Rowley to Saints

4 hours ago, Saint 1 said:

Can't see it happening. Too big a risk and not the best coaching CV. I'd rather get someone from Australia 

Give over Saint, that was the trend once, to many donkeys have made the journey in the last few years, 2 Aussies plying their trade in SL at the moment both in the bottom 4.

Not that I am saying Rowley is the right man, but he would bring an expansive game.

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

24 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Kill two birds with one stone.

Give the Saints gig to Schoey!

Or you could tell the Giants' coach he has basically got the job, and tell one of his namesakes likewise.  Then, out of the blue, appoint an experienced Aussie player from Catalans.  That way, you kill two Stones with one Bird!

2 hours ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

Or you could tell the Giants' coach he has basically got the job, and tell one of his namesakes likewise.  Then, out of the blue, appoint an experienced Aussie player from Catalans.  That way, you kill two Stones with one Bird!

Hurray!

8 hours ago, bobbruce said:

I can't see that but you never know. My money would be on Fairleigh but we'll see. 

From a mate  down under last week......

."I'm at Dragons vs Cowboys, just spoke to the Cowboys football manager asked him if he's heard about Fairleigh going to saints. He says it hasn't been mentioned but if he got the job and wanted to go they would let him, but he thinks with his family here and daughter in high school he might not want to go to England yet."

So maybe maybe not ....

Any good young coaches in England that immediately spring to mind? A Championship coach in the ilk of Powell?

Coaches as well as players should have pathways to the best roles, i dont want to see another Aussie come over, i'm bored of it.

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

1 hour ago, roughyedspud said:

The walker brothers,Ben & Shane, would be a good shout,widely regarded as the best coaching duo outside of the NRL and it's only a matter of time before they get their chance

Doubt it. For them, the sun ain't going to shine any more.

2 hours ago, roughyedspud said:

The walker brothers,Ben & Shane, would be a good shout,widely regarded as the best coaching duo outside of the NRL and it's only a matter of time before they get their chance

Plus they'd be great for the after match sing song. 

17 hours ago, Damien said:

Did it not say on Sky last week that McManus had gone to Australia to speak to someone?

Apparently Mike Rush was spotted in Coogee. McManus was quite coy when interviewed by Dave Woods but said the club would have an idea on the next coach in 2-3 weeks even though it may not be made public.

IMO, Jason Demetriou is the best coach in Australia that isn't coaching in NRL currently. Has great pedigree working under both Bennett and Green and has won both the Qld & NSW Cups in successive years with different clubs. Was also NQ assistant when they won the league.

Jason has spent a long time in England and would be a great target for any SL club. However he is probably next cab off the rank for an NRL coaching gig so he may stick around to see if that yields fruit.

Saints have a shortlist and neither Rowley or Mcbanana are on it.

The 2 names heading the list are David Fairleigh (Cowboys assistant) and Justin Holbrook (Roosters assistant).

Appointment to be made in the next few weeks.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

Archived