Luke Adamson

Crookes as also gone. Whoever don't want to play for us and give 100% can leave for me. Ned and PD want players with the right attitude who will play for them and the shirt. Not fussed one bit these players have gone. No world beaters so won't lose any sleep tonight. Clearly didn't have the attitude or bottle. No loss. 

This confirms what Schofield and Pryce said about the dressing room not being right for about 18 months. Crookes is a good player, but his tackling was reckless and hit and miss in both senses. Gave away too many penalties. At this rate will we have enough players to field a team?

1 hour ago, Wakefield Ram said:

This confirms what Schofield and Pryce said about the dressing room not being right for about 18 months. Crookes is a good player, but his tackling was reckless and hit and miss in both senses. Gave away too many penalties. At this rate will we have enough players to field a team?

I knew Crookes wasn't happy and didn't want to play for the club and Ned in particular,but I thought he was still with us. Anyway no great loss if true.

2 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Two questions

1. Shall I bring my boots on Sunday ?

2. Do they still sell wintergreen ?.

Should I be selected you'll know me straight away - I'll be the one not swathed in bandages or limping. ;)

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

7 hours ago, Half man half grapefruit said:

Just signed for us (Oldham). Is there anything I should be getting excited about?

Being on the wrong side of the penalty count for a start. Plenty of initial enthusiasm but unft - not too keen on training sessions longer than 40 minutes.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

3 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

There may be a couple of players coming in shortly if the rumours are correct.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

3 hours ago, christheram said:

Crookes as also gone. Whoever don't want to play for us and give 100% can leave for me. Ned and PD want players with the right attitude who will play for them and the shirt. Not fussed one bit these players have gone. No world beaters so won't lose any sleep tonight. Clearly didn't have the attitude or bottle. No loss. 

Where has Crookes gone Chris?

5 minutes ago, christheram said:

Hust heard he'd gone may not be true but looks likely 

Any squad news for Sunday?

35 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Decent signing for Oldham, weakens one of their rivals while improving their own team. Bit of a penalty machine but was pretty good at Fax in his time there.

Remind me when that was!!!  ...... time and tide and all that!

A fev supporting mate's assessment of Ram's team was "some average players trying hard and some decent players not trying"

For me, Adamson falls into the second category - which is disappointing. Adamson is a good forward if fit and "on it" - sadly for him and Ram's this was increasingly rare. I agree with other posts that Crookes was erratic - no loss. 

....but can we get new players in at this late stage with better skills and application?

Yet more changes.We must have used 40 plus players and only half the season gone.

With a different team every week you are not going to win any game.That's why we are getting slaughtered every week.

Adamson bros. i thought were very good players.Changing coaches hasn't changed anything yet,and it wasn't going to.

Ned put morton to fullback at the rovers-shows he's still learning about the players,lost count of the number of stupid tries he's let in.sheff.fev and trinity spring to mind. A fans forum so soon after the last one when not a lot was divulged.

I wonder if Mark has had enough.    

This looks like clearing out the deadwood, reducing the wage bill and possibly preparing for life in Championship 1 ??? NOT a scenario we haven't encountered at the RAMS before and may be better to start the cost cutting exercise now in preparation for a tilt at a first attempt return to the Championship.............I didn't sense that Mark had had enough at all at the last Fans forum so perhaps it's a way of telling us all (or those who can be bothered to attend) what the plans are for the club going forward ??

After all, there's been enough criticism on here about lack of communication from the club........... Was never like this when Tom Clark was secretary.....................:sleep:

1 hour ago, silcoates said:

Yet more changes.We must have used 40 plus players and only half the season gone.

With a different team every week you are not going to win any game.That's why we are getting slaughtered every week.

Adamson bros. i thought were very good players.Changing coaches hasn't changed anything yet,and it wasn't going to.

Ned put morton to fullback at the rovers-shows he's still learning about the players,lost count of the number of stupid tries he's let in.sheff.fev and trinity spring to mind. A fans forum so soon after the last one when not a lot was divulged.

I wonder if Mark has had enough.    

Agenda?

Morton has played full back previously when the other options were unavailable - you must have missed those games. Defending as a winger and as a full back are entirely different. Add to that Morton is one of the bravest and willing players we have had, and I can't see where your criticisms are coming from.

Luke Adamson has moved on for a variety of reasons. Toby is still with us - we didn't get them as a BOGOF.

Ned is still finding his best combination, hindered considerably by injuries and the willingness of certain players to come into line.

The fans' forum is at Ned's request if I understand correctly.

4 hours ago, christheram said:

Gareth Moore in 19 man squad. Also rob spicer and jack teanby back. No wingers mind

I hear that Alex Brown has a bad knee injury - out for a couple of months, and Potts still has banged up ribs. Shame Guzdek isn't back yet but might be available for the Bradford game.

Archived