14 Apr: The Kingstone Press Championship Match Thread

Discuss all the Good Friday Kingstone Press Championship games here.

FRIDAY 14th APRIL
Bradford Bulls v Halifax RLFC KO 8pm
Dewsbury Rams v Batley Bulldogs    KO 1pm
Hull Kingston Rovers v Featherstone Rovers KO 3pm
London Broncos v Toulouse Olympique XIII KO 12.30pm
Oldham v Swinton Lions KO 3pm
Rochdale Hornets v Sheffield Eagles KO 3pm

Bradford Bulls v Halifax RLFC 
Dewsbury Rams v Batley Bulldogs    
Hull Kingston Rovers v Featherstone Rovers 
London Broncos v Toulouse Olympique XIII 
Oldham v Swinton Lions 
Rochdale Hornets v Sheffield Eagles 

London Broncos v Toulouse Olympique XIII KO 12.30pm - Draw

Fabou.....A brave man tipping against Hull KR!

Sheens now saying Greenwood Blair Heffernan Mitch Clark Quinlan Lawler all likely to be available over the weekend so looking much better for the weekend. Featherstone Rovers are the away team on a big pitch, have lost twice this season v a team on a run of 10 consecutive runs. Hope your desire to see us trip up is disappointed!

2 hours ago, John Drake said:

FRIDAY 14th APRIL

I reckon:

Halifax

Batley

Hull KR

Toulouse

Oldham

Rochdale

56 minutes ago, stevereed100 said:

Sheens now saying Greenwood Blair Heffernan Mitch Clark Quinlan Lawler all likely to be available over the weekend so looking much better for the weekend. Featherstone Rovers are the away team on a big pitch, have lost twice this season v a team on a run of 10 consecutive runs. Hope your desire to see us trip up is disappointed!

It should be worth saying Fev are unbeaten away from home this season! That being said I still think HKR will be a little bit too strong for us on Friday.

57 minutes ago, stevereed100 said:

ahaha no hard feelings!

Note: I do not bet any money on my forecasts 

but, one (not me) could argue that it might be quite profitable for Hull KR to taste defeat before entering the second phase against their old friends from the SL (look what happened to Toulouse last year in finale !) 

Contenders or Pretenders time for the Broncos. With the axe being shown to four profile signings.

The club decided not to offer a Contract to Jamie Soward at the end of the last season as paying him would both blow a hole in cap space and run the risk of him breaking his leg in the first game and equally to avoid being a club where there was the one main playmaker.

Then they sign Jarred Sammut the poor mans Jamie Soward, and his erratic performances have undermined the team performance. The four profile signings dropped have been busts this year. The London Phantom especialy disappointing on his return. What escapes some people is that when London began their under the radar run last year it was as a workmanlike team unit and curiously I am much more chipper about London's chances this Friday than would have been the case before the squad was named.

Truly there is no I in in the spelling of team. You want the shirt you earn it on performance not on reputation.

Now all to play for.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

43 minutes ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

Contenders or Pretenders time for the Broncos. With the axe being shown to four profile signings.

The club decided not to offer a Contract to Jamie Soward at the end of the last season as paying him would both blow a hole in cap space and run the risk of him breaking his leg in the first game and equally to avoid being a club where there was the one main playmaker.

Then they sign Jarred Sammut the poor mans Jamie Soward, and his erratic performances have undermined the team performance. The four profile signings dropped have been busts this year. The London Phantom especialy disappointing on his return. What escapes some people is that when London began their under the radar run last year it was as a workmanlike team unit and curiously I am much more chipper about London's chances this Friday than would have been the case before the squad was named.

Truly there is no I in in the spelling of team. You want the shirt you earn it on performance not on reputation.

Now all to play for.

Couldnt agree more - show ponies sit in the stands, grafters and team players give the fans something to cheer. Two players laughing and joking in the post match bar last week dropped this week. F off from me. I want to support a team who turns up for the shirt. not the pay packet.

On 4/11/2017 at 9:53 AM, John Drake said:

FRIDAY 14th APRIL

Every one of these games has the potential to be a cracker and hopefully showcase the Championship for the entertaining division that it is.

Fax, Dogs, Rovers, Olympique, Lions and Hornets for me.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

5 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Every one of these games has the potential to be a cracker and hopefully showcase the Championship for the entertaining division that it is.

Fax, Dogs, Rovers, Olympique, Lions and Hornets for me.

I reckon you've probably got one of those predictions right..........

On 11/4/2017 at 10:53 AM, John Drake said:

FRIDAY 14th APRIL

This is the most intriguing to me. 
I'll go look for some radio commentary of the game. 

Toronto Wolfpack Global Ambassador

9 minutes ago, MatthewWoody said:

This is the most intriguing to me. 
I'll go look for some radio commentary of the game. 

Any idea where to tune into it ? Otherwise it's Twitter coverage for me

19 minutes ago, Konkrete said:

Looks like they're playing silly games...

Timing of their statement was about 5 mins after the announcement by us so make of that what you will.

image.jpeg

It's classic Tubbs.  Aston thinks he's a genius at mind games.  The reality is that he's an annoying fat ######.  

Really? we can't say the word t.u.r.d?

Archived