Thuggery

I attended the Wath Brow/Mayfield match yesterday and was enjoying a hard competative game between 2 good teams until a vicious cowardly attack on Wath Brows Graeme Mattinson  ruined the game.Ive played and watched the game for 40yrs and have never seen such an act of thuggery as that committed by Mayfields No 15,the coward shouldn't be allowed on a rugby field again,hopefully the NCL act on the video footage.

3 hours ago, LeeF said:

What exactly happened?

Matty was jogging back to get into the defensive line,the 15 ran after him and smashed him in the head from behind,knocking him unconscious.

Conflicting reports there. One say Smashed him in the head from behind. The other says tackled with a forearm to the face.

If the Mayfield play ran towards a player who was retreating into the defensive line it sounds as though the Wath Brow player had done something to get that reaction from the Mayfield player and retribution was being administered.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

3 hours ago, Big Doug said:

Conflicting reports there. One say Smashed him in the head from behind. The other says tackled with a forearm to the face.

If the Mayfield play ran towards a player who was retreating into the defensive line it sounds as though the Wath Brow player had done something to get that reaction from the Mayfield player and retribution was being administered.

Think you'll find Big Doug that Spidey is talking about a different player.

4 hours ago, DaveButt said:

The question is, What did the Wath player do to receive this retribution?

And please don't say nothing

The clown ran a dummy line and the Brow player tackled him,hardly deserving to be knocked unconscious,the fact that your coaching staff were totally embarrassed and apologetic after viewing the video footage,I would say backs this up,but of course yourself and Dougie boy will look to shift the blame I'm sure.

On ‎21‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 2:24 PM, Davo5 said:

Matty was jogging back to get into the defensive line,the 15 ran after him and smashed him in the head from behind,knocking him unconscious.

One of the best full-backs I've seen in the amateur game made an habit of doing the same thing every other week.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

9 hours ago, Big Doug said:

Not allowed regardless

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

33 minutes ago, eclecticsheep said:

Is spidey talking about the crosfields v saddleworth rangers match, I was there and the poor lads nose was a right mess and he was in the ambulance at the ground for quite a period...I do hope hes ok. 

Yes - he's on the mend. He got home Monday morning

Spidey, I didnt think the game at Rangers was dirty, and , as a neutral, I actually thought the ref had a good game, the greasy wet conditions led to some highish contact...but the two guests I took along thought it was a good entertaining game and with 5 minutes to go it looked like the visitors would snatch it...

I also watch Mayfield at home games and if there was thuggery, well i have not seen any when they have played at Castleton.

52 minutes ago, jananbillingsbarmyarmy said:

Mayfield the new fryston warriors 

Not there so can't said much it's,a tough game and setas not like that he's not done something for nothing 

He was on Saturday and yes he did and like you say you weren't there.The only thing you got right is,it is a tough game,but theirs no place in the game for the actions carried out by Taala.

Mayfield match report says Taala reacted to a shoulder charge on him by the Wath Brow player. What's that saying if you live by the sword you die by the sword. Looks like the Wath Brow player got his come upance.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

Match report that well know source of being unbiased 

What does the refs report say? What does the Disciplinary Committee say?

Irrespective a shoulder charge whilst currently not allowed shouldn't result in the actions described above

14 hours ago, Big Doug said:

Mayfield match report says Taala reacted to a shoulder charge on him by the Wath Brow player. What's that saying if you live by the sword you die by the sword. Looks like the Wath Brow player got his come upance.

Well that just about sums up you perfectly,what an embarrassment to your club,the lad is having ongoing problems and hospital checks and you say he got what he deserved,your pathetic.

As for the "Mayfield" match report,who was the author ,you or Taala's old lad,not biased at all I'm sure.

Archived