dewsbury away

RogerT

Well this is woeful.

Im afraid we can blame the referee all day but we just have no clue with Brambani not playing.

I really am disappointed in the way some of the players have performed today.

Diskin now needs to sort this out and fast because if he doesn't this season is going to be a long and painful one.

Well done Dewsbury. Fantastic performance and thoroughly deserved.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

So, to sum it up:

We lose against a team that has lost the last 8 matches,
we concede 20 points against a team that had scored only 50 points in 8 matches;
and score 4 points against a team that had conceded over 300 points in 8 matches ....

OK Dewsbury have a new coach and are motivated. But any player that is not motivated in a derby match like this should have a long hard look at himself in the mirror. And that's nothing to do with the coach..

Yes I agree.

That was painful to watch today.

Things aren't right at the moment,with the players and the coach seeming to be on a different wavelengths.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

Sad to see so many coming round to my point of view, after all being ready to almost skin me alive for daring to doubt. The season is already heading up the spout, and as for those who think that resting Brambani today in favour of him coming in and ripping London apart on Monday......he needs players around him who look interested. We also need another half back with him; Cain was doing better this season then gets injured,  Walker as I keep saying is no longer the mobile marauding stand-off who used to run us ragged when he played at Dewsbury, Holmes is a hooker pushed into turning his number upside down, although I have stood his corner for inclusion. I did say at recruitment time that we were under strength at halves and AGAIN was shot down in flames. I have made what I consider relevant points on my Good Friday crucifixion topic should anyone be interested!

18 minutes ago, phildog said:

Sad to see so many coming round to my point of view, after all being ready to almost skin me alive for daring to doubt. The season is already heading up the spout, and as for those who think that resting Brambani today in favour of him coming in and ripping London apart on Monday......he needs players around him who look interested. We also need another half back with him; Cain was doing better this season then gets injured,  Walker as I keep saying is no longer the mobile marauding stand-off who used to run us ragged when he played at Dewsbury, Holmes is a hooker pushed into turning his number upside down, although I have stood his corner for inclusion. I did say at recruitment time that we were under strength at halves and AGAIN was shot down in flames. I have made what I consider relevant points on my Good Friday crucifixion topic should anyone be interested!

i do think the rot really began against Bradford.

We seemed to look disinterested and gave up long before the end.

Since then we seem to have struggled both attack wise and defensively and,along with team selection issues,just look lost for long periods of games.

I was prepared to reserve judgement on the 'resting' of players,but after today it's plainly obvious we need all our fit players playing.

I'd be playing brambani,southernwood and Maher on Monday.

Holmes on bench and Davey at hooker.

Walker on bench and drop leak altogether.

Bretherton in for day too.

I have to agree with doggystyle about Leak .All the time spent in the Dewsbury 20 in the second half I'm sure he would have converted into a score at least 

I am a fan of Davey but I think Leaky takes the team forward better and his work rate in defence is not to be questioned.The stats this year and last speak for themselves .He isn't getting enough time in my opinion 

Today was a really bad day at the office and things have to change quickly or the season will get away on us .Thats for the coach to sort out and he needs to get them back to winning ways but they look a shadow of last years team !!

It's up to the Coach and the players to get together and stop these stuttering performances. The Coach can only rotate with the squad he has, and IMO we did not spend enough of last season's booty on quality players to maintain a realistic top 3 challenge and kick on from last season.

Correct Bulldog Days; someone thought that giving players better contracts would make them better players. They'd already broken their barriers to do what they did last season and they weren't backed up by better signings. Manning's had 1 good game, we had enough 2nd rowers without Farrell, the only half decent success we've had is Hallett although a fit Cowling is better IMO.

3 hours ago, phildog said:

Correct Bulldog Days; someone thought that giving players better contracts would make them better players. They'd already broken their barriers to do what they did last season and they weren't backed up by better signings. Manning's had 1 good game, we had enough 2nd rowers without Farrell, the only half decent success we've had is Hallett although a fit Cowling is better IMO.

Thought we gave them better deals because other clubs were interested and offering more than us , so just to keep them we had to give them better contracts ,

IMG_0583.JPG

15 hours ago, Bulldog Days said:

It's up to the Coach and the players to get together and stop these stuttering performances. The Coach can only rotate with the squad he has, and IMO we did not spend enough of last season's booty on quality players to maintain a realistic top 3 challenge and kick on from last season.

But if we had got more players of a better standard, knowing Diskin he would of only dropped those aswel on his ridiculous tinkering of our team

19 minutes ago, billybulldog said:

But if we had got more players of a better standard, knowing Diskin he would of only dropped those aswel on his ridiculous tinkering of our team

What a silly thing to say Billybulldog. "Knowing Diskin".... do you know Diskin?

Just back from my holidays. Did I miss owt?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Just now, Piggy's mate said:

Just back from my holidays. Did I miss owt?

Well your man Alex played a blinder - you should be so proud.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived