Town V Haven predictions.

town4me

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, bomberisgod said:

No pens,no mistakes,and no try to them just before half time please,and we will be o.k.

I'll settle for less pens and less mistakes :-) ....and yes no try given away just before half time

1 hour ago, GMcKeating said:

Of course we're allowed to discuss injuries folks. All I was pointing out in my comment was that the post on Macauley was before the official injury report was given to Workington. Therefore it was someone in the know. I just thinks it's wise to be circumspect about the ins and outs of a team, particularly in derby week. If I'm wrong happy to say so. 

Phil had a minor op last week, the prognosis was 4-5 week and we have a break until early May so we'll give an update nearer the time 

Is macauley out them mate? If so is it likely that well get someone else up from wigan? 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Gary can we do this please? Id have no problem doing it if someone is the link tongue announcement isn't on the rfl website or something.

Always sadly found the Friday 7pm announcement exciting last season. Waiting for fifitas return.

Sadly im.still waiting 

Think we have the better halves , but our kicking game is the most important factor for me on Friday , if Haven play Elliott at full back we can t afford to dish up what we did against Gloucester or he will have a field day . Equally i would put Mossop opposite Jessie Joe to try and keep him quiet .We are more than capable of winning , we just need to turn up on the day .Up The Town .

4 hours ago, ivans82 said:

Think we have the better halves , but our kicking game is the most important factor for me on Friday , if Haven play Elliott at full back we can t afford to dish up what we did against Gloucester or he will have a field day . Equally i would put Mossop opposite Jessie Joe to try and keep him quiet .We are more than capable of winning , we just need to turn up on the day .Up The Town .

I'll go with most of that but I think J.P. would do a better job on Jessie. Don't think J.J. is putting it all in without Dion pulling the strings. No wonder the jam are struggling in the middle with Roper replacing Aiye. After the Lord Mayor's show !  I think that if the real Town turn up the Jam will get a hiding. U.T.T.  

4 hours ago, ivans82 said:

I know its in the wrong shirt but it will great to see ell back at derwent park. Hopefully hell be in the correct shirt next time we see him

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

1 hour ago, town4me said:

Ell shacks and karl all back  next season would be good. (Unless they're  on 2yr contracts at the wreck). Its very quiet up the road.  There's  tumbleweed blowing over their forum.

I think Shacks is coming to the end of a long and honourable career and although I have often stuck  my neck out in defence of Karl I have to admit that despite his talent he is something of a liability. I don't think either of them would enhance our squad going forward. Plenty of good local prospects to look at instead. 

2 minutes ago, Seaton Sandy said:

I think Shacks is coming to the end of a long and honourable career and although I have often stuck  my neck out in defence of Karl I have to admit that despite his talent he is something of a liability. I don't think either of them would enhance our squad going forward. Plenty of good local prospects to look at instead. 

Having seen him in the derbies this season in a haven shirt Shacks seems half the player he was for us.  I personally would have him back.  I would also rather have an inform Olstrum than us be playing against him inform. Just a personal opinion. The pool of local players is getting smaller.  

1 minute ago, town4me said:

Having seen him in the derbies this season in a haven shirt Shacks seems half the player he was for us.  I personally would have him back.  I would also rather have an inform Olstrum than us be playing against him inform. Just a personal opinion. The pool of local players is getting smaller.  

I believe Shacks is "half the player" full stop. After watching the lunacy that got Karl his latest ban there is no doubt that he is just as likely to get sent off as contribute to the team ethic. Our local lads consistently turn over sides in   the    amateur ranks in the so-called heartlands and there is a lot of potential here to be tapped. 

Just me who wouldn't have any of them back? I want town players that want to wear the town shirt.  Not ones that take off at the first fluttering of cash? Shacks half the player.  Olstrum was a liability with us either discipline or off the field. And ell, the most talented in my opinion, too injury prone. 

If their wage demands fit within our budget I would personally have all 3 players back.

Ell would have to accept a place on the wing unless Tee was injured but even though he thinks he is a fullback I think wing is his ideal position anyway.

Karl can be a liability and comes with a lot of baggage but his defence is rock solid and that is something we are lacking at the minute.

I also think people saying shacks is past it are being a bit harsh, the last few games of last season when due to injuries he had to fill in at second row he played some of his best rugby in all his time with us. He also put his hand up to play through the pain barrier every week even though the bandages on his knees were getting bigger and bigger. I think maybe more than past it he is instead just going through the motions at haven as his heart isn't in it?

But they chose to wear the shirt of the jameaters. Can we dispense with all the sentiment and support the lads that want to wear the Town shirt. Miller & Shacks will celebrate in front of us with Newts & squarepants if they win. 

I'd rather be talking of the pride Jason will be feeling taking the field in his testimonial shirt. Here is a lad who's been with us in more thin times than thick and still gives his all. I'm sure today's victory will be as sweet as any if we can sneak it.

UTT

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

25 minutes ago, The Voodooguru said:

But they chose to wear the shirt of the jameaters. Can we dispense with all the sentiment and support the lads that want to wear the Town shirt. Miller & Shacks will celebrate in front of us with Newts & squarepants if they win. 

I'd rather be talking of the pride Jason will be feeling taking the field in his testimonial shirt. Here is a lad who's been with us in more thin times than thick and still gives his all. I'm sure today's victory will be as sweet as any if we can sneak it.

UTT

Top post. No doubt about it. They'll be gloating in front of the popular side no doubt if they win. So no sentiment the other way at all. Concentrate our praise on the players we have got!

Archived