 

if my source is wrong I agree that we are probably doomed.  GM has stayed just long enough to make task of keeping us up almost impossible, but again I don't care. I just hope whoever we get plays a different style of rugby.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One who would really interest me but is probably well out of our league is Paul Cooke. He does have Championship experience as well as a winning mentality and a preference for attacking RL.

On the other hand this could be a bit like writing our Christmas lists when we were kids. I might have hoped for a hoop and stick but still ended up with a scarf.

:santaclaus:


Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, christheram said:

Paul Cooke at Leigh as number 2

Thanks Chris - very helpful.

  • Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Thanks Chris - very helpful.

He might fancy being a number 1....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NickD said:

He might fancy being a number 1....

Got rid of morrison cos I was a number 2 coach

 

Does that make me the taker of number 1??? 

 

Riddle me that ;)

 

Always wondered what a number 3 was?? 

I do know 69 is a all you can eat buffet for 2 ;)

Edited by coolie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NickD said:

If you follow my posts Piggy you would know that I am probably the only person that doesn't give a hoot if we go down.  My favourite season for a long time was our last stay in champ 1 and I would welcome it. 

if my source is wrong I agree that we are probably doomed.  GM has stayed just long enough to make task of keeping us up almost impossible, but again I don't care. I just hope whoever we get plays a different style of rugby.  

+ 1


Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

 

George Bernard Shaw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

One who would really interest me but is probably well out of our league is Paul Cooke. He does have Championship experience as well as a winning mentality and a preference for attacking RL.

On the other hand this could be a bit like writing our Christmas lists when we were kids. I might have hoped for a hoop and stick but still ended up with a scarf.

:santaclaus:

Red amber and black one ?  I always wanted a scalextrix but usually ended up with a bag of walnuts, a compendium of games, a liquorice smokers set and a tin of those hard iced biscuits that fractured your teeth.

  • Like 1

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

 

George Bernard Shaw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, grumpyoldram said:

Red amber and black one ?  I always wanted a scalextrix but usually ended up with a bag of walnuts, a compendium of games, a liquorice smokers set and a tin of those hard iced biscuits that fractured your teeth.

More than one present at Christmas eh?

This confirms everything I'd always suspected about you Grumpy!

:tongue:

  • Like 2

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, NickD said:

He might fancy being a number 1....

Maybe I should have used an emoticon - which one is for being sarcastic?


Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Maybe I should have used an emoticon - which one is for being sarcastic?

I guess so BSJ.  You repeatedly overestimate my intelligence and ability to read between the lines...I am form dews bury remember...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Maybe I should have used an emoticon - which one is for being sarcastic?

I'd just use Coolie's bus pass photo

?

  • Like 2

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scally said:

Franny Cummins with Franny Maloney as his assistant.

If not possible then agree that Damien Gibson should be given a chance if he is interested

I agree we were better when Gibson was here, but only just. New broom methinks,, otherwise it's an old broom with a new handle. 

  • Like 2

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

 

George Bernard Shaw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two who are more than likely to apply are Dave Woods and Bobbie Goulding. As for harrison I would imagine been a players agent is a bit less stressful than been a head coach so cant really see that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Two who are more than likely to apply are Dave Woods and Bobbie Goulding. As for harrison I would imagine been a players agent is a bit less stressful than been a head coach so cant really see that one.

plus andy hay


IMG_0583.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Two who are more than likely to apply are Dave Woods and Bobbie Goulding. As for harrison I would imagine been a players agent is a bit less stressful than been a head coach so cant really see that one.

Can't see Goulding applying. Spoke to him at the preseason friendly against Leigh and he's fallen out of love with the game and is not interested. He was only there to watch Bobbie Jr play.

Since then he might have changed his mind, but I wouldn't want him or Woods.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Batley Bob said:

plus andy hay

:negative::negative::negative: ....  all we need to rebuild a team!!! NOT!!! 

I assume its wishful thinking from the other side of the valley ..... of some shooting at our own feet!!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dave Woods would demand too much money always been on good money whatever club he's been at.

Think he's been sacked from 2 clubs to for bad discpline so no way would I take him.

BG would probably have a big ego like GM, so that's a no no.

Im sure Andy Hay went to Australia late last year and his coaching out there now, so doubt he would take it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...