Oldham Predictions

ram1999k

Obviously the sixth round draw will be on everyone's mind today however time to focus on this weekends league match, a do or die game in my eyes. Win and survival in the championship is very much possible; lose and I for one am sure we will be relegated unfortunately!

Guzdeck

Morton

Glover

Ar Brown

Potts

Fairhurst 

Kain

Stringer 

Hemingway 

Sheriffe 

Walshaw

L Adamson

Douglas 

Interchanges: Ward, Tonks, Teanby, Daniel.

FT: Dewsbury Rams 18 - 10 Oldham

FTS: Glover

Att: 860

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, ram1999k said:

Obviously the sixth round draw will be on everyone's mind today however time to focus on this weekends league match, a do or die game in my eyes. Win and survival in the championship is very much possible; lose and I for one am sure we will be relegated unfortunately!

Guzdeck

Morton

Glover

Ar Brown

Potts

Fairhurst 

Kain

Stringer 

Hemingway 

Sheriffe 

Walshaw

L Adamson

Douglas 

Interchanges: Ward, Tonks, Teanby, Daniel.

FT: Dewsbury Rams 18 - 10 Oldham

FTS: Glover

Att: 860

Are all of these players fit enough to play?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Just now, Blind side johnny said:

Are all of these players fit enough to play?

Like most I'm struggling to keep up with the injuries BSJ, I'm just going by best guess now :)) -- sure Neil will be doing having to do the same :///

To say this is "a must win game" is the biggest understatement since the black death was simple put down to "its just a cold and you'll be reight in the morning "

Hoping and praying for a victory.. And this is one of those big steps to getting out of the doo doo

Will settle for ram's by 1

Biggest game in years by far I reckon Sunday, absolutely massive if we're to survive.

Us as fans need to get behind Neil and boys be loud be proud, let's encourage the boys to victory.

Rams 30 Oldham 18

Att 880

FTS Guzdek

Guzdek

Morton

Sykes

Squires (signed for us by all accounts)

Alex Brown

Glover

Kain

Stringer

Ward

Teanby

Walshaw

Douglas

Aaron Brown

Subs

Day

Igbinedion

L Adamson

T Adamson (back fit by all accounts)

24 minutes ago, JimbobRam said:

Biggest game in years by far I reckon Sunday, absolutely massive if we're to survive.

Us as fans need to get behind Neil and boys be loud be proud, let's encourage the boys to victory.

Rams 30 Oldham 18

Att 880

FTS Guzdek

Guzdek

Morton

Sykes

Squires (signed for us by all accounts)

Alex Brown

Glover

Kain

Stringer

Ward

Teanby

Walshaw

Douglas

Aaron Brown

Subs

Day

Igbinedion

L Adamson

T Adamson (back fit by all accounts)

Glover ain't the answer at 6.  

17 minutes ago, christheram said:

Reckon Kelly will go with this team....Guzdek, Morton, Glover, Squires, Alex Brown, Sykes, Kain, Stringer, Hemingway,  Douglas, Walshaw, Luke Adamson, Arron Brown... Subs Ward/Day, Dan Iggy , Teanby, Toby Adamson

Personally I think the Adamsons, along with a few others were major contributors to the abject performances of the last couple of seasons. and I'd release them as soon as the injury crisis is over. Not really sure they want to be with us TBH.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

6 minutes ago, grumpyoldram said:

Personally I think the Adamsons, along with a few others were major contributors to the abject performances of the last couple of seasons. and I'd release them as soon as the injury crisis is over. Not really sure they want to be with us TBH.

Well I'm a little biased but disagree. Toby Adamson was one of our better performers last year until his serious injury curtailed his season, and this year he was looking useful again until he got injured once more. Luke was a bit of a penalty machine last year but also one of our more progressive forwards with the ball. This season he has played in only two games due to injury and in the last one he was MoM.

Given their combined injury records then i don't see how they can have been such "major contributors" as you say.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

3 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Well I'm a little biased but disagree. Toby Adamson was one of our better performers last year until his serious injury curtailed his season, and this year he was looking useful again until he got injured once more. Luke was a bit of a penalty machine last year but also one of our more progressive forwards with the ball. This season he has played in only two games due to injury and in the last one he was MoM.

Given their combined injury records then i don't see how they can have been such "major contributors" as you say.

Well that's the problem with personal opinions - they seldom  agree. I'd  point out though, that MOM awards,do not always reflect the opinions of the fans. The Adamsons came highly rated, but haven't kicked on IMO -  of course they weren't the only ones were they, otherwise we might still have an Aussie coach.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

11 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

The Adamson's are quality players, shame about their injuries. 

I do hope so - they'll need to be.

George Bernard Shaw.

2 hours ago, Yed17 said:

Should be a good game, looks like your lads have turned a corner. Looking forward to another visit to sunny Dewsbury. ;)

Turning the corner mate, still along way to go before we've turned it but bit by bit we seem to be gradually improving. Big game for us Sunday, it's a must win .

What does seem to be happening and I'm sure everyone will be happy with is I get the impression we won't be using dual reg under Ned. PD deffo doesn't agree with dual reg and I get the impression Ned isn't keen on it too. Expecting 2 or 3 new signings over the coming weeks from what he's said in the RL express. Afew players returning from injury too.

I don't know that you are right Chris. Ned will be pragmatic in the first instance using whatever resources are available whilst we continue to suffer from injured absentees. Maybe if he had a full(ish) squad available then he might be happy to work with that, and the team bonding that might ensue.

We shouldn't expect any miraculous signings though, more likely a couple of gap-fillers.

Back to the topic though: we had a comfortable home win over Oldham last season, as did they at their place. I suspect that these roles may be repeated so will forecast:

Rams 26 - 16 Roughyeads

Att: 785

FTS: Teanby

MoM: Fairhurst

I wouldn't have a clue as to which player is coming back from injury, except Toby Adamson and he told us at the Sheffield game that he was ready to go again, or who the signings might be.  Some on here though, have their insider sources (with others simply speculating).

Dewsbury 25-18 Oldham (big score that, for us)

FTS: Sykes

MoM: Teanby

Att: 686

Legs, Dews, Legs.

23 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

I wouldn't have a clue as to which player is coming back from injury, except Toby Adamson and he told us at the Sheffield game that he was ready to go again, or who the signings might be.  Some on here though, have their insider sources (with others simply speculating).

Dewsbury 25-18 Oldham (big score that, for us)

FTS: Sykes

MoM: Teanby

Att: 686

Maybe Spicer and Alex Brown are fit again?

29 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

Heard Alex Brown was dropped for being late for Sheffield game?

we are now in the last chance saloon with the next two home games i think.

Don't know the situation with alex but i would have played him against sheff. 

What is the situation with donald k. or is that been swept under the carpet.Anybody know?

Archived