Laurent Frayssinous leaves Catalans

Catalans Dragons have confirmed the departure of head coach Laurent Frayssinous. Frayssinous has been in charge of the Dragons since the beginning of the 2013 season, but he has overseen

The post Laurent Frayssinous leaves Catalans appeared first on Rugby League News, Forum & Features.

View the full article

Total Rugby League
www.totalrl.com

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depends who they get to replace him, of course, but the potential in that squad should be a worry for clubs looking to finish above them.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

wow was just writing a post that they need a new coach, before I read this....It will be interesting to see who they go for.....John Kear Imo would be a good choice, but is he likely to leave Wakefield who are having a great season (on the field) mid season?

I think a new coach, if they pick someone suitable, can do a lot more with this bunch of decent players. Inu, Gigot, Casty, Myler, Bird, Batieri, Moa etc theres some good players there

The need to get a fresh coach in with a new perspective (not Cunningham). Promoting from within will not work it is too toxic there at the moment. Wonder if they would snatch Geoff Toovey from the Bulls? (I'm not advocating this BTW).

It'd be interesting to see how he'd go at another club, where he had a less controlling boss.

Laurent Frayssinous is currently trending nationally (UK) on Twitter.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

It'd be interesting to see how he'd go at another club, where he had a less controlling boss.

Laurent Frayssinous is currently trending nationally (UK) on Twitter.

He seems a good guy and probably is a decent coach but this gig was probably too soon for him to try and instill his ethos on a belligerent club. 

I'm available. Looked after an amateur side, miles from the northern heartlands whose players were all out  on a Friday night before a game.

I ask you, who's better qualified than that? :-)

1 hour ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

Sorry to see him go, in a way,

Me too, as I was when Cunningham left Saints and would be if Shudds sack Stone.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Guisset, Chan and Monaghan taking over. Probably won't change a thing.

I feel for Frayssinous as it's obvious he has been undermined by both some members of the club and some players. I think it was time for him to move on but I hope fans will recognize he gave his all for the club.

Hope he's going to be okay.

I don't think Guasch will hire Cologni. Cologni wouldn't be happy with the president telling him what to do. The situation would explode quickly.

We'll see who was calling the shots with the staff! I had monaghan and guisset on a training course and they came across as very intelligent and hard working coaches but both said fraysinous had the final decision on the defensive and attack systems 

Either fraysinous was holding them back or fraysinous had too much confidence in them! 

2 minutes ago, barnyia said:

We'll see who was calling the shots with the staff! I had monaghan and guisset on a training course and they came across as very intelligent and hard working coaches but both said fraysinous had the final decision on the defensive and attack systems 

Either fraysinous was holding them back or fraysinous had too much confidence in them! 

Whoever was calling the shots for our attacking system, that person was an awful stratege. I think most of the fans that cared enough to analyse a bit knew exactly what's going to happen at the next play. "And now he's going to do exactly that", and the player did.

1 hour ago, Lowdesert said:

Laurence is a decent bloke.  Guaschs recruitment policy has been hit and miss and LF has taken the hit.  By what I've been told, he's been undermined by several persons within.

Cologni?

It's a bit of a poisoned chalice tbh, Trent Robinson is the only one who has come out of the role with any credit. It seems a fairly toxic environment and the team certainly doesn't gel, and whilst they may have half a dozen good players on paper, there isn't a lot of depth. They're certainly not a top 6 team

Archived