19-21 May: The Kingstone Press League 1 Match Thread

2 hours ago, georgeb1 said:

Why would you.

Waste best part of a grand to watch a non event ,I hope July 1 comes and goes for my club then I can watch some real games again.

R.f.l. have a lot of head scratching to do to stop this happening in the future.

To be honest if we do get to play them there I would go. Its an experience - watching my club the other side of the Alantic in a L1 match! I emjoyed our home match against them even though we got slaughtered. 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, morty said:

Well if that's what the Canadians are after I feel sorry for you I really do....good luck. Now I know why you like battering defenceless seals to death on the iceflows. Fair sport is the loser tonight.

I presume you came on here and said something similar after your lot mullered Hemel 82-0

1 hour ago, EssexRL said:

To be honest if we do get to play them there I would go. Its an experience - watching my club the other side of the Alantic in a L1 match! I emjoyed our home match against them even though we got slaughtered. 

Same for me. We knew Wolfpack would batter us at home but our attendance increased from just over 300 to just short of 600 - and no, there weren't many Canadians, but lots of interest to see Toronto in the UK, and we had a great atmosphere and sold lots of beer and food.

I'd definitely go across to Toronto to watch Crusaders.

1 hour ago, gogledd said:

Same for me. We knew Wolfpack would batter us at home but our attendance increased from just over 300 to just short of 600 - and no, there weren't many Canadians, but lots of interest to see Toronto in the UK, and we had a great atmosphere and sold lots of beer and food.

I'd definitely go across to Toronto to watch Crusaders.

I agree.

After two home fixtures against Toulouse last year and not going there, I was gutted that the same thing has happened for Toronto this year.

4 posts deleted.  Two because they quoted someone else and changed it to suit their narrow argument making it look just stupid.  This is against the Terms & Conditions of Use of the forum as it clearly is not posting with a positive intent.  Continued breaches will see more formal individual warnings issued

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

49 minutes ago, clwydianrange said:

Just got back from the Cru/Skolars game. Some very good and entertaining rugby from the Cru. A pleasure to watch

Agreed, nine tries to two was a fair reflection of play - the Skolars worked hard but weren't very good, to put it mildly! The Queensway Stadium was looking good in the sun, it was a pity that only 273 of us turned up to watch. I think that that's due to a very long gap between fixtures - over five weeks since the Toronto game and another three until we play Workington at home meaning that people just get out of the habit of going. Something has to be done about the League 1 structure, but this being RL I'm not holding my breath!

47 minutes ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

Agreed, nine tries to two was a fair reflection of play - the Skolars worked hard but weren't very good, to put it mildly! The Queensway Stadium was looking good in the sun, it was a pity that only 273 of us turned up to watch. I think that that's due to a very long gap between fixtures - over five weeks since the Toronto game and another three until we play Workington at home meaning that people just get out of the habit of going. Something has to be done about the League 1 structure, but this being RL I'm not holding my breath!

That could be the reason for the low arrendance Steve but I thought there were more there tbh. 

1 hour ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

The entire fixture list this season is ridiculous.

www.donsstats.co.uk - Full results and player stats for Doncaster RLFC from 1951 to the current day.

19 hours ago, Jeff Stein said:

I presume you came on here and said something similar after your lot mullered Hemel 82-0

I don't like any contest being so one sided Jeff ... I like to see competitive games

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

I know it's been overshadowed by a lot (mostly Toronto) but did anyone else notice that's it's been a pretty entertaining campaign in league 1. Only 4 points separating 5th through 13th in the table. Excluding 3 or 4 teams, it seems anyone could beat anyone on any given day. 

Archived