Fryston Warriors

On ‎28‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 9:11 PM, Blackbeard said:

Fryston Warriors 10 v 37 Hunslet Club Parkside ft.......

Fryston let themselfs down today with discipline once again ,  2 sent off and 2 sin bins and also had an extra player on at one stage , Old Boys did'nt bite and stuck to their game plan . A final run by BARLA  and only 2 balls , play was stopped for 10 mins due to no rugby balls , MOM was Jamie Fields , closely pushed by Craig McShane (fullback).....

I'm sure clubs are supposed to supply 2 balls each in a final

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, booms said:

Fryston didnt do themselves any favours yesterday with there disipling and its mad to think that all of there players have played ncl level or even higher and now there season over most will go play ncl but as long as there playing pennine league rugby nothing will change cos it is just pub rugby and that showed yesterday just like to say a big well done to hunslet there a top team

Many a pub team have won the BARLA Cup

3 hours ago, AL FALL said:

1st I meant hundreds of  clubs enter the F.A. cup,useing that as a example in other words Arsenal are deemed the best football club in the country because they beat all comers.

2ND It doesn't matter who enters the national cup,the eventual winners are the ones deemed to be  the best team in the country because it is open to all the amateur clubs .

You pick the winners of the ncl grand final as being the best team in the country ,how many teams in the play offs? And you can loose a game on the way and still win it .

Its a insult to all the past winners of the BARLA national cup ,the sponsor's, the people who have run barla competition's,including county cups, trips abroad and over the years produced pro clubs with their players to say a few pub teams and 2nd teams enter the competition.Probably the top ncl clubs don't enter is because it will be a extra pay day for their players?.

And you have just won the most idiotic post of the year,well done.

12 hours ago, Marauder said:

I'm sure clubs are supposed to supply 2 balls each in a final

I spoke to Phil Sharpe after the game , and he said BARLA had brought a bag of 7 balls , and both Old Boys/Fryston will have used theirs as well , but should'nt have play stopped for 10 mins waiting for a ball at a final....

18 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

I spoke to Phil Sharpe after the game , and he said BARLA had brought a bag of 7 balls , and both Old Boys/Fryston will have used theirs as well , but should'nt have play stopped for 10 mins waiting for a ball at a final....

Absolute farce

We at hunslet are not proclaiming that we are now the best side in amateur rugby league and would agree that at this present time the guys at siddal are!

what I will say is there's nothing wrong with been a pub team at least the fellas are making the sport tick over! And tonne fair there's been some great pub teams over the years and probably what the sport has thrived of in the 70s 80s!

also as a club entering a cup you can only play what's in front of you and on this occasion sunday fryston warriors was the opposition and was the best side left in that's why they got there!

and unfortunately they couldn't keep 13 body's on the field at once which is a great shame they have the makings of a really talented side if they change the bullying type of mindset! 

They have potential! 

As for the balls barla brought our club coaches was laughing at them! 

They was more like medicine balls terrible standard of a ball speaking with jamie fields after the game about them and that's exactly why he launched them straight over the hospitality lounge! 

18 hours ago, Jacko45 said:

No, champions win the league  (grand final ). If you win a cup your cup winners only.

Arsenal are not the best football club Chelsea are.Wigan are the best RL club and not Hull.

They weren't the best last sat arsenal beat them.

1 hour ago, Davo5 said:

Which made them cup winners not champions,like talking to a brick wall.

So to sum up Davo5

If Leicester city had gone on to win the Champions league although finishing below Chelsea who would you and Jacko45 judge to be the best English club this season.

By the way sarcasm is the lowest form of wit,i could have criticised you about your spelling in a earlier post but chose not to.

12 minutes ago, AL FALL said:

So to sum up Davo5

If Leicester city had gone on to win the Champions league although finishing below Chelsea who would you and Jacko45 judge to be the best English club this season.

By the way sarcasm is the lowest form of wit,i could have criticised you about your spelling in a earlier post but chose not to.

You lost all credibility when you said Arsenal are the best football team in the country,so just for your benefit the Champions  and title of  best team in any team sport is usually the team that wins the league or a grand final/play off final not the winners of a knockout cup and especially one where most of the best teams don't even enter.

