Round 9 Match Thread NRL 2017

Greetings all, have gone for Broncos but realistically if my tip for Premiers,  Penrith want to be Premiers they really have to win to-day.

With Kahu's return dropped Oates from fantasy team

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Just now, Graham said:

Morning Irish Saint and all.

Oates has surprised me as he was a consistently top scorer most of last season on SC. Doesn't seem to have reached those heights so far.

Dropped him eh?

You know what that'll mean then? ?

I persevered with him and last week got me 109, but most weeks its been in the teens or twenties.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

I can't Graham. That decision is ridiculous.

Up, up Cronulla; The boys in the black, white and blue; Up, up Cronulla; Name of the Sharks fits you; Sharks, Sharks forever; Go out and play without fear; Now's the time to see good football*; For the Sharks are here!

* Subject to change

Currently playing: Gorbachev: The Fall of Communism & Swing States 2012

at least it confirms that in the land of the NRL, dropped ball = knock-on*

* although it may vary depending on the team and position on the field.

Up, up Cronulla; The boys in the black, white and blue; Up, up Cronulla; Name of the Sharks fits you; Sharks, Sharks forever; Go out and play without fear; Now's the time to see good football*; For the Sharks are here!

* Subject to change

1 minute ago, Graham said:

Merrin looks bulkier this season

I think the word you're looking for is... fat.

* Subject to change

9 minutes ago, Graham said:

No try said bunker.

Saying lost ball but ball went backwards so why not a try?

Panthers miss out on a try there.

Anybody explain that?

As I said last week Broncos seem to get more favourable decisions than any other team.

Of course not having seen this "try" I can't possibly comment but probably will later to-night.

Archived