Team news? V London

The dogtor

As long as brambani gets a shout, rettie too we've a chance. The day Rowe gets smashed were in bother.

Over the rams disappointment. Just

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Can't see what brambani has given us this year. Can't live on past season's. His directional play has been lacking and kicking has been poor, with rochadale match being a prime example. Rettie is a must, his strength and pace give a good option on the wing. If Rowe picks an injury up, the pack look very light.

Can't see what anyone other than Brambani has given us either! Hard to see what anyone else has given us either, consistently at least, except maybe Scott and Leak. There are multiple disappointments all over. Maybe that is stemming from the way that the players can't settle into a rhythm as they don't know ftom one week to the next who they'll be lining up with or even ifbthey'll be on the sheet. It's almost as if they're having to start the season afresh every game. If a settled team is picked and it starts to win, then as I've said before,  those not getting a game know why and are likely to accept it and can always go out on loan or DR to jerp match fit for when they're needed. It's just the not knowing week to week.

Doctor try more water in your drinks

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

come on guys dont try tell me that rest a team aint trying, been some massive games from some a lads, check mom thred.i think we just look lost at vital times in the games and sommats not right at all in camp, next few games will see if were going backwards cos it sure feels that way at the mo,UP THE DOGGIES.

3 hours ago, phildog said:

Can't see what anyone other than Brambani has given us either! Hard to see what anyone else has given us either, consistently at least, except maybe Scott and Leak. There are multiple disappointments all over. Maybe that is stemming from the way that the players can't settle into a rhythm as they don't know ftom one week to the next who they'll be lining up with or even ifbthey'll be on the sheet. It's almost as if they're having to start the season afresh every game. If a settled team is picked and it starts to win, then as I've said before,  those not getting a game know why and are likely to accept it and can always go out on loan or DR to jerp match fit for when they're needed. It's just the not knowing week to week.

Are you speaking on behalf of yourself or the players there Phil?

Actually, I think there have been some successes so far this season! Our centres have been great in my opinion of course. Our forwards have improved since the opening match of the season, with our second row playing well generally, Manning and Farrell have been standouts for me this season. I think Rowe has had a patchy start to the season and not the cornerstone of our pack at the moment!

While I would play Reittie, he had an utter shocker in Toulouse and is defensively suspect!

Lots of opinions about the team Phil and dogtor, not all agreeing with you! 

Even in the match against Rochdale Brambani was one of the reasons we won. Yes he missed touch a couple of times and missed a couple of kicks that were not easy with the wind blowing in all directions but he contributed to a early try and of course went through the gap for the winning try.

Just to say I watched a recording of the match this afternoon and was generally pleased with his overall performance.

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

Yes Ernie, Dom was a bit of a sitting duck as our coach elected to play with only one half back. Phildog you are correct regarding Scott and Leak, who keep a buzz going even when the chips are down. Provided they are fielded! Resting Scott v Rochdale almost cost us the game. I've outlined Leak's input on more than one occasion. I'd just like a steady ship instead of p##sing about each week with the line up.

1 hour ago, phildog said:

And still, 5 hours before kick off there's still no squad, not even on twitter. The whole job's going teets up.

Back in the old days , you had to wait till you got up to the mount and got your grubby hands on a programme before finding out what the team was and then that was wrong quite a few times, My favourite players were A.N Other, S.O. Else and A. Trialist who always had a cracking game :)

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

No Redditch it used to be in the Batley News on a Thursday and also the "A" team as well, yes sometimes there was a late change, uuuuuur I forgot some of you aren't old enough to remember when the game was run like that.

Ah, the A Team!! Remember us playing Bradford Northern one lousy Saturday afternoon. Peter Fox was in the Northern dug-out and his team, surprisingly, we're getting the runaround. He walked down the tunnel and came and stood with us behind the old home dugout, had a good crack and started cheering for Batley. Granville and Stan could probably remember that!!

53 minutes ago, RogerT said:

No Redditch it used to be in the Batley News on a Thursday and also the "A" team as well, yes sometimes there was a late change, uuuuuur I forgot some of you aren't old enough to remember when the game was run like that.

Unfortunately i was living ova the border in that dark satanic place manchester from age of 11 so never got the Batley News, so for myself it was when i got to the ground, used to get off coach or train and then walking up to Batley from Dewsbury be looking to see if flag was flying which meant game was still on if weather was on the inclement side. The days of been able to see 2 games every week when we had an A team.

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

Funny I'm in the ground and Hallett's playing!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

As I said, misheard. But as YearofTheDog says, MD, the plot has really been lost if ever there was one. Still here's hoping, I watch with bated breath.....

17 minutes ago, phildog said:

Well, team's out, another tinker. Hallett dropped but not replaced by Cowling etc but by Brev who himself admits he's no centre.

Cowling had a very seriots eyebrow split against Oldham. It was horrible that's why Phildog.

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

1 minute ago, The dogtor said:

No place for squires again, what does the lad have to do to get a chance. The team must be so unsettled with the ammount of changes every week

Heard he'd left the club but no official announcement yet??

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

Archived