And this weeks excuse is....

buford t justice

The rumblings of discontent from the last 3 weeks are quickly gaining volume. How long MD has got to put this right is what nobody knows. There are going to be growing numbers who doubt he will be able to do so.

Whatever each fan's thoughts on this are, it is clearly not the start that any of us wanted.

whofull tackling, weres all the big shots gone smeaton chandler and hallet all arm flailing tackles to nothing, others dont even commit to the tackle when in the right area. too much upstairs stuff too and then we do have the ball were lost time and time again.today answered a lot for me and we simply aint up for it no more. some sad days to come now for sure.

13 minutes ago, Dogstew said:

It woz ve players wot woznt  following vere instructions - no doubt again.

is there anybody left who attends and thinks that the coach has any idea what he is doing with these players?

Theres a few which is staggering.

theres loyalty and theres stupidity, then theres Batleys happy clappers!

heard him on the radio, im sure its the same interview they play every week, hes like a stuck record.

blaming players for not doing what he tells them and taking absolutely no accountability himself.

you would think he would revert to plan B by now, he's had 8 momths to get them playing how he wants, its a simple enough game.

utterly clueless. I dread to think how many Halifax and Hull KR will get this next 2 games.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

This season is fast turning into the biggest anticlimax since 2014, when we almost went down after having reached the Grand Final at the end of 2013. Yet again, a failure to sustain momentum. The current farce is even more galling for fans who have suffered through many, many years of underachievement.

Looks we're shuffling back to where we belong either our tails between our legs. 

Buford are happy clappers better or worse than those who mainly turn up for a good #### and moan

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Listening to the radio 

It was like listening to a morrison interview 

Game management 

Players not listening

Not been tough enough 

He's doing his bit,but the players not transferring to the pitch

Oh and batley fan's are really fickle ;)

I added the last bit ;);) 2-0 :)

21 minutes ago, buford t justice said:

Theres a few which is staggering.

theres loyalty and theres stupidity, then theres Batleys happy clappers!

heard him on the radio, im sure its the same interview they play every week, hes like a stuck record.

blaming players for not doing what he tells them and taking absolutely no accountability himself.

you would think he would revert to plan B by now, he's had 8 momths to get them playing how he wants, its a simple enough game.

utterly clueless. I dread to think how many Halifax and Hull KR will get this next 2 games.

Some people are very quick with accusations and the pointing of fingers. What I don't ever see from these people, however, are solutions. What is then your solution? Turn back time to last season? What would it achieve if we got rid of the coach in the middle of the season? Do you have a new one in your pocket that could change everything back to the good old days within a couple of games? I think not. For good or evil we are stuck with Diskin at least until the end of the season.  Then we can draw conclusions.

And if this realisation means that we are happy clappers, then so be it...

6 minutes ago, Supertyke said:

Some people are very quick with accusations and the pointing of fingers. What I don't ever see from these people, however, are solutions. What is then your solution? Turn back time to last season? What would it achieve if we got rid of the coach in the middle of the season? Do you have a new one in your pocket that could change everything back to the good old days within a couple of games? I think not. For good or evil we are stuck with Diskin at least until the end of the season.  Then we can draw conclusions.

Sorry, but the truly alarming downturn in form and performances - coupled with rumours of serious disharmony behind the scenes, is enough to warrant a concern that we might well be dragged into a relegation scrap. I certainly can't see where the next win is coming from.

Our next three games are against Halifax, Hull KR and Oldham - where we lost last season whilst in good form. Three more defeats and wins for those around us will see us in a real fight to stay up. 

11 minutes ago, Supertyke said:

. What is then your solution?

tell the players to ignore what Diskin is telling them......and go back to being a good team........surely the players must know they are going no where under Diskin.......CANT the chairman see it ?........have a word in Diskins Ear Kevin...

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

3 minutes ago, Tony F said:

Sorry, but the truly alarming downturn in form and performances - coupled with rumours of serious disharmony behind the scenes, is enough to warrant a concern that we might well be dragged into a relegation scrap. I certainly can't see where the next win is coming from.

Our next three games are against Halifax, Hull KR and Oldham - where we lost last season whilst in good form. Three more defeats and wins for those around us will see us in a real fight to stay up. 

I appreciate your concern. It still doesn't answer my question though, does it? What exactly is your plan if you replace Diskin?

And if that happens we will be there on the terraces urging our boys on

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

21 minutes ago, Supertyke said:

I suppose some could say that they didn't feel Diskin was the right appointment in the first place. Can you imagine the outcry if they had said that at the time? 

3 minutes ago, Supertyke said:

I appreciate your concern. It still doesn't answer my question though, does it? What exactly is your plan if you replace Diskin?

Well, if I was either a Chairman or a Chief Executive, I'd be using my network of contacts and knowledge of the game to identify a suitable replacement. Other clubs manage to do it - Dewsbury, for example. Alternatively, those in charge could just allow the slump to continue and not make any effort to change things before it's too late? Is that what you would recommend?

Don't hold your breath. We don't sack coaches remember. Nor should we after such a short time

16 minutes ago, Tony F said:

Well, if I was either a Chairman or a Chief Executive, I'd be using my network of contacts and knowledge of the game to identify a suitable replacement. Other clubs manage to do it - Dewsbury, for example. Alternatively, those in charge could just allow the slump to continue and not make any effort to change things before it's too late? Is that what you would recommend?

Well, if I was Chairman I would be nearer to the players and the coach than certain supporters on the forum. And I think I would know what I was doing. Kevin has a had good track record with coaches over the last few years, so I think we should have a little more trust in his judgement.

Dewsbury had reached the point where anything was better than doing nothing, a point we haven't reched by far I think...

17 minutes ago, redditchbulldog said:

and how much would it cost as well since he is on a 3 yr contract?

Kevin does not do contracts....just handshakes.....

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

3 minutes ago, Supertyke said:

Well, if I was Chairman I would be nearer to the players and the coach than certain supporters on the forum. And I think I would know what I was doing. Kevin has a had good track record with coaches over the last few years, so I think we should have a little more trust in his judgement.

Dewsbury had reached the point where anything was better than doing nothing, a point we haven't reched by far I think...

OK, let's agree to disagree and revisit this topic in 5 games time. If we have 2 points more than our current total by that stage, we'll have exceeded my expectations. 

Like a lot of people I am really concerned as to what has happened/happening.  It seems to me that 1 person is trying to change 25 + people  which in itself is ok but not in such a short time. I'll give the benefit of doubt  to inexperience BUT at the cost of demolishing structures that the players are used to. Listening to the interviews on radio leeds it did sound like Matt Diskin has a problem accepting the current methods are not his problem it's the players.  Sorry but I disagree. He is implementing them without appreciating what he inherited. That is a structured team who had tried n tested methods. Surely bring change in gradually ,not from day 1  . Also as an aside....Neil Kelly said he had rung the RFL and advised them he was struggling to raise a team. 

Having said that I will like most on here continue to support the Gallant Youths as we have been here before and will be again. 

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

6 minutes ago, Supertyke said:

keep clapping.......it will be OK.......

hope so I'm off to Blackpool.....

Archived