The good,the bad and......

I only witnessed the Good Friday fiasco but can honestly say Dewsbury are poor. Nowhere near the dire rugby offered up by Batley,  but they did the basics to get the win. Watch for Stringer and Tonks dishing it out but also both milking for penalties. Our defence is shocking of late and Dewsbury, like other clubs, capitalised on this. You don't have much to fear.

1 hour ago, doggystyle said:

I only witnessed the Good Friday fiasco but can honestly say Dewsbury are poor. Nowhere near the dire rugby offered up by Batley,  but they did the basics to get the win. Watch for Stringer and Tonks dishing it out but also both milking for penalties. Our defence is shocking of late and Dewsbury, like other clubs, capitalised on this. You don't have much to fear.

Famous last words ;)

Halifax will score 30-40 points with ease.

No team morale.

The players have looked decidedly uninterested these last 3-4 weeks.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

their will be plenty of 40/20s, lots a one on one decent shots from the big lads,gang tackles without all the wrestling nonsense,few high bombs to test a few players in the air, some great tackles out wide to fire players into touch, lot of flair and gaps been hit at speed and scoots galore all over the park, and even a few angled grubbers on the last to test a few even more when their puffing and blowing, so at least 48 points, trouble is we will be read like a book and score 14.:download: grass cutting time.

yep Half Man half Grapefruit is a Oldham fan wanting to know how Dewsbury are playing these days.....

1...Batley are not playing well at all.....we would definitely not put that 50 past you these days....so its hard to gauge.....

our defence has gone AWOL.....and we are now clueless in attack....passing along the line for the sake of it....no probing...

2...Dewsbury.....their squad has not changed much .....but they are fired up.....defensively better....it depends whether Oldham can match their enthusiasm......

3.......Dewsbury usually raise their game against Batley.....ITS THEIR CUP FINAL these days.....you are not Batley....

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

hope squires does ok for you guys,hes had some great games for us and shown a few times what he can do, just not had chance this time enough for us ,dident someone mention his dad played for you guys.?

and am sure everyone will now be playing for a shirt incase any new lads come in so might be hard for a few,we might pass  you on the up:superman:

2 minutes ago, Tony F said:

I really fear for us on Sunday. Ben Johnston will have an absolute field day against us from full-back. I wouldn't be at all surprised if go for 50+ on that big pitch at The Shay. 

i remember the 72 put up as years back..to be fair am really hoping that a few things will a changed for sunday,get back to a few basic things and put something on in their 20.we have players that can hit gaps at pace and score, those in charge must know were been nailed all over the park and our players are better than whats been shown, hell kaineys looked crocked for months but even he were scooting thru gaps last week and making things happen cos the lad wants a shirt. we know their fit enough thats fer sure its like we have lost basics out the game cos 3 or 4 cant read whats going on and it effects the whole team. might just surprise us sunday night.

2 hours ago, doggystyle said:

Guys, he's asking how we would rate Dewsbury when his team (Oldham) face them. Nothing to do with us heading to Fax. 

our attempts to tell them ( now 3 of them ) ....that they are talking the wrong match ......are falling on deaf ears...........:girlwerewolf:

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

11 hours ago, RPH said:

our attempts to tell them ( now 3 of them ) ....that they are talking the wrong match ......are falling on deaf ears...........:girlwerewolf:

To be fair to the confused, the original post can mean two things equally.

Wouldn't have hurt to make it less ambiguous "I'm an Oldham fan and we've got Dewsbury next. What are we up against?"

Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

1 hour ago, PKK said:

To be fair to the confused, the original post can mean two things equally.

Wouldn't have hurt to make it less ambiguous "I'm an Oldham fan and we've got Dewsbury next. What are we up against?"

I'll answer you in a unbiased way.

We're playing much better since Neil Kelly took over but not getting carried away as we are still pretty poor imo, players coming back from injury and 1 or 2 new recruits might just raise our game,who knows.

I think this game will be close,4/6 points either way,see you Sunday.

13 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

I'll answer you in a unbiased way.

We're playing much better since Neil Kelly took over but not getting carried away as we are still pretty poor imo, players coming back from injury and 1 or 2 new recruits might just raise our game,who knows.

I think this game will be close,4/6 points either way,see you Sunday.

Cheers Graham.We're very inconsistent recently,so I wouldn't like to say which way it will go.

6 hours ago, Half man half grapefruit said:

We're very inconsistent recently,so I wouldn't like to say which way it will go.

your match might be close and decided on penalties and conversions.....hope Leatherbarrow takes his kicking boots...

in the league match when we lost up at the teabag....they kicked 8 points from our penalties.....I don't think we tried to kick any of our penalties.....we tapped and ran everything into their brick wall....

Leatherbarrow had his kicking boots on against Leeds, sorry I mean Bradford and their 'accessories'. I've a lot of time for Scott. Good luck to the Roughyeds against our local rivals (not that we've really given them a game lately).

Archived