Attendances - growth negligible. A disgrace?

13 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

I thought the Salford/Leigh season pass allowing half price entry into each other's ground was quite good.  Does anyone else do that?  Salfords attendance seems to be up this year.

And so do their performances they are playing the best they have done for years, That is the biggest draw card of all by a country mile, do you really think any significant number of leigh fans are swelling Salford's crowds??

Kind of a travelling Salford supporters club from Leigh?

9 hours ago, themainbrace said:

Lowering prices sounds like the right thing to do to boost overall income, but how low do you go before revenue falls completely?

They could have knocked a £Fiver off all tickets last night at Headingley and lost £85,000.How is that boosting income.

There is a gross assumption if you make it cheap a thousand more will turn up to the games.That's true on season tickets but only to a point but as they are cost sensitive they don't tend to spend in the stadium. And you lose money on the regulars who have all been allowed to pay less than they would have paid.

Wakefield and Bradford have tried the cheap season tickets and it didn't work, Salford let them in for nowt and it didn't work.

If you let me in free to Yorkshire Carnegie, I won't go because it wastes my valuable time.

If you charge me £20 to get in to Rhinos where i want to go then charge someone else £5 because they are playing hard to get I would be angry and wan't my £15 back so you can't easily go round doing that.

It's unfair on the Marketing staff at clubs to be pilloried like this when they have tried all these things.

1 hour ago, JohnM said:

I think that clubs such as Cas, Wigan, Leeds, Saints , Toronto, Toulouse, Cats etc do have vision, otherwise they'd be gone.

What they don't choose to have is a right of reply, and so they can be pilloried on here by the Marketing experts.

Hetherington can sell better than anyone on here and as useless as all other SL marketing departments apparently are to believe they won't copy the actual best practices at the top clubs in naive.

What this ever repeating thread boils down to is we know more than our Uncle Gary.....

17 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

That would just be SL I assume.

That's right - the other divisions are more difficult. Although the Championship is well up (31.93% to be exact), that's more due to swapping Leigh with an average last season of 3529 with HKR who so far are averaging 7575 (and well done the supporters for sticking with them!) and their away support. Although Championship one's down they've only played 22 games in total so it's not really fair to do a comparison yet.

1 hour ago, The Parksider said:

What they don't choose to have is a right of reply, and so they can be pilloried on here by the Marketing experts.

Hetherington can sell better than anyone on here and as useless as all other SL marketing departments apparently are to believe they won't copy the actual best practices at the top clubs in naive.

What this ever repeating thread boils down to is we know more than our Uncle Gary.....

Marketing is a waste of time anyway. The expert has told us that on many ever-repeating threads.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

23 hours ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

So far the average this season is much the same as last, with only Catalans (-14.3%), Leeds (-11.28%) and St. Helens (-1.5%) being lower, all the other clubs showing at least a small increase (my figures obtained from 'League Express', so any complaints to them:rtfm:).

Is that a like for like comparison, e.g. the same teams playing as travelling fans impact as well.  The teams at the start of this season at Headingley are different than last hence the question.

2 hours ago, redjonn said:

Is that a like for like comparison, e.g. the same teams playing as travelling fans impact as well.  The teams at the start of this season at Headingley are different than last hence the question.

No, its just this season against the whole of last season - with some of the big games to come (e.g. Wigan still have to play Saints and Wire at the DW), the SL average may well end up higher than last year (fingers crossed!).

1 hour ago, UxbridgeBunny said:

Does anyone have the actual attendance figures for SL clubs so far? Id be especially interested in salford as they do look healthier this season judged by TV, but I've not been able to find the numbers quoted anywhere

Up to last Thursday, which I can't find quoted anywhere (it's not on their website) Salford's average is 5655, a very healthy increase on last season's overall figure of 3529.

I think crowds are pretty good this year.

Though I don't like the 8's they have proved that a intense 23 round season is the what the people want. Unfortunatly the the 8's extend the season way too long and lose all momentum created.

Hopefully they will see sense and bring back the top 5 play offs

3 hours ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

Up to last Thursday, which I can't find quoted anywhere (it's not on their website) Salford's average is 5655, a very healthy increase on last season's overall figure of 3529.

Salford always seem difficult to find, directly after the game.  Why?

A figure will turn up in a few days!

7 hours ago, The Parksider said:

And so do their performances they are playing the best they have done for years, That is the biggest draw card of all by a country mile, do you really think any significant number of leigh fans are swelling Salford's crowds??

Kind of a travelling Salford supporters club from Leigh?

Actually I believe there are quite a few going in both directions.

The stadiums are less than 30 mins apart and plenty of fans of Leigh live in Salford and plenty of Salford who live around Wigan/Leigh.

A perk of their season tickets is you can pop in to see the other for a tenner if you want to watch an extra game of rugby, or if your team is away.

Most fans seem to think it is a nice perk and a benefit as a season ticket holder rather than giving away cheap tickets which makes people question the value of a season ticket.

19 hours ago, kiyan said:

Actually I believe there are quite a few going in both directions.

There are quite a few RL fans everywhere who go in more than both directions. I go to many clubs to see games.

The point was that the rise in Salfords crowds from 3,000 to 5,000 was probably attributable mainly to improved performances.

This would be consistent with erm just about every clubs rise and fall in attendances.

Do you believe hundreds of leigh fans now go to Salford regularly??

Archived