London

Stevos Barber

2 hours ago, roughyed34 said:

We are going down for the weekend pal, staying in Ealing. So we will be in the Wetherspoons there before heading over to the ground on Sunday.Drop us a message,the Michael Balcon its called.

Turns out I'm there and back on the day now.  I'll head for the Michael Bolton when I arrive.

My use of Michael Bolton was quite deliberate. :)

There's a pub here in Leeds called the Cuthbert Broderick (he built the town hall and other stuff).  When I was involved in the politics of the city, I managed to persuade city councillors to refer to it as the Matthew Broderick.  

Makes me laugh anyway :)

My closest game but I'm on nights Sunday and the timings for leaving the match and getting to work are too tight.  Oh well.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

I watched Swinton's highlights and they kept the game tight and really gave London a game. What's the difference with our game plan and why did we ship 70 plus points? I didn't expect a result there but was hoping to keep the score modest. 

I expect the full time teams to improve as the season moves on due to their daily training and conditioning but that doesn't explain why we have again failed to turn up away from home. I don't accept that the team that we nearly beat at Bower Fold have improved that much. I am at a loss to explain it. Fortunately the league is beginning to take shape and we are still ahead of Rochdale Swinton Dewsbury and Bradford but there are some big games coming up and the team needs to turn up as most of those games are away from BF.

1 hour ago, roughyed1064 said:

absolute disgrace, waiting for the excuses from some on here, [they are full time ]  just not good enough in this league.

Still waiting for your response after our great comeback last week after slamming the team on here at half time......

And before I get criticised by certain individuals, today's result was a very poor one indeed and difficult to take for fans like me who attend most games (admittedly I didn't go today). We pick ourselves up and we carry on. We support the club, good times and bad. We enjoy great wins and like any other supporter of any other club we carry on supporting through the bad times. We are not super league material and won't be for probably many years to come. Some folk just don't/won't accept it 

Couldn't believe what I was reading on teletext. I thought it would be tough but a score like that I wouldn't have expected in a million years. As Shaw said our league position hasn't got any worse but we really need to pull our socks up.I didn't go down to watch the game so can't comment on how it actually looked but it didn't read well.

I know we're better than this. I'm pretty sure it's one of  mental attitude. I think there must be a list of 'must wins' in the teams minds. Whether there's a physical list up I don't know.  And there's a similar list of 'not going to wins' and this , tolouse and HullKR are in that list. I think we need a sports psychologist to say 'you know what lads, you can win this'. And then if we lose, it won't be by as many. Swinton winning hasn't done us any favours either..

o.f  I agree with s.l last week is history this display needs a serious case of looking at. to let in 14 tries is nothing short of a disaster no excuses please it would be a insult to my intelligence.

Archived