Blackpool

moorside roughyed

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Club reporting good ticket sales for Blackpool, outsold Rochdale 3-1 according to the RFL figures although the club hasn't said exactly how many. Good stuff.

Bryan C, I think the Crazy Scots bar is looking favorite at the moment as a meeting point. Could all change though lol. Will keep you updated pal ?

I still haven't fallen down the cellar stairs and my 2.25pm Saturday afternoon flight to Boston is looming.  I'll probably fly right over the top of Bloomfield Road as Adam Clay scores a length of the field try.

In another twist of fate and something I can't wriggle out of, my lad's school is a Rhinos development one and I have to go watch the Leeds/Warrington game on Friday.  

The last time I saw a Super League game live was September 8 1997.  Leeds v Oldham at Headingley. We lost 16-42; it was the old club's last ever game.

I'm sure life's just made up for my own entertainment.

I think there's a good chance of it Dave, Clay is arguably the player of the season so far..

I can't go either more's the pity, friends from brum that we haven't seen for 2 years coming up. I did ask Simon if he had ever been to Blackpool but Mrs M spotted that one straight away : )

Just a thought for Blackpool, I put this on FB but thought I would share it here too.......

We are taking pink balloons to Blackpool on Saturday to hold up during the minutes silence for the Manchester atrocity to show our respect and solidarity.

Anyone who wishes to join us in doing this are welcome,just bring some pink balloons along to the game..

I have checked with the RFL and balloons are allowed in the ground but they advise to take them in deflated.

Just a small show of support for everyone affected by this tragedy.

Yes I can't wait.  I get to spend a week in a banana republic with the in-laws.  

The highlight of my stay will be to take an Ikea water taxi from Manhattan to Brooklyn to buy an egg-timer for my GoPro.  I already have one but I can see me ending up in an orange suit if I try and get a mechanical timing device through security.

Anyone know if a 40 degree wash is ok for a kilt? Looks like I've ruined the sporran by tumble drying it, never mind, I can improvise.

I just want to fit in and look inconspicuous in the Crazy Jocks Saloon.

11 hours ago, Dave Naylor said:

Yes I can't wait.  I get to spend a week in a banana republic with the in-laws.  

The highlight of my stay will be to take an Ikea water taxi from Manhattan to Brooklyn to buy an egg-timer for my GoPro.  I already have one but I can see me ending up in an orange suit if I try and get a mechanical timing device through security.

Make sure you go to B&H cameras.  Their superstore is something to behold!

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

18 minutes ago, Tangle said:

Dave where is the airport in Lincolnshire  have a good trip watch out for Donald  

Been trying to get the tangerine one to ban me by re-tweeting all his bad bits.  They'll probably incarcerate me at Logan.

Very disappointing and a mystery as to how the second half performance at Dewsbury has turned into the disaster of the last two weeks. The constant change of players wont help the defensive system and why we needed a dual reg centre today I dont know. He certainly didnt perform like a super league player.

Archived