christheram

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, coolie said:

don't you mock :)

your getting gary thornton back next week mate

:)

to be fair to gary the fella did what he could with what he had, i know he got some stick but the players we had at the time were a bit hit and miss but sure played out their skins sometimes for gary and the fans, i really thought dewsbury would a made a statment of intent with franny cummins or stu dickins, or lashed out for cookie..:clapping: do you really know who the contenders were coolie.as i know some ruled them selves out so am told.

37 minutes ago, silverback said:

to be fair to gary the fella did what he could with what he had, i know he got some stick but the players we had at the time were a bit hit and miss but sure played out their skins sometimes for gary and the fans, i really thought dewsbury would a made a statment of intent with franny cummins or stu dickins, or lashed out for cookie..:clapping: do you really know who the contenders were coolie.as i know some ruled them selves out so am told.

Nowt wrong with Thornton he started the ball rolling at The Dogs.His reign as coach just ran its course. 

We only wanted a coach who was truly interested and enthusiastic about coaching the Dewsbury team. You can name lots of supposed potential choices but we shouldn't think of anyone except a dedicated enthusiast, and that is what Ned brings as well as plenty more.

He needs and should expect our total support.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 minutes ago, EQUALIZER said:

Nowt wrong with Thornton he started the ball rolling at The Dogs.His reign as coach just ran its course. 

And very popular at Doncaster if you ever read their forum.

:fie:

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

22 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

We only wanted a coach who was truly interested and enthusiastic about coaching the Dewsbury team. You can name lots of supposed potential choices but we shouldn't think of anyone except a dedicated enthusiast, and that is what Ned brings as well as plenty more.

He needs and should expect our total support.

All the fans on barmy army Facebook page are delighted . He's been in union since Widnes. A knowledgeable guy in both codes. A real motivater who people want to play for who's dedicated to our club. Can't thing of anyone better than Kelly for the job so welcome home Ned. Some Widnes fans actualy want him instead of Betts. Says a lot about the man. Good luck Ned.

Neil's CV since the glory days at the Rams... Took Widnes to SL, Superleague coach of year in his first season in SL, took them to the playoffs in Widnes first season back in big time... Think he then had a spell as director of rugby at Leigh before a stint in union...Ulster RU defence coach.... Namibia RU coach... in 2015 assistant Coach for Romania RU in rugby union 2015 World Cup... He may of been in union since his league coaching but you don't suddenly forget how to coach a RL side, how to motivate players etc... If anything he's probably more knowledgeable now than he as ever been before. He wants the job... Knows the club and area very well. Knows what we are about unlike Morro. Is there anyone any better truthuly?? I'm fully behind him. Not expecting miracles straight away but it can sure only get better!

2 hours ago, silverback said:

He signed the hit and miss players though!

As for you lor appointing Neil Kelly.....where did you dig him up from? Are things really that bad!

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

2 hours ago, christheram said:

Well looks like Neil is back at the club. Certainly knows how to motivate a team. Wish him all the best. Il certainly be behind him. Will take time but let's all get behind him!

Gave us some of our finest moments, so we can hardly be disappointed. My only worry is that, having been out of league for a while, he may not have the contacts to bring in what is required in terms of players to save the day.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

1 minute ago, buford t justice said:

As for you lor appointing Neil Kelly.....where did you dig him up from? Are things really that bad!

They couldn't have been bad - it only took KH and Tiger to make them into a formidable side.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

The main priority is avoiding relegation this season with the existing squad plus Loans and DR.

I am sure that he still has the contacts to enable us to move forward when players are out of Contract.  As you know we stick to the rules and don't approach players who are under contract at other clubs.

26 minutes ago, buford t justice said:

Let's put it this way. The players will know who is running the show. There will be no hiding place. Perform or get your coat. He will bring the best out of the lads we currently have and our style of rugby will once again be entertaining. I think every one of us who were around 16 years ago will openly admit we were gutted when he left. Welcome back Neil. I for one am a very happy man.

Don't understand why the Batley fans think we've made a mistake. Anyone who as played for Neil, will tell you now how good a coach he is. Tactically and his man management. Not 1 rams fan I've spoke to is dissapointed with the appointment so sorry bulldogs ..... Wel be back Batley. May not be this month but in time Neil will get this team playing again and get shut of the dead wood... Who remembers when the 40/20 rule came in and we kicked 7 or 8 in 1 game in the playoff semi v Widnes??? We may go for afew 40/20s again now once the team gets playing to his style. May be a case of back to basics first few month mind and try and find some confidence 

5 minutes ago, christheram said:

Don't understand why the Batley fans think we've made a mistake. Anyone who as played for Neil, will tell you now how good a coach he is. Tactically and his man management. Not 1 rams fan I've spoke to is dissapointed with the appointment so sorry bulldogs ..... Wel be back Batley. May not be this month but in time Neil will get this team playing again and get shut of the dead wood... Who remembers when the 40/20 rule came in and we kicked 7 or 8 in 1 game in the playoff semi v Widnes??? We may go for afew 40/20s again now once the team gets playing to his style. May be a case of back to basics first few month mind and try and find some confidence 

Not all Batley fans! Personally, I don't care!

2 minutes ago, christheram said:

2 then ?

Don't get me wrong, I am interested in terms of how it might influence the outcomes of our matches, but in terms of your coach - not my issue. The only thing l would say is that time out in RU is irrelevant. It certainly did the coach of the current SL leaders no harm!

If Neil can still spot the required player at the right time, as was his forte, then we could be in for some fantastic RL. Players like Paul Evans, Brendan Williams, Brendan O Meara, Richard Agar, Barry Eaton and not forgetting Daniel Frame. We also had some class wingers who could score from anywhere and more to the point got plenty of chances. Mouth watering. 

Such a great choice and so obvious.....

That no one even mentioned his name!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

9 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

Such a great choice and so obvious.....

That no one even mentioned his name!

Maybe some people don't just shout from the rooftops PM.

:buba:

2 hours ago, grumpyoldram said:

Gave us some of our finest moments, so we can hardly be disappointed. My only worry is that, having been out of league for a while, he may not have the contacts to bring in what is required in terms of players to save the day.

That's the stuff Grumpy, start off on a positive note. Give Ned the chance, see what he can do - maybe it is too late to turn the tanker around this season but I'm absolutely sure that we will see a change in attitude from the team, and an improvement in our style of play. We may even start to score some tries, and even concede a lot fewer.

Just don't get too excited when you're driving to the game - those seed cameras are unforgiving.

Archived