Don`t go Browny

vitocorleone

14 hours ago, Deano44 said:

as if any club in the championship would be pay that sort of money plus players, plus big salary for a 'decent' prop who has not performed this season, and in all honesty Fev are more or less nailed on a top 4 spot so why do they need to ? its not like he will be the difference of them making it to SL and not. Even Aussie half backs wouldn't command that sort of fee.

Wages have been agreed and they are a significant increase on current. KN is trying to fend off the bid, but has put a ridiculous fee of 50k on JB's head. Fev are looking to negotiate this fee downwards. All this down to Diskin's man-management unfortunately - and be warned JB will be one of a few leaving under the current coach.  

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we got 50k for every player that's not a bad return!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

3 hours ago, Old Bulldog said:

Wages have been agreed and they are a significant increase on current. KN is trying to fend off the bid, but has put a ridiculous fee of 50k on JB's head. Fev are looking to negotiate this fee downwards. All this down to Diskin's man-management unfortunately - and be warned JB will be one of a few leaving under the current coach.  

I have thought for a while that Brown has been tapped up and I did suspect Featherstone as the guilty party. To be fair if a player wants away there is nothing the club or coach can do. The said player has had off field problems and heard some rumours of a bust up with the coach in Toulouse 1st match up. If we can get a decent fee and free up some contract money it will be a decent move for both parties IMO. We need an influx of at least a couple of good players to maybe halt the alarming slide in playing standards if this season is not to end in complete disaster . Just trying to put some positives into the mix.

I am not saying anything is true but rumours around the Batley supporters are 

1, The player looks to be on the move (or wants to be) / with a fee of £50.000 on his head

2, The club talked about regarding his destination is Featherstone  (The thinking behind this  being not many championship clubs  have that sort of money /doubtful Super League clubs would be interested)

3. The player is on a two year contract.

4. Featherstone like to sign Batley players on (then give us them back or wished they had not signed them:rtfm:)

I am sure that if anything is in the pipeline it will all be above board. + if we can get £50.000 for him (rumour not me) then it would be a good deal for Batley.

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

had rather keep him to be honest but it aint my call, what would you get for £50k, thacks was money well spent for fev but look at dewsbury at the time and they needed him more. some cracking players on show at weekend for rochdale mind..:download:

44 minutes ago, Kevin Nicholas said:

Just to make it clear again we have had no financial offer for Browny and we do not want him to go to another Club anyway. Nothing more to say.

Interesting choice of words. No financial offer. No comment on the rumours that Fev have offered player swaps..........

57 minutes ago, Kevin Nicholas said:

Just to make it clear again we have had no financial offer for Browny and we do not want him to go to another Club anyway. Nothing more to say.

Tell your coach to stop putting him on naughty step and sort out the rubbish what is going on with the team that he is causing, imo of course

1 hour ago, Kevin Nicholas said:

If we don't want to sell James Brown, I am glad to hear that. James was not only an important player last season but can be an important player this year and he seems to be well liked in the dressing room by the players based on the club bar after the games. 

I understand that team selection is entirely under the control of the coach and rightfully so but the reason so many supporters are speculating over his destination is because he isn't even making the 19 yet alone the 17. This is the reason why this thread is currently 3 pages long and has nearly 4000 views on the forum at the time of writing. 

On a different topic; will there be any response from the club over allegations made by several fans over Diskin's alleged actions after the game? A number of people on the forum appear to have a similar view of what took place and obviously the severity of these claims do not need to be stressed to you. Given the number of people that have made claims it would appear an investigation should take place at least internally. Regardless of what opinion we  as supporters have over Diskin's coaching abilities he is first and foremost a representative of the club that we all love and obviously if there is any truth to such appalling claims surrounding his conduct his position is untenable.  

its 100% true, 3 generations of lady batley fans were subject to what were said, plain to see and hear at the time by at least 15 fans inc myself, shouldent have happened but lets be fair the coach should a gone weeks ago. bet we would play better if hes left at home or ale house.

5 hours ago, redditchbulldog said:

Dick turpin, Roger the dodger Simpson and cant remember t'ther one plus cash for Tommo to Bulls wasn't a bad swap

Was Hardwick & cocker (does not sound right) part of the deal

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

31 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

I've heard of a couple of departures, Brown's not of them though, and a couple of new additions before Sunday ?I reckon Brown will stay,to end of season anyway ?

Can't see anyone going. Only a few days ago Mr Chairman saying no one is going. In Kev we trust.

34 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

I've heard of a couple of departures, Brown's not of them though, and a couple of new additions before Sunday ?I reckon Brown will stay,to end of season anyway ?

Brad Hill out on loan to Oldham.

Archived