Challenge cup match thread

Batley Bob

22 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Sadly I expect that only the diehards will turn out for this game and would not be surprised to see a three figure crowd, which would be a disappointment all round.

What can you expect when one of the teams involved makes no mention of the match on its official website. How can they expect spectators to turn up when they show no enthusiasm for the match themselves?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, fredm said:

What can you expect when one of the teams involved makes no mention of the match on its official website. How can they expect spectators to turn up when they show no enthusiasm for the match themselves?

Dont mention website fredm, i got slated for it, imo of course i agree with you 110%

59 minutes ago, bulldogs17 said:

I know BB, like when you saw the team in Manchester on the way back from Toulouse! 

Oh i didnt know you changed you name piggy, i saw them on plane btw on way to manchester aswel as quite a few st helens suppoters too who was on same flight, would you like to check that too bulldogs 17

59 minutes ago, billybulldog said:

Oh i didnt know you changed you name piggy, i saw them on plane btw on way to manchester aswel as quite a few st helens suppoters too who was on same flight, would you like to check that too bulldogs 17

Who needs political debates on TV when we've got you and bulldogs 17??

their maybe trouble ahead..must be a few injured:download:. whos doing kicking , and whens the lad mayer getting another run out as he looks to bust thru tacklers every time and thats what we have lacked now and again besides tom. how many start did we get at betfred..:aggressive:

3 minutes ago, Batley Bob said:

Think Mayer,s been pulled by Cas , as he has a injury and there treating him

cheers,the lad will do well if looked after.so best hes back at cas maybe who knows at the moment,  as we  do seem to be turning great players into uniterested players at the moment for some reason. hope we get back on track sunday/:sclerosis:

With the exception of Walker, it seems to me to be the strongest squad we can put out if it is true that Reittie and Ainscough are injured.

Not expecting too much from Hitchcox as it is early for his return but it is good to see him on the squad!

Apologies to BB! Your post appeared as l was posting - didn't realise that Walker was injured!

Looking back at the Rochdale match didn't Maher have black tape round his facing and nose possibly suggesting he as a broken nose as well.

Correct Cas would pull their lads out so as not to be cup tied, apart from Hitcock who presuming he is in final 17 then he will be cup tied mystified about this. 

1 hour ago, RogerT said:

WOW what's happening it's not sunday morning yet, but I noticed it's the RFL that's released them and not the club.

That will be because it is the Cup. The RFL seems to be slow in releasing squads for Championship and C1 but not SL, so don't expect any improvement by them in the near future.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

I see Doncaster won the 2nd half against the Rhinos........24-20.....

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

From the squad it looks like Hitchcox will play, can't see the failed experiment of Brev at centre and Hallett on wing happening again;

Scott

Hayward

Smeaton

Halle

Hitch Cox

Southernwood 

Brambani

Gledhill

Leak

Rowe

Day

Farrell

Manning

Davey

Lillycrop

Brown 

Chandler/Brev

Picks itself out of that squad. But who else IS fit? Cowling, O'Sullivan,  Hill obviously...they need a game soon. Can't see that squad failing 3 times on the bounce......34-18 to us.

Archived