Today's game

DEANO

Where do I start!!!

firstly I'd like to say what a big strong powerful team barrow are. Very good support play too. They should have had no need for any help from the man in the middle. But they got plenty of it. 

To chalk hayneses try off was diabolical and then to allow them to go the other end and score off a mile forward was unreal. Best was still to come though as the game was already won he and his touch judge allowed a forward pass that was so far forward it was into next week !!!

dont get me started on the man in the sunglasses!!!!

well done York. You should have and deserved better.

rant over

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

Good effort today ,yes barrow are big and powerfull but we're not far off the mark 

York had 6 first choice players missing today while the visitors only had dallimore missing ,so perhaps this tells a story 

Good luck to the raiders in the next round.

First game of the season for me, so a few observations. York played extremely well considering the best efforts of the officials to spoil their game plan.and didn't deserve to concede 50 points. York seem lightweight in the pack which tired them out and allowed Barrow to gain the upper hand. Need some experience in at 6 and/or 7 as there was a lack of game control at crucial times. Still it was an excellent effort from 1 - 17 undone by the match officials.  

Agree with the previous posters, on a positive Barrow are considered one of the top teams in the division and I feel we are not far off the mark.

Great to see a 900 plus crowd also, the good times are not far away!

Up to the 60 minute this was a great game of Rugby, then the man in the middle thought that we were in with a chance of winning the game and decided to disallow a perfectly good try by Haynes for obstruction laugh out loud, but the next attack by Barrow saw a blatant obstruction and a forward pass,but still awarded the try.And the next set Barrow go down our right hand side and finish with a forward pass which resulted in a try for Barrow and ended the contest. On a positive great team performance today and deserved so much better, and I Hope those at the RFL sit this referee down with his assistants and Fordy to explain why he made the decisions in the game. Be interested what Barrow thought of the referee today?

York played well. They made Barrows defence look very ordinary at times. They are the first team to do that this season.

I can only remember one bad tackle,  a York player went high and the referee never said a word. York went down to 12 men when your No 7 lost his head and Barrow made hay. As for the "forward" passes all I can say is the officials were a lot nearer the action as they happened on the far side from the crowd and Barrow had one chalked off too. Having said that I did think Barrow did have a bit of luck and I will take that as it doesnt happen too often.

Were Barrow 22 points better than York? No...but I do think they were a bit better.

Ford can take that to spur his team on. The cup is a distractionn with the only benefit being a chance to top up the coffers.

Considering the upheavels of the past few months I predict that the good times are not too far off for York.

A good crowd too swelled by 3 coach loads plus car and train which probably added 200+ to the crowd.

AND for what its worth you have the best meat and potato pies I have had all season. The good news is I will be able to partake of them at your next home game on 14 May!.... So good luck for every game (except that one) for the rest of the season.

You wont go far wrong with an ex Coventry Bear at your helm!

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

58 minutes ago, benji27 said:

Barrow have Dallimore-Ashall-Carter-Dawson-Holmes-Morrow-Fleming all out at the moment

But they had J McMullen, Geffory Poumes, M Rossleigh, P Stockman, and R Snelson.

2 hours ago, GaryHall said:

But they had J McMullen, Geffory Poumes, M Rossleigh, P Stockman, and R Snelson.

Referee was brilliant today , let the game flow , got all the big decisions correct and made for an excellent cup tie. Barrow where good for the win but at 28-20 got out of jail.... 

Haynes try was ruled out for one of York's players making contact in the line and knocking over a barrow defender ( although he made the most of it) you just cant do that in front of the ref, especially when there was no need.

There was no obstruction when Hulme made the break, he didn't run around anyone and the pass was spot on looking at the markings and didn't he know it !!!

As for the passes on the far side of the pitch !!! well you need really good eyes from the stands to be able to comment.Apart from Creswells 4th which was a mile forward of the centre. If you get chance to watch the video back you will see how good the ref was today, they get enough stick when they are bad but today wasn't one of them days and made for a really entertaining cup tie. If York  can step it up in defence then they will be really competitive. 

9 hours ago, wonderofwood said:

Referee was brilliant today , let the game flow , got all the big decisions correct and made for an excellent cup tie. Barrow where good for the win but at 28-20 got out of jail.... 

Haynes try was ruled out for one of York's players making contact in the line and knocking over a barrow defender ( although he made the most of it) you just cant do that in front of the ref, especially when there was no need.

There was no obstruction when Hulme made the break, he didn't run around anyone and the pass was spot on looking at the markings and didn't he know it !!!

As for the passes on the far side of the pitch !!! well you need really good eyes from the stands to be able to comment.Apart from Creswells 4th which was a mile forward of the centre. If you get chance to watch the video back you will see how good the ref was today, they get enough stick when they are bad but today wasn't one of them days and made for a really entertaining cup tie. If York  can step it up in defence then they will be really competitive. 

Lol

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

Up to the 60 minute this was a great game of Rugby, then the man in the middle thought that we were in with a chance of winning the game and decided to disallow a perfectly good try by Haynes for obstruction laugh out loud, but the next attack by Barrow saw a blatant obstruction and a forward pass,but still awarded the try.And the next set Barrow go down our right hand side and finish with a forward pass which resulted in a try for Barrow and ended the contest. On a positive great team performance today and deserved so much better, and I Hope those at the RFL sit this referee down with his assistants and Fordy to explain why he made the decisions in the game. Be interested what Barrow thought of the referee today?

3 hours ago, paul said:

Obviously wonderofwood has  had to much pop?

Wonderofwood has watched the video and after 60minutes a York player ran straight into a Barrow defender in the line and denied York what would have been a perfectly executed try... however its best to blame the man in the middle who was stood 3 foot from the player. Was it a bit pedantic - YES ,  was he right YES. Iv'e seen some poor refereeing performances in the lower leagues over the years this was not one of them and for what its worth I though York deserved a lot better and where never 22 points worse than Barrow.

9 hours ago, Christoff1986 said:

Hi guys,

Here's my latest blog on my #RoadToWembley in the Challenge Cup.

http://cdpark86.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/road-to-wembley-round-five.html

I know it wasn't the result you were hoping for but please read and enjoy.

Christoff!

Well written I'll give you that and a decent competitive 60mins game  BUT it lacks some crucial detail in places, like the reason our scrum half decides to 'throw one', there was a clear reason yet you just decide to omit it, oh and the ridiculous decisions that gifted the game your way, oh hang on a minute Wonderof wood will be on claiming best ref in the league any minute now! Never mind losing fairly and squarely but that was a shocker. 

andypk.gif

Archived