Oh dear your argument has been shown up as rubbish so now your the grammar police.

I would like to congratulate hunslet from everyone at  fryston we was beaten by a far better team on the day its given us a wake up call we needed but will re group and come back stronger everyone can knock us as much as they want yes we played dum yes we had 2 sent off and 2 sin bin which does not reflect the game we got ourself back into the game at 18 10 ht but threw the game away thinking we could keep giving them posesstion they played off our mistakes we could not cope with Jamie fields who I congratulate on the mom I would all so like to say a big well do to your full back what a player you have there for the future the best team won on the day im not blaming any 1 we lost fair and square to the better side on the day I could use many excuses to why we lost not playing for 4 weeks bad refereeing  but know1 is to blame other than us we lost fair and square to the better side on the day so well done hunslet keep it polished nice cause we will be trying to get it next year and as for everyone who might want to slag us off thats fine as we re build  and come back stronger next year 

The game panned out pretty much how I expected it would. Fryston were very competitive first 25 mins, very quick moving up in defence and showed real skill when going forward. Playing up the hill and only being 18-10 at half time I must admit, even though they looked heavily fatigued, I thought if Fryston could've scored first coming down the hill second they might have ran us close. Luckily for us they didn't and in fact we seemed to play the field better going up hill and played some great rugby. 

Don't want to dwell on too much because it really wasn't a 'dirty' game but whether they feel hard done by or not, 2 reds and 2 yellows does show that Fryston still seem to have issues when it comes to discipline. When we were the 'Old Boys' we used to get similar cards when playing against NCL sides in cups and we'd genuinely come away thinking we hadn't really done anything wrong (compared to the things you'd get away with in the Pennine League) and it was always easy to say the ref had it in for us because we wasn't NCL or our bad rep went before us. It's only when you start playing NCL week in week out you realise that actually the refs were just enforcing the proper laws of the game. 

I maintain the same as I said before the game and hope Fryston can get themselves in a position to join the NCL because they'll certainly be more than a match for many sides. As for us, we've chased this trophy for a long time and I agree with Hunslet Finest when he says this obviously doesn't make us the best side in the country but I do hope it starts a debate and maybe make more NCL sides consider entering next year and we bring the prestige back to this once great cup. 

21 hours ago, Fryston warrior said:

I would like to congratulate hunslet from everyone at  fryston we was beaten by a far better team on the day its given us a wake up call we needed but will re group and come back stronger everyone can knock us as much as they want yes we played dum yes we had 2 sent off and 2 sin bin which does not reflect the game we got ourself back into the game at 18 10 ht but threw the game away thinking we could keep giving them posesstion they played off our mistakes we could not cope with Jamie fields who I congratulate on the mom I would all so like to say a big well do to your full back what a player you have there for the future the best team won on the day im not blaming any 1 we lost fair and square to the better side on the day I could use many excuses to why we lost not playing for 4 weeks bad refereeing  but know1 is to blame other than us we lost fair and square to the better side on the day so well done hunslet keep it polished nice cause we will be trying to get it next year and as for everyone who might want to slag us off thats fine as we re build  and come back stronger next year 

From a personal point of view it's hard to put a full shift in when you've not been playing for long spells, we fell fowl to it this year in the Pennine Supplementary Cup, our last league game was on the 4th/Feb/2017, our next game was on the 25th/Feb/2017 then we played and lost the semi-final on the 25th/March/2017, sadly we did a Fryston and had one sent off just before half-time and 3 sin binned, the eventual winners of the cup equalised in the last minute of normal time to make it 20 each but lack of match fitness took it's toll in the end, we went down 24 - 34

On ‎31‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 6:40 PM, Jacko45 said:

Not very bright are you!! Chelsea are still champions of England.

But not the best.

Worlds top 10 football competitions.

1FIFA WORLD CUP

2EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS LGE.

3EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIP.

4COPA AMERICA.

5COPA LIBERTADORES.

6UEFA EUROPA LGE

7AFRICA CUP OF NATIONS.

8FA CUP  [THE WORLDS LONGEST RUN CUP COMPETITION REGARDED AS THE PINNICLE OF EVERY PLAYERS CAREER TO PLAY IN THE FINAL]

9CONFEDERATIONS CUP.

