Fryston Warriors

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They've got the national cup final against us next week - I think that will serve as a really good benchmark for them and the rest of the NCL of where they are. 

I feel for them because they'll agree the sides they're playing week in week out aren't anything like NCL standard but as they say you can only beat what is in front of you and they certainly do that. 

I for one would love to them in the NCL and I reckon they'd do similar to us and blitz the NCL 3 and 2 divisions before they'd meet their match on a regular basis. 

Think we might just be too strong for them next week but as always i'll eat my words if i'm wrong. Either way it'll be a great game.

9 hours ago, Blackbeard said:

Yes think they'd go well in NCL , there definitely good enough , but no way would the NCL officials but up with Players and Fans , abuse , discipline is key in these leagues......

Surprising what a pair of touch judges can do at every game, they'll probably become a better footballing side.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

I think this weeks game will be a cracker and one not to be missed fryston would certainly hold there own in ncl 1 they show year in year out in national cups and challenge cup games there capable of beating ncl teams i think fryston beat normanton in challenge cup so for me this weeks game is more than evenly matched 

Fryston team at present are not the fryston team of old yes we play good hard rugby but with only 3 dismissals in 2 years I think you will find a change in playing style to fast lowing rugby the lads have bought in to my ethos in coaching they train hard and play harder it's been a pleasure to coach this set of lads I've brought together over the past 2 years and Sunday's game will be the pinicle in a lot of lads rugby career and we aim to make good memories not what happened in the challange cup against keithley which was taken out of proportion as all our doing I can't speak for the crowd which follows us but I can speak for my players coaching staff and committee we look forward to testing our self against a top side like hunslet are just like we did agInst siddal norminton and thornhill this year the best team will win on the day I've seen them play the last 4 weeks were we have been inactive so they are battled hardend but my lads have been in a mini pre season so they are ready to go no stone as been un turned to prepare my boys for Sunday so all we need Isca big effort from 1 to 17 and a bit of Lady Luck and hopefully we will bring the trophy home and do a clean sweep !!!!!!

43 minutes ago, Fryston warrior said:

Fryston team at present are not the fryston team of old yes we play good hard rugby but with only 3 dismissals in 2 years I think you will find a change in playing style to fast lowing rugby the lads have bought in to my ethos in coaching they train hard and play harder it's been a pleasure to coach this set of lads I've brought together over the past 2 years and Sunday's game will be the pinicle in a lot of lads rugby career and we aim to make good memories not what happened in the challange cup against keithley which was taken out of proportion as all our doing I can't speak for the crowd which follows us but I can speak for my players coaching staff and committee we look forward to testing our self against a top side like hunslet are just like we did agInst siddal norminton and thornhill this year the best team will win on the day I've seen them play the last 4 weeks were we have been inactive so they are battled hardend but my lads have been in a mini pre season so they are ready to go no stone as been un turned to prepare my boys for Sunday so all we need Isca big effort from 1 to 17 and a bit of Lady Luck and hopefully we will bring the trophy home and do a clean sweep !!!!!!

Well said. Couldn't agree more.

Should be a cracker dont think there will be much in it, think speake and handforth play in the halfs for fryston, wont find many better half back pairings in the amatuer game. Wayne mchugh still scoring for fun in the centres and some very good young lads. Dont know too much about hunslet this season, jamie fields a top amatuer forward though and they beat a very good underbank team the other week. Fryston definatly a ncl 1 standard team, looking forward to this 1, lets hope both teams keep 13 on the field and the better rugby team wins, good luck to both teams.

We have danny Rowse and andy hullock in the halfs with rocky price aswell we are not taking this game lightly at all it's a cup we've never one and its illuded is in the past we are fielding a strong side barring a couple who are at a family christening but that's no excuse we beleive what we have is good enough and there won't be any excuses from us on the day! 

It all looks to be a great game in the making!

just a shame not as many clubs enter This cup anymore! 

I think theses 2 teams would be in the final no matter who enters or not hunslet got to the conference knock out cup last year and won't be far from it this year so there here on merit and I'm sure we would give any conference team a run for there money like we did siddal thornhill and norminton this year so let's not moan who not in the cup let's get your money out of your pocket and come watch a cracking game of rugby which could go either way come on boys and girls come  to Fev on Sunday you won't be disappointed!!! 

50 minutes ago, TheDuke said:

Perhaps the winner of the national cup should play the NCL champs, I would like to see that

Why,one would be the winner of a comp involving the best amateur teams in the country,the other is played between a dozen pub/2nd teams and a handful of wannabes.The "national"cup ceased being a serious competition well over 10yrs ago and needs either a plan to restore it to its former glory or shelving.

Archived