Blackpool

moorside roughyed

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The coming days are going to be interesting, if it does turn out that Scott Naylor has quit then we are up the creak without a paddle. Does anyone know anyone else who could keep us up,I don't think so.He got us promoted when others couldn't. I am slowly losing patience and heart with the club as I am convinced that this group of players are capable of so much more.How could play like that in the first half and capitulate like that in the second, disheartening, frustrating and sad.It was the Batley game revisited in terms of playing well to playing rubbish in a heartbeat,I am at a loss with the whole thing.

Looked to me like we had a gameplan and stuck to it (for about twenty minutes). After that, things fell to pieces rapidly and although the referee wasn't the best, ill discipline, along with the players doing their own thing cost us dearly. At the risk of stating the obvious, the second half was a train wreck.

I think one thing many of us are missing is that we are not rubbish for 80 minutes. We show what we can do and then seem to lose concentration or forget the game plan. Scott, Spanner and Pete have done a great job and I would be very sad if he's resigned. We went through a bad patch this time last season after the epic cup run. But we are in a better position league wise and need to pull together and work through a rough patch. I'm as frustrated as anyone but as Bull13 says, many of the players are only at Oldham because of Scott, Spanner and Pete. We would be in a dire situation if they left the club. 

I hope he stays.

Let's be honest he's done an amazing job on the budget he had. We know how they can play but for some reason their heads drop and they implode. Even though on paper this a stronger squad than last year the team spirit doesn't seem to be there. Last year the defence was tigrish and every player gave 100%.

That said, we are in a good position in the league and I hope he stays and can keep us up. 

I sincerely hope Naylor stays I have every faith in him and any suggestion he should go is premature in my opinion. I went to Blackpool and then put myself through it once more when I got home. Great rugby in the first half it's obvious the players have the capability and I don't doubt their desire. However as soon as the opposition score a try or two it seems that we go to pieces which can only be a confidence issue. Our league position could be worse. Let's pick ourselves up like we have done on many previous occasions and hope it's just a bad patch and that its nothing that couple of decent wins can't rectify. 

There are a couple of things that are down to Scott such as the tactics or choosing a captain that can motivate the players on the pitch and stopping their heads from dropping when things go against them but there are also some things that I think are out of his control. When you have three players on season long loans you would expect them to be some of the first names on the team sheet but once again they seemed to be unavailable. Then we have a DR player who we didn't really need. Are we being told who we have to have?

Whoever is coach will have to deal with these issues.

All I would like to say is if Scott hasn't quit I urge him not to.I'm sure the majority of the fans would like him to stay as he has done an awful lot for our club.If he already has we're knackered. It's up to the players to perform,he needs to replace the captaincy and award it to say Sam Gee always tries to be upbeat plus  Gaz is too young and inexperienced in my view.

Second week in a row I've seen you play and the line defence and second half drop off is definitely concerning. It all looked so positive after the Featherstone and Sheffield performances earlier in the season too. Here's my report from the match (Ther's a link to the highlights on there to clifford): http://quaysnews.net/index.php/2017/05/28/rochdale-win-oldham-summer-bash/

If anyone is interested, I've also got an interview with Naylor in the preview I put up yesterday. Good luck at Swinton!

16 hours ago, Roughyedz said:

Won't make a halfpenny of difference . .  Same players. .  I hope the players watch the Hull KR v Bradford first 40 mins to see what defensive tackling is all about . . .Any new coach has to get the defense sorted out . . Rapid or its a fight against relegation aproaching . .  

And after they av watched the Hull KR v Bradford match watch the first 40 mins of Swinton v Sheffield ( apart from Sheffield try that is . . Lol ) . . That's how you defend your own line, all 4 teams defended their own try line on numerous occasions . .  ! ! ! ! 

20447_346989162151_776477151_4748963_7475038_s.jpg

14 hours ago, Roughyed45 said:

If the players are only there for scott, why arnt they performing for him then!!!! they need a new voice in the changing room and a new pattern instead of one man rugby

Too right they need someone on the field to organise the team, an old head perhaps in the forwards or backs, or even both, to organise things . .    

20447_346989162151_776477151_4748963_7475038_s.jpg

Thebull13 a lot of the players no doubt joined Oldham due to Scott Naylor, the truth is though this season his coaching limitations have been exposed, if you constantly blame the players in the local press they are soon going to lose respect for you. I don't think that Naylor has once said he needs to look at his selections and tactics he seems obsessed in playing players out of position and in fairness everybody can see the defence is awful but hey the attack isn't great either, Scott thank you for your efforts but now time for a change as relegation would be disastrous. 

Archived