First half

Blue Pike

I thought that it was more a case of London doing to you what you did to us a couple of weeks back and just a case of one team not turning up on the day, it happens. London's win makes our game against toulouse massive, if we lose its going to be tough to make the top 4 but a win puts us in with a shout of 2nd. We need to be somewhere near with 3 games to go as I cant see us going to Fev or Toulouse and winning but expect us to beat Hull KR at home as they will likely put out a weakened team with the league won and the 8's in sight.

Watched game again this morning - often see things missed first time round. London very good, pace and power giving platform for their halves. They had great line speed and only made a couple of errors all game. 2nd best! We move on.

Highlight - few hour spent in Castle pub, full of cappers, and a DJ who should be in the telly (defo after 9.00pm mind!!!)

FEV FAN  1964 - present.

Looking at this season besides the early games in wet weather we   have struggled against the sides who play with a less structured attack ie London and Toulouse may need to have a plan B defensively against these sides. 

Me thinks top 4 is becoming less likely and maybe 3 losses to come on the trot not including the Leeds thrashing and Bradford with everybody queuing up to help them as usual will also beat us unless we stop 

1/ dropping the ball

2/ learn to defend our line better against grubber kicks

3/ stop giving away lots of penalties

4/ Use our strengths which is get the ball out to the wingers instead of plodding down the middle all the time

5/ For christ's sake drop some of the players who are just not performing or constantly making errors like you know who yesterday a player no matter how good should not be playing anyway after being caught cheating

6/ Learn to catch the ball from kick offs as any good under 11s do

Big bash my ass only ones getting bashed is Fev every year let us all hope we can recover and regroup then move forward and send the reserve team if we had one to the big thrash next year

We cannot blame the ref or the weather for yesterdays thumping simply a case of no leadership or direction on the field with many players brains on a different planet and some of our so called stars just not up for it. If only we had got the Leeds contingent who are playing for Bradford it may have been a bit different

Only two positives firstly Davies again trying his heart out pity we have not got another dozen like him but the other positive is our players have not put themselves in the shop window except Davies who will possibly go should we not qualify for the top 4.

I am not a fortune teller, but I am slowly forming the opinion that we are a top rate team on our home turf, but mediocre at best, away from home. I guess that a few other fans have a similar opinion, looking through the comments such as "when we get the home fans behind us at home etc".

23 minutes ago, saddleworth said:

I am not a fortune teller, but I am slowly forming the opinion that we are a top rate team on our home turf, but mediocre at best, away from home. I guess that a few other fans have a similar opinion, looking through the comments such as "when we get the home fans behind us at home etc".

Don't agree with this - we have been moderate or poor on several occasions at home this year (Oldham, Rochdale, Sheffield, first half v Toulouse) and produced some of our better efforts away (Hull KR, Batley, and one or two others too).

To put our defeat into perspective and looking at the big picture you could be a Reading fan and have missed out on 160 million pound on not reaching the Premiership.It makes our defeat look miniscual.I am over it now bring on Hull Kr.

On ‎28‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 2:07 PM, eltel said:

Me thinks top 4 is becoming less likely and maybe 3 losses to come on the trot not including the Leeds thrashing and Bradford with everybody queuing up to help them as usual will also beat us unless we stop 

1/ dropping the ball

2/ learn to defend our line better against grubber kicks

3/ stop giving away lots of penalties

4/ Use our strengths which is get the ball out to the wingers instead of plodding down the middle all the time

5/ For christ's sake drop some of the players who are just not performing or constantly making errors like you know who yesterday a player no matter how good should not be playing anyway after being caught cheating

6/ Learn to catch the ball from kick offs as any good under 11s do

Big bash my ass only ones getting bashed is Fev every year let us all hope we can recover and regroup then move forward and send the reserve team if we had one to the big thrash next year

We cannot blame the ref or the weather for yesterdays thumping simply a case of no leadership or direction on the field with many players brains on a different planet and some of our so called stars just not up for it. If only we had got the Leeds contingent who are playing for Bradford it may have been a bit different

Only two positives firstly Davies again trying his heart out pity we have not got another dozen like him but the other positive is our players have not put themselves in the shop window except Davies who will possibly go should we not qualify for the top 4.

Apart from Rochdale they've only lost to Top 4 teams. True they have a weakness against kicks but Barthau was exceptional in that department on Saturday, and grubber kicks to the in-goal are a down side of having a high defensive line which is amongst the best in the Championship. You could employ someone as a sweeper but it could give the opposition an overlap. For me the players who made the most mistakes, Briscoe and Lockwood, have been outstanding until now and would be among the first on the team sheet. Maybe Briscoe wasn't fully fit and the gamble didn't come off, but he will pay us back with credit by the end of the season.

There's only 5 sides in it for the Top 4 and Fev will be underdogs next Sunday, but so will Fax! If it comes down to a straight fight between Fev and Fax I think we have the edge over them, but can the other sides be as resilient as Fev if key players get injured?

I would normally say forget it and move on, but I have a feeling that Hull KR could suffer the backlash!

9 hours ago, saddleworth said:

Ok!. So we are nowt sparkling home or away on present form.

9 hours ago, saddleworth said:

Ok!. So we are nowt sparkling home or away on present form.

Maybe. But since we beat Dews away we've had an injury and suspension nightmare and come through it pretty well. Saturday apart we only lost to HKR during that period (where we still did ok). What I would say is that this season we only seem to do just enough and I can't recall an intense 80 minute performance. When teams have surprised us and (arguably) punched above their weight we've had no answer / plan B. Personally after this weekend I am no less convinced that we have the ability to achieve all our aims this season but we might need a change in approach and a bit more luck on the injury front.

Archived