Attendances - Updated R19

AB Knight

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, DEANO said:

Would say all averages are up due to Bradford being in town

It'll be interesting to see if they still take as many away next season in League 1.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

16 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

Only 542 at the Donny v Worky game, thats shocking.

Just shows , 60 quid season tickets don't work , absolutely pathetic , there were at least 100 from town who at least went home happy.

10 hours ago, georgeb1 said:

Just shows , 60 quid season tickets don't work , absolutely pathetic , there were at least 100 from town who at least went home happy.

I said a couple of months back on the general forum Doncaster were devaluing their product by selling season tickets so cheaply but a few disagreed with me. Apparently ahead of the match on social media some were saying £15 is a rip off so it just shows that selling tickets for equivalent of £4.61 a match is all well and good until you put prices back up, then you have to work ten times as hard to get those same fans to pay 3 times as much to get in.

Doncaster are also doing a similar offer for next season, IMO the only way they'll retain any extra fans when they put prices back up (which they'll have to do at some point) is by securing promotion next season.

I hope York never go down that route. 

Up the full price season ticket Kneets :-)

22 hours ago, spanishknight said:

Only 542 at the Donny v Worky game, thats shocking.

The Keepmoat is awful for this level of rugby league. I've been a couple of times, and finding oneself surrounded by 14,000+ empty seats is absolutely no fun at all. Tattersfield (in its latter years, at least) was a much better arena. Sharing Castle Park (an appropriate size) with Doncaster Knights RU would suit the Dons more than the Keepmoat.

• 5 weeks later...

A few City fans wondered what the Knights average crowds are this season. I've worked out the difference between the clubs, makes for interesting reading (perhaps!):

City Avg 2013-14: 3773
Knights Avg 2013: 735
Difference +3038

City 14-15: 3554
Knights 14: 628
+2926

City 15-16: 3218
Knights 15: 428
+2790

City 16-17: 2570
Knights 16: 592
+1978

City 17-18: 2755
Knights 17: 1088
+1687

City 18-19 (so far): 2557
Knights 18: 1628
+929

I do look forward to your stats AB. I think, as far as the Knights are concerned, we will break through the 2,000 barrier next season, with a stronger side, greater away support, more meaningful games as well as the new Stadium factor. Unfortunately City continue to struggle but I hope they soon turn the corner, and they too, have the new Stadium to look forward to, so should see a decent increase on this season. I’d love to see the place packed out for both clubs.

I think with even bigger away support (as well as more home fans) next season the average should be pushing 2500 which would be a fantastic effort. No reason why the fixtures against Bradford, Featherstone, Halifax, Toronto and Widnes can't break 2,500 alone.

One of the City fans who comments on York Press (he always has a dig at James Ford) reckons the Knights estimate their home crowds which is rubbish. I don't care what he think, one club is on the up, the other is treating its paying customers with contempt, just look at the condescending Q+A session on the Press.

Archived