Rugby League News Websites

For years my go-to place was Sporting Life.

Since the latest re-vamp its absolutley gash, with tables displayed as text, no attendances, fixtures and results not clear.

Where is the best place to get online scores, news, attendances and reports from these days?

10 minutes ago, Rob said:

For years my go-to place was Sporting Life.

Since the latest re-vamp its absolutley gash, with tables displayed as text, no attendances, fixtures and results not clear.

Where is the best place to get online scores, news, attendances and reports from these days?

I'll put this politely, but anyone answers anything other than www.totalrl.com to this question, the thread's getting locked.

4 hours ago, John Drake said:

I'll put this politely, but anyone answers anything other than www.totalrl.com to this question, the thread's getting locked.

John

Where on totalrl.com are tables published and results (latest scores, scorers etc) and attendances?  I've no desire to 'crowd source' information from a 10-page forum thread before anyone suggests that.

I'll point out that I am a paying customer of yours - I've been a subscriber to RLW & LE for 20 years or more.

I even paid the £10 to be a member of this forum before League Publications decided to make it free for everyone.

Respectfully, Totalrl.com doesn't even try and produce a few of the items I mentioned in the OP.

And I've no desire to wait until my copy of LE arrives on a Tuesday to find out what happened.

11 hours ago, Rob said:

John

Where on totalrl.com are tables published and results (latest scores, scorers etc) and attendances?  I've no desire to 'crowd source' information from a 10-page forum thread before anyone suggests that.

I'll point out that I am a paying customer of yours - I've been a subscriber to RLW & LE for 20 years or more.

I even paid the £10 to be a member of this forum before League Publications decided to make it free for everyone.

Respectfully, Totalrl.com doesn't even try and produce a few of the items I mentioned in the OP.

And I've no desire to wait until my copy of LE arrives on a Tuesday to find out what happened.

So was all this just a prelim to saying what Total doesn't do for you?

If not I can give you even more suggestions and if so I'll step out of the line of fire.

Using a disguised post/thread to get your agenda on the table won't make you exactly stand out from the crown on this forum though.;)

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

13 hours ago, Oxford said:

I'd not heard of some of these, but clicked on the links and liked the look of 'newsnow.couk'.  First story was about Robbie Paul joining Salford ...... that sounds interesting I thought ....... clicked on the link and it took me to the story on totalrl!!!

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

15 hours ago, Rob said:

John

Hi Rob

First of all, thanks for subscribing to LE & RLW. We appreciate it. If everyone who uses this site did the same, I probably wouldn't be writing this message.

The reason TotalRL doesn't provide the kind of comprehensive data you're looking for online is because it costs money to collate accurate data like that, and we can't afford to just give it away, plus it would detract from sales/subscriptions of LE, which effectively subsidises the existence of this site, or at least keeps it free to use.

I appreciate the paper version of LE is not as instant as online, but the digital edition of LE is available from 10pm Sunday night these days and we'd rather encourage people to buy that to get comprehensive data on the weekend's games than start giving away a lot of its content for nothing on here. For us, it's simple economics. Unless we can encourage people to pay for the work we do, or click on our ads, we can't continue to do what we do.

I don't know why Sporting Life has stopped offering the kind of comprehensive service it used to do, but my guess is that it is no longer viable for them to do so. Nothing is genuinely 'free' on the internet: someone, somewhere is having to fund it, and click-through advertising doesn't generate sufficient revenue to pay for it all.

The problem we have when you ask people to post links to other sites on here is that we would prefer people to stay on our site and buy our products/click on our ads rather than be encouraged to go somewhere else. It's as simple as that. Straight up, no bull, that's the honest truth.

We get frustrated too, when we see people posting links on here to other news websites, when the exact same news is more often than not published on TotalRL (as illustrated by the post immediately above this one).

I appreciate this will irk some people, who think we're being overbearing, but in reality, we're just trying to protect our business in what is a difficult and cutthroat marketplace.

Of course there are other sites out there, and people will go wherever they want on the internet, but we'd rather encourage people to stay on TotalRL as much as possible, and buy LE & RLW too if it is comprehensive, quality RL coverage they are looking for, rather than - on our own site - see them prompted to go elsewhere.

Cheers

John

8 hours ago, Odsal Outlaw said:

I'd not heard of some of these, but clicked on the links and liked the look of 'newsnow.couk'.  First story was about Robbie Paul joining Salford ...... that sounds interesting I thought ....... clicked on the link and it took me to the story on totalrl!!!

:O

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Archived