Bradford Match

jroyales

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha that's true jroyales ? oh well,have to get something wrong pal lol. 

What a fantastic effort today, thought we were done for after 65ish mins.....but the pride was there today and it meant the world. The scenes when Gilly got the winner will live long in the memory. Our fans were brilliant today, got behind the lads 100%. Proud of everyone there today including a big following from Bradford who took the result and congratulated us on the win. What a fabulous sport we have .

Probably gutted that their side who get everything from the RFL and think they have been hard done too were losing to little old Oldham haha ? In all fairness the majority of Bulls fans were great today, wished us well and said we deserved the win. Great game in a good atmosphere, that's what its all about. 

Got home at 7 30 still smiling and bumped into no 2 son Jimmy walking along the road. He couldn't believe it. I think my heart was still racing when I got to Woodhead. The celebrations at the end even beat the Haven match last year. Giving it heart and soul to a team as a fan brings us all back to being 11 years old again sometimes.

My dad's 92 and i have to give him a match update every week , he was over the moon today, i told him if we get a nice day i will bring him to bower fold  , it would be his first match at a league match, after being a Wolverhampton woderers fan all his life, I have to get him the chron every mon for the rugby 

What a game. Fully deserved to win today with everybody contributing. Spencer was absolutely outstanding at loose today as were Lippy and Clay returning the ball. Langers also looked back to his best scoring tries and breaking tackles. Grimshaw's defence was again immense at centre.

That try and celebration is right up there for me with last years Whitehaven game, Ground almost exploded when Gilly grounded the ball. If we can get a thousand under those sticks we won't lose many games, get down to the Fold and watch some quality rugby.

Some huge calls from Scott that he got spot on today. Dropping your captain is a massive decision but it was the right one and Sammy had a quality game taking us forward from dummy half.  Gilly moving to centre and Egodo to wing worked almost perfectly. Both had cracking games, especially Egodo who looked much more comfortable on the wing.

What a fantastic day of rugby, even the sun was shining and the grass looked green.

Went today with another 13 non regular lads from the pub who all had a great day out and in the bar after the game with Jack Spencer & Gilly, they even started looking at flights to Toulouse.

Must admit thought we were going to lose more points due to another missed kick, but there kicker was there downfall today, as I've said penalties win prizes. 

Great effort by all the team 'bodies on the line', without criticism I still think there's better to come from this side.

Oldham made my weekend :-)

When the players came down to the supporters at the end of the game my wife got Kieron Gill to sign the grandchildrens' shirts. As he started writing he said that he was struggling to sign because his hands were still shaking. He was so happy!! Thanks Kieron, the boys were so pleased you signed their shirts.

And a big well done and thank you to all the players today, they never gave up.

Tony Mac

If you’re going through hell, keep going – Winston Churchill

16 minutes ago, john in oz said:

Any vision anywhere Dave ?

Tomorrow probably.  The club video is uploading at the moment.  I've got some GoPro footage taken on my new "it's for Toulouse" camera, but I'm still learning how to use it.  Here's Adam Neal's try.  View full screen on HD for best results.

36 minutes ago, Dave Naylor said:

Tomorrow probably.  The club video is uploading at the moment.  I've got some GoPro footage taken on my new "it's for Toulouse" camera, but I'm still learning how to use it.  Here's Adam Neal's try.  View full screen on HD for best results.

Whats that blue stuff towards the top of the screen?  And the green stuff towards the bottom?

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Well what a fabulous Sunday afternoon I shared with my fellow Yeds. Woke up with the grin still on my face ?

First half I was a little worried as a few heads seemed to drop. However, as in the past with these lads, pure determination and graft and pride gave them the win they deserved.

Be a long time before I forget Gilly's try, great break from Egodo and then slipping the ball to Gilly, then off he went on his mazy run to score Under the sticks. To cap it off the look on his face and celebration was fantastic.

Great performance to take the points and an absolutely fantastic game of rugby. Thanks to all the boys for the immense effort you put in.

What a performance by Oldham. 
I'll be looking for videos in the links you've all posted here, but from match reports I read it's a huge victory, against a full-time team. 
It's rapidly becoming my 'favourite' team in the Championship, together with Toulouse and the London Broncos. 
[...]
I read Lippy played very well, too. 

Toronto Wolfpack Global Ambassador

39 minutes ago, MatthewWoody said:

What a performance by Oldham. 
I'll be looking for videos in the links you've all posted here, but from match reports I read it's a huge victory, against a full-time team. 
It's rapidly becoming my 'favourite' team in the Championship, together with Toulouse and the London Broncos. 
I saw the connection/collaboration with Liverpool FC too and as a LFC fan it increses my interest. 
I read Lippy played very well, too. 

The Liverpool thing was a poisson d'Avril.  Apart from that, yay!

I was just thinking.  Those of us who endured the drubbing at Odsal last year in the shield game will remember how, despite the horrors of the scoreline, we never stopped supporting the lads.  I think repayment in full was delivered by the players yesterday.

Never stop believing.

Archived