Town v South Wales

Supporter

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, town4me said:

I always thought the whole TWP thing was a farce and IMO will not work long term.

How are they a farce,as for not lasting long,what are you basing that assumption on ?

this is a semi pro league with local amatuer lads getting signed for showing a bit of skill and talent , normal working lads from west or south cumbrian estates and towns and villages . many have made small errors of judgment , be it in drink and a scrap or a driving offence etc , minor crime and fighting (possibly under provocation ) which some will have grown out of . no Its not toronto's fault but it is still a ###### farce .

Last couple of weeks we've played teams who'd struggle in an amateur league , and many other teams are much of a muchness struggling to get by . You can start off at the bottom , but if you're distorting the league so much by ridiculous levels of superiority in all aspects then the farce is them being in it to begin with . 

12 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Last couple of weeks we've played teams who'd struggle in an amateur league , and many other teams are much of a muchness struggling to get by . You can start off at the bottom , but if you're distorting the league so much by ridiculous levels of superiority in all aspects then the farce is them being in it to begin with . 

Yeah but how many on these forums would have been up in arms if Toronto had been parachuted straight into the  Championship ?

1 hour ago, Davo5 said:

How are they a farce,as for not lasting long,what are you basing that assumption on ?

I am basing my assumption on the failed RL ventures of the past. Based so far away and the fixture set up and look at the problems already with travelling to Canada is why "I.M.O" it wont work long term. 

1 hour ago, town4me said:

I am basing my assumption on the failed RL ventures of the past. Based so far away and the fixture set up and look at the problems already with travelling to Canada is why "I.M.O" it wont work long term. 

Problems traveling,you only need a $7 ETA which is done online,even the Barrow chairman has admitted they only did this a week ago,hence the problem with a few players with a past criminal record.

14 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Problems traveling,you only need a $7 ETA which is done online,even the Barrow chairman has admitted they only did this a week ago,hence the problem with a few players with a past criminal record.

Time will tell davo. Its just my personal opinion that it's not sustainable. 

32 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

So why are the RFL saying that Toronto are handling the visa applications for the visiting teams ?

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

There's no blame on Toronto, but its easy to throw stones at Barrow here

IMO the RFL within hours of the acceptance of Toronto & fixtures being agreed could have got their HR dlepartment/person to knock up a few guidance notes, links to websites and forms, timescales, be there to field questions etc. everyone is saying its easy to do, so a RFL HR person would need a couple of hours to send something out. The RFL are there for governance (or so they keep saying), not to make the actual application, but to guide the process. 

Apparently no-one from Town has had any communication from the RFL over the visa requirements going to Canada. Granted Town aren't going but that guidance should be given to all clubs and not let 25 players & officials at Barrow or any other club do their own thing and some of them get it wrong

The Play-offs are an even greater potential banana skin with shorter timescales, but hopefully the feedback from other clubs experiences will filter back as it seems the RFL is doing rock all to help or advise the clubs. Have they suddenly forgotten player welfare

5 hours ago, shaun mc said:

The Play-offs are an even greater potential banana skin with shorter timescales, but hopefully the feedback from other clubs experiences will filter back as it seems the RFL is doing rock all to help or advise the clubs. Have they suddenly forgotten player welfare

What d'you mean- "suddenly"?

10 hours ago, shaun mc said:

There's no blame on Toronto, but its easy to throw stones at Barrow here

IMO the RFL within hours of the acceptance of Toronto & fixtures being agreed could have got their HR dlepartment/person to knock up a few guidance notes, links to websites and forms, timescales, be there to field questions etc. everyone is saying its easy to do, so a RFL HR person would need a couple of hours to send something out. The RFL are there for governance (or so they keep saying), not to make the actual application, but to guide the process. 

Apparently no-one from Town has had any communication from the RFL over the visa requirements going to Canada. Granted Town aren't going but that guidance should be given to all clubs and not let 25 players & officials at Barrow or any other club do their own thing and some of them get it wrong

Could have, won't have.

The mistake you make here is believing the governing body of the sport would help out clubs and make it easy for a part time club to make the trip.

Town could end going to Toronto dependant on Town making the top 8 and the position they finish in the top 8.

Rugby League must be a great game to survive the fools at the RFL who run it.

1 hour ago, Brookie said:

But they won't, because will get automatic promotion. That's a given

automatic ? dont they still have to win the final ? Barrow were an hour from going up if they had beaten Toulouse in the last game last season .

Archived