monday

ginaldo

London will score 30-40 points with ease.

If our 'systems' don't work i think i shall be picking and choosing my games for the rest of the season.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

It would be useful if Disco came out with a statement explaining the effect of the transition from last year, and how far down the line he is with his current plans, maybe in the form of a Q&A session. It is not good to be isolating the faithful at this stage in the season on the back of some very good and very poor performances, and fronting up and communicating may help the cause.

Ill probably go, if only to boo and jeer.

we have put up with some dross over the years, but ive never known literally the entire fan base be of the same opinion - a walloping as expected on Monday with more strange team selections  could make Diskins job untenable.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

Diskin won't go, nor should he, far too early! However, as l said before the Dewsbury match, his policy of squad rotation only stands on results.It hasn't worked so he needs to reassess his approach. I don't mind a different approach to the type of rugby we are playing, if he has the players to play that way! If we have those players, stick with them. Yesterday, we looked lost, without a method of playing!

Oh and l'll be there too!

It seems to be a trait with the new coaches constantly tinkering with team selections... 

Must have something to do with playing too much rugby league manager on the computer, constantly click,click,click on the tinker mouse,diskin is making the same mistakes as morrison made,too many players to keep happy,squad rotation boolocks, teams bond and become a unit playing week in week out.. Batley were toothless yesterday, not Batley's style at all, taking nothing away from how we played which was a real breath of fresh air.

If it's not broken don't attempt to fix it...or it ends up more broken

And certainly is the case

I'll be there only because I have a season ticket... if I had to pay on the door I would be thinking twice.... we have sacrificed our defence to play this exciting brand of rugby.... and after yesterday's debacle it seems we have neither... we do not have the players to play how he wants us to play especially the centres/wingers so he needs to get back to basics...

al be going for sure as we cant play as bad as we did,theres a good team in their somewere but when we leave out an ace in the deck we were stuffed before setting off, wonder if fev will rest thacks next time we play..

but i dont take nothing away from dewsbury they wanted that badly and even some the players who were bagged for months like hemingway had a decent game to try grab a shirt off ned,

we can go one way from here and without a settled team it not in top 6.

Surely after last year's remarkable performance you all supported the club's efforts and bought season tickets, didn't you?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

47 minutes ago, Phil Stone said:

Fev rested Misi and Hardman against Hull KR. With those 2 in we might just have had enough experience to win, as it is we're like you now, hoping the policy of resting players for one game earns 2 points in the next

i hear what yer saying phil, but to rest a key player who could do 80 all season and relishes it too is plain daft for a derby game, maybe we were spoiled last season but to be given a taste then not try put your top players out dont make sense, am sure we will already have stayaways monday, could be next season when we start to see these improvements in the way we play who knows, just hope it were another blip and we get back to what we can do monday..

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Surely after last year's remarkable performance you all supported the club's efforts and bought season tickets, didn't you?

Is it a necessity? Some support the club by paying into BISSA, some into the hugely successful war chest initiative. Many sponsor players! As is the same at your club l am sure, there are many ways to support our club which does not involve buying a season ticket.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

I didn't buy one as i haven't since 1997 due to i know i can't make it to all the games so a waste of money for myself but go when i can work permitting and like quite a few others pay into BISSA each month, lottery, war chest member and also sponsor a player with other forum members

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

3 hours ago, silverback said:

al be going for sure as we cant play as bad as we did,theres a good team in their somewere but when we leave out an ace in the deck we were stuffed before setting off, wonder if fev will rest thacks next time we play..

but i dont take nothing away from dewsbury they wanted that badly and even some the players who were bagged for months like hemingway had a decent game to try grab a shirt off ned,

we can go one way from here and without a settled team it not in top 6.

I believe you play your best team and if andbodys not playing well you pick some somebody else

21 minutes ago, ginaldo said:

I believe you play your best team and if andbodys not playing well you pick some somebody else

In that case,  who does he pick for Monday? Brambani had a poor game against Rochdale - but people objected to him being rested! I think you pick what you think is the best team for the style of play you want, and then show some faith in them! If they get injured or are exhausted, then make changes! We are not in SL and do not have a big enough squad of equal quality, nor are familiar enough with what MD wants to be able to rest players and expect others to slot in with no drop in quality!

Always play your best team. Kear didn't swap and change that much last year. If a team's winning then those not playing know why they're not playing and are more likely to accept it. Fans can see the benefit sometimes in having a big squad as we've moaned in the past about a key player going down and having to struggle. It works the other way as well when we do have cover yet still play as badly. Yes Dom had a bad game but only as kicker, most things in our comeback still stemmed from him and if he had to be dropped/rested then we had every right to expect the man stepping up to do as well if not better if the squad is as expansive as we're led to believe. So we'll probably end up with DB back on the sheet on Monday but who knows whose neck will be on the block for the Dewsbury debacle. There isn't just one scapegoat for that. Hope Southernwood might be fit and back, letting Walker go back to 13, Rettie's umph back on the outside and as that extra forward carrier. We're getting back to the power at interchange but it's interchanging because something's not working to start with whereas last year it was a power for power exchange, this year it's a change because there hasn't been that first surge of power.

We always win when I'm there!  So a rejuvenated dogs by 10 ?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

7 minutes ago, beestondog said:

Come on guys, we have had worse seasons.

yer, but we aint had players like these for a long time, all self inflicted at the moment, monday will show us what were about again hopefully.we need more passion and lets hit some gaps with pace like we know some a the lads can do. we warm up looking beat,rubbish music to come out to,folks find other things to do and go missing. anyways up the doggies.

Phildog you have a point re Reittie and extra carries. Dewsbury had their wingers coming in grafting whereas ours were rooted to the spot almost. However Reittie has been very poor in defence. Worst than other wingers? I'm not sure. Need to give Mikey Haywood a few square meals too then he might make an impact defensively. 

Archived