Koukash class act!

Marwan Koukash announced at 6pm that the entrance for Salford - Catalans this friday will be "free priced", every penny will go to a donation for the victims of the terrorist act. 

A minute of applause will also be held at the 22nd minute of the game.

Lovely gesture. I know hes not everyones cup of tea but he is a genuinely good guy Marwan. And whilst I'm sure its not his intention it could be very good for future crowds. If they get a full house (or something close) and Salford can put on a show.

A fine decision.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Good stuff. Would be nice to think this will get some wider publicity and the folk of Salford/Manchester will get down there, enjoy the game and raise a lot of money for a good cause.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 minute ago, Gates1 said:

Lovely gesture.  Hope it raises plenty.

Are donations been taken online or just at the game?

Maybe not through Salford, which is geared around people turning up on the day. Of course, there will be plenty of other avenues for online giving.

Latest: @SalfordDevils  1 hour ago
To keep the spirit going on Fri we’ll be playing the best Mcr music pre game. Tell us what you want. If we play it donate again #Jukebox

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

39 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Maybe not through Salford, which is geared around people turning up on the day. Of course, there will be plenty of other avenues for online giving.

Latest: @SalfordDevils  1 hour ago
To keep the spirit going on Fri we’ll be playing the best Mcr music pre game. Tell us what you want. If we play it donate again #Jukebox

awesome. Smiths, joy division, stone roses, oasis all over the shop

NIce one Marwan, Ok it may help Salford in the future but this helps the victims now.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

28 minutes ago, chuffer said:

awesome. Smiths, joy division, stone roses, oasis all over the shop

...or Barclay James Harvest, Freddie & the Dreamers, Crispy Ambulance, Stack Waddy, Take That, World of Twist...

Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 hours ago, Number 16 said:

Great gesture.

Can't help but think that if the 'other mob' had done it, it'd be all over the media by now.

Agree, at least it was on Sky Sports News

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Find MK sometimes an irritation and at others an amusement but on this occasion have nothing but respect for his gesture.

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

19 hours ago, Futtocks said:

...or Barclay James Harvest, Freddie & the Dreamers, Crispy Ambulance, Stack Waddy, Take That, World of Twist...

...or the Halle Orchestra; I used to know the lead bassoonist many, many years ago!

Fine gesture by MK!

Archived