Batley v Rochdale Match thread

Batley Bob

Well the ref has been announced

Batley Bulldogs v Rochdale Hornets

Sunday 9th April

Foxs Biscuits Stadium KO : 15:00

Referee: C Straw

See more at: http://www.rugby-league.com/the_rfl/referee_appointments#sthash.lSIRd6W3.dpuf

Also

Official opening of the new Gym / Wrestle room Batley RLFC this Sunday v Rochdale Hornets with Rugby AM in attendance , sponsorship from riva homes and Henley stone made this facility possible

IMG_0583.JPG

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's the team not the ref we need to worry about. Too inconsistent. 50 points in both directions in 2 games isn't what you'd call consistent, which is what we keep asking refs to be.

Rochdale seem to give even more penalties away than Dewsbury and their coach thinks they are badly treated.

Expect a lively match.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

It's not the ref: that fusses us, Batley Bob only mentions it because not everybody nosey onto the RFL site, so it's only for information, nothing other.

forget ref for me, i know we have had belters but there doing a job and were a bit short so give em a break..

if we dont play dumb rugby we shouldent know hes even on the pitch, we know rochdale like to mix it a bit so if we count to 4 ish we will be ok,,,faz. cant wait for this one to be fair and i think we are going on a winning streak of a few games come sunday..:download: lets pack the place and support the dogs and the whole coaching setup were blessed with.:aggressive::clapping:

for 2nd time in 2 years i have to agree with you Buford, we are now 10 weeks in and not seen same squad 2 weeks in a row, unless we are picking up a few injuries each week and we are in the position we don't have to play players that have picked up knocks as in previous seasons or is Disko ,Ranierii in disguise

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

1 hour ago, M Hopkins said:

Walker and Scott both got knocks. Better to rest them and have them for the rest of the season than risk worse injury. 

we have a good squad I still don't see the problem. 

The problem is, imo of course, week after week the team is dirsupted, week after week the team is getting tinkered with, so how can we have a settled team like the coach said he wanted after pre season when all he does is mess about with the team, yes if we have a couple of knocks change, but its been getting changed every single week from 1st day of his coaching & we certainley haven't had knocks every week.....

56 minutes ago, billybulldog said:

The problem is, imo of course, week after week the team is dirsupted, week after week the team is getting tinkered with, so how can we have a settled team like the coach said he wanted after pre season when all he does is mess about with the team, yes if we have a couple of knocks change, but its been getting changed every single week from 1st day of his coaching & we certainley haven't had knocks every week.....

I agree that we need a settled team, and believe that at our level, we should always put out our best available team.

However, two flaws with my own argument are:

1. We are generally agreed that this season we have our best quality squad for many years, so any changes made should not significantly weaken the team we put out on match days. 

and

2. I cannot imagine that any team that plays our great and demanding game comes off the pitch at the end of any match without knocks. Therefore why would MD risk any players, with even slight knocks if there are players of equal or near equal quality to take their place.

Of course, if there was a section on the website with injury updates, this conversation would be moot!

42 minutes ago, distantdog said:

I agree that we need a settled team, and believe that at our level, we should always put out our best available team.

However, two flaws with my own argument are:

1. We are generally agreed that this season we have our best quality squad for many years, so any changes made should not significantly weaken the team we put out on match days. 

and

2. I cannot imagine that any team that plays our great and demanding game comes off the pitch at the end of any match without knocks. Therefore why would MD risk any players, with even slight knocks if there are players of equal or near equal quality to take their place.

Of course, if there was a section on the website with injury updates, this conversation would be moot!

To add to this , we will play the next 3 games in the space of 8 days , so we will need to rotate to keep the team fresh

IMG_0583.JPG

Would have been nice to have Manning and Farrell in the team tomorrow. According to the London fans on the general forum, Rochdale are a team of thugs and headhunters. Or maybe Disking has seen something in there comments and has left Manning out so as not to risk suspension.

Disco IMO is utilising the resources he has to hand. All the lads are part timers, and playing in an extremely competitive league where most teams are capable of beating each other. They do not have the luxury of  a full week of training/recovery, so this is the only option he has. He is a young coach, doing things his way, and again IMO looking after the welfare and recovery of his players. He has some good young players at his disposal within the squad, and it is good to see the likes of Hill and O'Sullivan included in the Squad to give them an opportunity against a good Rochdale side.

Archived