Bradford Match

jroyales

Massive game for us if we are to avoid slipping away from the sides just above us.

Also, after Bradford we have Toulouse and then we have Swinton at home followed by Halifax away.

It doesn't get any easier that's why I feel this is a massive home game for us.

I just hope Nobby can field his strongest team so avoid having to move players out

of their best positions. We have the talent to give anyone a good game.

Are Bradford full time again if so that will make a difference as it showed last season.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that this match will be extremely difficult, the team needs a positive reaction to the Batley farce. 

Get Sammy starting at hooker as he is gets the team moving forward and I would start wardy as well

Get Lippy in at full back and Grimeshaw in the halfs 

4 hours ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

So, this is how I'm reading this, you've been in bed for a few weeks. But you're not sure if it's because of a comfy fleece or the whisky you've been drinking.?

Is there an emoticon showing banging your head on a wall? :)

33 minutes ago, MatthewWoody said:

Do we already have their team list for this week's game? 

The teams usually come out tomorrow (Friday) around 3pm (48hr declaration).  However, the RFL site has been a bit slack this year so it may come out in Twitter first, or exclusively.

Just now, Dave Naylor said:

The teams usually come out tomorrow (Friday) around 3pm (48hr declaration).  However, the RFL site has been a bit slack this year so it may come out in Twitter first, or exclusively.

Yes, I've been answered in another topic on the subject. ;) 
Thanks by the way; I was not familiar with this 48hr declaration. 

Toronto Wolfpack Global Ambassador

20 hours ago, clifford said:

Yes they're full time 

Disgusting they have been allowed to do this after none payement of debt allowed to continue in the championship allowed to continue playing on the odsal  stadium and now to top it all allowed to go full time when clubs who have been in the same situation where left to relegation and without funding to run the club sink or swim how can the gutless wonders in red hall allow this to happen in view of everyone concerned with the clubs that where in my eyes hung out to dry and left to get on with it. More then double standards it's immorally wrong.

chappy

59 minutes ago, suzzy said:

Disgusting they have been allowed to do this after none payement of debt allowed to continue in the championship allowed to continue playing on the odsal  stadium and now to top it all allowed to go full time when clubs who have been in the same situation where left to relegation and without funding to run the club sink or swim how can the gutless wonders in red hall allow this to happen in view of everyone concerned with the clubs that where in my eyes hung out to dry and left to get on with it. More then double standards it's immorally wrong.

Apparently if I remember correctly it's to do with the legacy they have in super league. 

For me they should have started from league 1 and kept one of the relegated teams in their place 

13 hours ago, Stevos Barber said:

Not been able to get up for a few weeks :(

Is it The Fleece again or the White Horse?

I think the latest is The New Labour Club. It is on the other side of Tesco's from The Fleece and The White HOUSE. If you come out of Tesco's car park it is the low white building on the other side of the road with "The New Labour Club" written on it. See you Sunday (by the way, it isn't a real labour club). 

Yeah The Labour Club seems the venue of choice at the moment :)

As for the game, well its a tough ask this, whatever the rights and wrongs of Bradford being in the division they are here Sunday. The politics have been done to death and now we have a Rugby League game to focus on, they are full of confidence having pulled back to within 4 points of being back to 0 points. The form they are showing is top 4 material at the moment,ours is certainly bottom 4 as it stands. As Scott has said we need a reaction and get some confidence back in the side with a good performance. IF we play well we can do it, off form  and we will get humped again.

I would like to see the team revert back to a similar side to previous weeks with a few tweaks (no offence to the DR lads who do their best for us when selected). Personally I would like to see us line up (injuries permitting) something like this.........

Lepori,Clay,Grimshaw,Egodo,Gill,Leatherbarrow,Hewitt,Neal,Hughes,Davies,Langtree,Tyson,Ward. Subs. Thompson,Owen,Burke,Gee.

Tyson in the pack to add aggression, Wardy to start and give them a torrid 20 mins first spell.Thommo and Burke can interchange in the props,Gee doesn't have to come on at hooker,play him anywhere in the pack (can also cover centre if needed)

Plenty of options to make changes on the fly in that side I feel.

Hopefully the lads will put the wrongs of last week right and show us that we don't become a poor side overnight. Looking forward to the game. Get behind the side whoever is in and roar them on to a vital 2 points.

Can't argue with 34s team except I'd have Gill in the centre and Chisholm on the wing.

Egodo will be a class act in the near future but his defence is found wanting.

I would like to see Grimshaw at loose forward - someone else to make the opposition think a bit.

Does anyone know who the referee is?

3 hours ago, roughyed34 said:

Yeah The Labour Club seems the venue of choice at the moment :)

As for the game, well its a tough ask this, whatever the rights and wrongs of Bradford being in the division they are here Sunday. The politics have been done to death and now we have a Rugby League game to focus on, they are full of confidence having pulled back to within 4 points of being back to 0 points. The form they are showing is top 4 material at the moment,ours is certainly bottom 4 as it stands. As Scott has said we need a reaction and get some confidence back in the side with a good performance. IF we play well we can do it, off form  and we will get humped again.

I would like to see the team revert back to a similar side to previous weeks with a few tweaks (no offence to the DR lads who do their best for us when selected). Personally I would like to see us line up (injuries permitting) something like this.........

Lepori,Clay,Grimshaw,Egodo,Gill,Leatherbarrow,Hewitt,Neal,Hughes,Davies,Langtree,Tyson,Ward. Subs. Thompson,Owen,Burke,Gee.

Tyson in the pack to add aggression, Wardy to start and give them a torrid 20 mins first spell.Thommo and Burke can interchange in the props,Gee doesn't have to come on at hooker,play him anywhere in the pack (can also cover centre if needed)

Plenty of options to make changes on the fly in that side I feel.

Hopefully the lads will put the wrongs of last week right and show us that we don't become a poor side overnight. Looking forward to the game. Get behind the side whoever is in and roar them on to a vital 2 points.

I wouldn't play Egodo and Gill together as both of them seem to leak tries and lack experience. If Scott Turner is fit, i'd have to find him a place either at wing or fullback. I like the look of the side apart from that. 

Archived