Town V Haven predictions.

town4me

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you play with the same drive and guts shown at Craven park you will beat Haven quite convincingly

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

It depends which team turns up for me. Hopefully the Gloucester game was a one off and it's the attitude from the other games will be there which I'm sure it will. Haven will be different again from the pre season games when they just played in the middle of the pitch. 

I'm sure the lads can get the job done in a tight game. 22-18 for me and I never thought I'd be predicting a win at the beginning of the year. 

UTT.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Echo that. 

Town have shown home really good stuff and promise but equally some really poor things like the all golds and the thunder game. It's which team turns up on the day. Hopefully that performance will carry into the weekend. And please please keep Doran in after a decent display.

Town 24 - 20 haven.

Another stressful 80mins I predict with another year or 2 off my life expectancy....

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

1 hour ago, anok4u said:

Another stressful 80mins I predict with another year or 2 off my life expectancy....

It's good that some of us can still tap into the adrenaline.  Let's hope for a decent turn out and if we don't have too many crocks and we can keep a lid on Elliott ,hopefully, the win. 

depending on who is fit to play and if they play anything like they have just shown then it could be a walk in the park as havens defence is woeful in comparrison to barrow , town just need to find that clinical finish to their attack . town by 18 

Tough game for both teams, one which could go either way as both teams can be a bit "Jeckyll and Hyde" and you never know which one will turn up. With home advantage if Town turn up and do the basics right I think we'll edge it but I can't see there being much in it either way.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Having seen both teams last weekend i think Workington will win.

Someone on an earlier post commented that Town seem to have a good mix of players that will only get better, i have to agree with that.

Barrow ARE a god team despite some of the mutterings on here and Town had them on the rack for large parts of the game last Saturday.

It may be that they need a bit more time to gel and this season may be a bit too soon to get promoted, but if last Saturday is anything to go on they are definitely on the right track.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

17 minutes ago, Bearman said:

It may be that they need a bit more time to gel and this season may be a bit too soon to get promoted, but if last Saturday is anything to go on they are definitely on the right track.

Promotion is the last thing we want this year. We need a year of stabilisation off the field as well as on it, so that if we do go back up at some point then we are properly geared up for it.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

26 minutes ago, Bearman said:

Someone on an earlier post commented that Town seem to have a good mix of players that will only get better, i have to agree with that.

Barrow ARE a god team despite some of the mutterings on here and Town had them on the rack for large parts of the game last Saturday.

Steady on , you're good but not that good . Home matches would be on mount Olympus 

25 minutes ago, Bearman said:

Don't think anyone dissed Barrow on here--- their unbeaten run speaks for itself. Some people just can't tell talk from mutter!  Didn't realise the good Lord had given them his holy blessing though?!  I know-----typo-typo?

3 hours ago, Bearman said:

Off topic but I'm a fan of Midlands RL so went to support the Bears on Sunday. I wondered what you thought of the Coventry performance. 

My thoughts were they close to being competitive but probably 1 or 2 seasons from parity with the traditional clubs. They weren't as strong as the All Golds. 

Also surprised that they gained in strength in the 2nd half and only lost 10 v 6. After the 1st half I'd have expected Haven to have started to run away with it as the game went on.

Finally where do they draw their players from these days? Back in the Conference Days Telford and Bears seemed to draw from Union players wanting to play League in the summer. Are they still mainly Midlands based?

24 minutes ago, Worky said:

Off topic but I'm a fan of Midlands RL so went to support the Bears on Sunday. I wondered what you thought of the Coventry performance. 

My thoughts were they close to being competitive but probably 1 or 2 seasons from parity with the traditional clubs. They weren't as strong as the All Golds. 

Also surprised that they gained in strength in the 2nd half and only lost 10 v 6. After the 1st half I'd have expected Haven to have started to run away with it as the game went on.

Finally where do they draw their players from these days? Back in the Conference Days Telford and Bears seemed to draw from Union players wanting to play League in the summer. Are they still mainly Midlands based?

Thanks for the kind words.

I have to say we were disappointed with our overall performance.

We are far too soft in defence. I wonder if our resurgence in the second half is more about 'Haven letting us off rather than going for the jugular?

Half of our team are midlands residents  ( not necessarily midlanders). With a few that are home grown Bears academy .

We have a car full from central Lancs and another from Yorkshire which I think is pretty similar to 'Haven and Barrow.

In our expereience union players are fine at midlands conference level but as soon as you get to NCL and above they just don't cut it. 

We have a fair bit of league activity at university and at amateur level. Unfortunately, its the tail wagging the dog, instead of the amatuers providing us with players they have built a competitive team with our rejects!

We have plans to grow the game in the midlands but of course Rome wasnt built....

Ron Banks

33 minutes ago, Bearman said:

Thanks for the kind words.

I have to say we were disappointed with our overall performance.

We are far too soft in defence. I wonder if our resurgence in the second half is more about 'Haven letting us off rather than going for the jugular?

Haven fans claiming the ref was deliberately keeping the score down....

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

54 minutes ago, OttO said:

Haven fans claiming the ref was deliberately keeping the score down....

Yes, its always the refs fault.

But, dont get me wrong I'm under no illusions or trying to claim that the Bears were suddenly better in the second half. 

I guarantee that when Carl Forster is reviewing the teams performance with the players, he makes it very clear that it was them that went off the boil and not the referee.

In an honest appraisal of how Haven compared with the other teams the Bears have played so far this season in the league so far I would place them as follows

1) Barrow (14-50) yes I'm biased but it was in Coventry and Barrow had a long journey.

2) Skolars (42-16)

3) Haven (44-12

I give second place to Skolars JUST because of the extra strain the journey to Cumbria imposes and because in a way we expect to do better against Southern teams than the Cumbrian sides.

4) Doncaster (26-4) there was a real feeling that this was a case of the ref not giving us a fair rub of the green and we felt the scoreline flattered the Dons.

Oh, and for what it's worth Town are the best team I have seen AFTER Barrow and that includes Keighley and Hunslet. 

Please, please dont take this as me trying to knock Whitehaven. We were given one of the warmest welcomes off the field that we have had since we stepped up to this level. I recognise that they are just starting a period of rebuilding and Im sure even the most one eyed 'haven fan will agree that they are very much a "work in progress" in what is a very difficult situation.

I cannot see them geting out of this division this year and for me the best thing about that is that next year we may have the opportunity to welcome them to Coventry where we can reciprocate the very warm welcome they extended to us at the Rec.

Fortunately we will get the chance to welcome YOU to tbe BPA and after enjoying the trip from Craven Park to Whitehaven on one of your supporters buses I cant wait  to meet up again with some of the people I met on the bus on Saturday.

Good luck for the rest of the season 

Ron Banks

Archived