Fax v Batley Match Thread

Batley Bob

O

27 minutes ago, redditchbulldog said:

18199324_1483988365007146_85326759699118

Only one winger in the nineteen Reditch . Think we will see Halett on the wing with Cowling hopefully tightening the defence in the centres. Davey continues to disappoint and no surprise to see him omitted. Some extra punch needed in the front row this weekend Brown, Gledhill, and especially Rowe need to step it up. Lillycrop has for mine been our one outstanding front rower and already a contender for player of the year. How we need a true Bulldog performance. or our fast fading top four hopes could deteriorate into a lower half dogfight.   

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's Happened to James Harrison ..... forum sponsored .....is he injured....?

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

Harrison injured, read it on Facebook group. Delighted to have Cowling back to boost our defence. Hallett and Hayward have both been lacking that effective tackle but a shortage in backs meant one had to make the squad. With Squires playing wing in all our friendlies, the timing of his release was bizarre, but I understand why the player wanted out. If we can play with some pride I will be happy, the win would be a bonus. Sorry to sound defeatist.

A quick poll set up on the Bulldogstalk website shows that out of 24 voters an alarming 83% (20 voters) think that we will get beaten by Halifax tomorrow.

If you agree or disagree with this you can help us get a more representative result by voting yourself.

http://www.bulldogstalk.net/halifax-v-batley/

Underneath this poll you are able to comment on why you voted as you did,
(for the comment feature just a quick registration via Facebook or Twitter etc. is needed)

Look forward to your thoughts...

10 hours ago, greavesy said:

O

. How we need a true Bulldog performance. or our fast fading top four hopes could deteriorate into a lower half dogfight.   

If Huddersfield can go to Headingley and stuff Leeds after the season they have been having who is to say we cannot do the same at Halifax ?

All things are possible but if we lose again I fear we will be destined to a season of badly wasted opportunity . This game on Sunday is the defining point of our season .

3 minutes ago, nineoil said:

If Huddersfield can go to Headingley and stuff Leeds after the season they have been having who is to say we cannot do the same at Halifax ?

All things are possible but if we lose again I fear we will be destined to a season of badly wasted opportunity . This game on Sunday is the defining point of our season .

I think we might be making Halifax stronger than they are. Yes, they have won their last four games, but these were against Dewsbury, Swinton, Oldham and Bradford, i.e. the bottom 4, so they're not exactly storming the table.

3 minutes ago, Supertyke said:

I think we might be making Halifax stronger than they are. Yes, they have won their last four games, but these were against Dewsbury, Swinton, Oldham and Bradford, i.e. the bottom 4, so they're not exactly storming the table.

Could we have won those 4'tho 

IMG_0583.JPG

2 minutes ago, Batley Bob said:

Could we have won those 4'tho 

We've beaten Oldham and Swinton already...

I know what you're getting at Bob, at the moment any victory is hard earned. But still, we shouldn't be talking about Halifax as if they were the form team in the Championships, as some people seem to be doing.

1 hour ago, doggystyle said:

Harrison injured, read it on Facebook group. Delighted to have Cowling back to boost our defence. Hallett and Hayward have both been lacking that effective tackle but a shortage in backs meant one had to make the squad. With Squires playing wing in all our friendlies, the timing of his release was bizarre, but I understand why the player wanted out. If we can play with some pride I will be happy, the win would be a bonus. Sorry to sound defeatist.

Singling out two players for overall defensive failiure is harsh. The team have suffered with two sin bins in the last matches due to awful discipline  (back chatting & not giving up the ball) both at crutial times in the game. I haven't seen either player being singled out for leaving their team mates short. I'm sure over the last few games, those names could be swapped with many others in the team. The defence allround is shocking. Going the other way, there's plenty not performing in attack. Same bad calls and awful passing. Yet the mentioned hallett in particular has started to run in the tries.

25 minutes ago, The dogtor said:

Singling out two players for overall defensive failiure is harsh. The team have suffered with two sin bins in the last matches due to awful discipline  (back chatting & not giving up the ball) both at crutial times in the game. I haven't seen either player being singled out for leaving their team mates short. I'm sure over the last few games, those names could be swapped with many others in the team. The defence allround is shocking. Going the other way, there's plenty not performing in attack. Same bad calls and awful passing. Yet the mentioned hallett in particular has started to run in the tries.

A bit like last season with Brown and Ulugia both scored tries but leaked just as many. The 1st half of the middle 8,s play off against Huddersfield springs to mind. I think it is fair to say Halletts defence has been poor but as you say the whole team has to take a collective responsibility for our wafer thin defence. As for the wrestling ??.

2 hours ago, Supertyke said:

Dewsbury beat us twice already and bradford hammered us, sorry but not confident at all. Imo of course

2 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Batley normally raise their game for this tie so Im sure we will be under no illusions that this will be a one sided affair. Im sure the 5 ex Fax lads will want to put one over their old team.

how do you mean raise their game you havnt been a  super league team for years ,get over it

Cowling and Hitchcox get us home lads

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

7 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Eh?

Ginaldo wants to know why you think Batley would want to raise their game when we play Halifax.....

we cant even raise our game for a Derby game....

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

Perfectly entitled to my opinion Dogtor. From the sounds of it 9'Oller is thinking a long the same lines as me in his comment about Cowling and Hitchcox. We have missed the big hits Cowling puts in, let's hope he hasn't submitted to this wrestling ######.

Good to see Cowling fit, he always tackles well ( that's just beggered him then!). Must give Trae a run, nothing to lose, he'll be full of hope and effort. Bad news for us regarding wing shortage and yes I mentioned Squires having played there in the friendlies weeks ago when one wing and then another started biting the dust, could have had a chance then. The coach must have realised by now that tackling not wrestling brings players to a stop and hopefully he'll have taken a few steps back to our tackling performances last season. If we can knock Fax down and restrict their chances then we at least have an od chance at their end. Brambani hopefully will have seen Brough's great variation in kicking in open play on Thursday and try something new and exciting, either that or somebody give Henry Oulton his phone number!! Keep it tight and simple and we're in the game, keep trying to play a game that's alien to us and we're not.

18 hours ago, RPH said:

Ginaldo wants to know why you think Batley would want to raise their game when we play Halifax.....

we cant even raise our game for a Derby game....

In the way that the games are usually quite close affairs and there's never much in them. They usually have the added spice that Batley always seem to end up with Fax players that were released as they were deemed not to be good enough. This year is a little different with our players wanting to put one over on Manu.

2 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

In the way that the games are usually quite close affairs and there's never much in them. They usually have the added spice that Batley always seem to end up with Fax players that were released as they were deemed not to be good enough. This year is a little different with our players wanting to put one over on Manu.

I like the way that your ex Batley players always raise their games against us! It usually makes for a competitive fixture for us!

Archived