Hunslet club Parkside

Are my eyes deceiving me / wrong result printed......have the all conquering all singing Hunslet club been beaten in what was going to be a stroll for them this season ,according to previous posts ,  going to be tougher than you thought lads !!!! 

16 hours ago, sidsmudge said:

Are my eyes deceiving me / wrong result printed......have the all conquering all singing Hunslet club been beaten in what was going to be a stroll for them this season ,according to previous posts ,  going to be tougher than you thought lads !!!! 

The've got the league table wrong,surely they aren't the 2nd best club in Hunslet.

On 4/1/2017 at 9:04 PM, sidsmudge said:

No, it's a fair one. Normanton came up and did a good job of nullifying our attack, which as the score suggests was vital as there wasn't much in it overall. 

I don't think you'll find anyone who's said this season was going to be 'a stroll' - was obviously going to be tougher then last year (and Blackbrook beat us then) so in truth happy to get this out of the way now as it will give any player who did think it'd be easy a rightful kick up the proverbial.

Still maintain we'll win the league and get promoted - we weren't at our best by any stretch and only just got edged by a very solid Normanton side, so this will be treated as it should be, a blip, but nothing more. 

Yes I ageee you can't win them all unless your playing in a league like we are but we can only play what is in front of us unfortunately norminton are a good we'll drilled side that if your not on top of your game you will get punished by them they gave us a good game at ours early in the challange cup but we came out on top you won't be far away with the squad you have assembled there at the old boys but division 1 is the hardest division to get out of you need a good team sprit and a good bunch of lads prepared to travel home and away good luck for the season and you never know our paths might cross in the next round of the barla cup which will be interesting 

On ‎03‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 0:20 PM, Fryston warrior said:

Yes I ageee you can't win them all unless your playing in a league like we are but we can only play what is in front of us unfortunately norminton are a good we'll drilled side that if your not on top of your game you will get punished by them they gave us a good game at ours early in the challange cup but we came out on top you won't be far away with the squad you have assembled there at the old boys but division 1 is the hardest division to get out of you need a good team sprit and a good bunch of lads prepared to travel home and away good luck for the season and you never know our paths might cross in the next round of the barla cup which will be interesting 

How many players from Fryston play all year round these days.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

• 4 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, Hunslets finest said:

Brassey how's the side looking for Saturday!? 

And are the rumours true it's on the old/new pitch!?

Brassey's a Drig fan , not a Warrior.....Crowd wise i'd say up near the 800 mark

21 hours ago, brassey said:

noisy neighbours lol seems to be you that doing all the mouthing hunslet green and gold some better saying nowt in case it back and bites you in the backside

Some people confuse confidence with ability - we have both, so we're quite happy to vocalise it. It's not meant to be disrespectful to anyone, although some take it that way, and we do obviously get beat sometimes and we accept the stick we get when we do - all part of the fun.

Parksides pack totally dominated this game from start to finish. They were just too big and powerful for the Warriors and repeatedly broke the defensive line time after time.They looked a stone a man bigger and with Biscombe and Pettman to come back they need to dominate the smaller Fryston pack if they are going to win the Final on May 28th.Best of luck at Featherstone.

On 5/3/2017 at 3:29 PM, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Really looking forward to the BARLA National Cup Final against Fryston. 2 sides with very strong packs and good in defence - it'll be an arm wrestle in every sense. We've just to put the noisy neighbours back in their box this weekend first ;)

Like I said......back in their box. 

The reality is we're going through a purple patch over the last few seasons as all sides do (Kells and Pilks spring to mind in recent years) . Warriors a very much in a rebuilding phase, but they'd be more than happy to claim the bragging if it was the other way round so we'll do exactly that. 

Big game this weekend then we can start to look forward to our day out with Fryston.

1 hour ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Like I said......back in their box. 

The reality is we're going through a purple patch over the last few seasons as all sides do (Kells and Pilks spring to mind in recent years) . Warriors a very much in a rebuilding phase, but they'd be more than happy to claim the bragging if it was the other way round so we'll do exactly that. 

Big game this weekend then we can start to look forward to our day out with Fryston.

Looks like a great win over your neighbours at the weekend. I look forward to coming over to your spot this weekend, should be a really tough game between the 2 early season pacesetters. 

On ‎04‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 2:14 PM, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Some people confuse confidence with ability - we have both, so we're quite happy to vocalise it. It's not meant to be disrespectful to anyone, although some take it that way, and we do obviously get beat sometimes and we accept the stick we get when we do - all part of the fun.

What position do you play ? I was talking to one of Hunslet's finest the other day (Mark Cunningham)

On ‎10‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 10:13 AM, hunsletgreenandgold said:

I used to play in the forwards Marauder. Yeah Cunny was a decent player in a good warriors side about 7/8 years ago.

He's to busy making his millions now, LOL :aggressive:

Archived