10 COPA DEL REY.

No mention of premier lge Chelsea may be champions,thats just a title.now I've found this list they are down to 3rd place my beloved Man U.Two domestic cups and a European cup move them into top spot.

JACKO 45 just cup final winners eh .Tell that to Stan Mathews,Bert Trautman,Bob Stokoe Ricky Villa, Crazy Gang and even Pie eaters tasted glory .Tell Sir Bobby Charlton when you beat Benfica it was only a cup final.As far I can recall only two memorable moments in prem div,the noisy neighbours winning in the last minute ably assisted by Joey Barton and Leicester embarrassingly not letting one of the elite win.

Davo5 I've read loads of your posts always snide remarks putting people down you need to look at yourself in the mirrow. Always taking the moral high ground,Write three or four lines and sit back and wait for a reaction The post you put on about  Mayfield and the post you put on putting down A teams and pub teams was proof.

I only wished the finalists good luck in the nat cup and all this happens.

Well done Hunslet commiserations Fryston.

Davo5 I've read loads of your posts always snide remarks putting people down you need to look at yourself in the mirrow. Always taking the moral high ground,Write three or four lines and sit back and wait for a reaction

I think you'll find Davo5 is the coach and vice-chairman of Wath Brow - explains many of his comments  (see his other thread 'thuggery') and why no Hunslet Club Parkside players were selected for the tour to Fiji last year.

⬆️ Agreed we nominated 5 players to go training too jamie fields jamie Bradley andy hullock josh Murphy and Keiron Murphy none of whom even got asked to go to the train on squad of 50!

and 2 have them have represented BARLA! 

If this is the case I'm glad he's gone from the England lions job can stop picking his pals! 

17 hours ago, AL FALL said:

But not the best.

1FIFA WORLD CUP

2EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS LGE.

3EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIP.

4COPA AMERICA.

5COPA LIBERTADORES.

6UEFA EUROPA LGE

7AFRICA CUP OF NATIONS.

8FA CUP  [THE WORLDS LONGEST RUN CUP COMPETITION REGARDED AS THE PINNICLE OF EVERY PLAYERS CAREER TO PLAY IN THE FINAL]

9CONFEDERATIONS CUP.

10 COPA DEL REY.

No mention of premier lge Chelsea may be champions,thats just a title.now I've found this list they are down to 3rd place my beloved Man U.Two domestic cups and a European cup move them into top spot.

JACKO 45 just cup final winners eh .Tell that to Stan Mathews,Bert Trautman,Bob Stokoe Ricky Villa, Crazy Gang and even Pie eaters tasted glory .Tell Sir Bobby Charlton when you beat Benfica it was only a cup final.As far I can recall only two memorable moments in prem div,the noisy neighbours winning in the last minute ably assisted by Joey Barton and Leicester embarrassingly not letting one of the elite win.

Davo5 I've read loads of your posts always snide remarks putting people down you need to look at yourself in the mirrow. Always taking the moral high ground,Write three or four lines and sit back and wait for a reaction The post you put on about  Mayfield and the post you put on putting down A teams and pub teams was proof.

That's because I have a serious flaw,no tolerance for idiots and unfortunately after that last moronic post you go to the top of that list. 

3 hours ago, white rose ranger said:

I think you'll find Davo5 is the coach and vice-chairman of Wath Brow - explains many of his comments  (see his other thread 'thuggery') and why no Hunslet Club Parkside players were selected for the tour to Fiji last year.

I think you'll find I'm not,but nice to see the old the worlds against Hunslet conspiracy theory rolled out again.

18 hours ago, AL FALL said:

But not the best.

1FIFA WORLD CUP

2EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS LGE.

3EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIP.

4COPA AMERICA.

5COPA LIBERTADORES.

6UEFA EUROPA LGE

7AFRICA CUP OF NATIONS.

9CONFEDERATIONS CUP.

10 COPA DEL REY.

This is a rugby league forum not football. Wigan rlfc are the better team cos of the grand final win,Hull 's win at Wembley is brilliant and I'd love to win a c c final but it doesn't make me a champion does it,it makes me a cup winner.

5 hours ago, white rose ranger said:

No he isn't unless someone has hacked his User Name

Archived