Swinton

Stevos Barber

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the plus side and totally unrelated, I went to the o2ritz to try and get a ticket of a tout to see Liam Gallagher, I failed. I just watched Clint Boon go on when this young lad with his mum said do you want a ticket, you can have it for free so me and my wife got in to see Liam Gallagher for free. 

I was looking at Warner Bros website and the lads picture popped up and it was Lukas Graham. No idea who he is and so I showed my teenage daughters his pic and they went into meltdown 

So there you go. Even washed up rugby players get some luck 

Yes I was bloody lucky, I put it down to the same luck hornets got with they 8 point try

I bet CH is over the moon , no travel expenses next season to go to Toronto or Toulouse ha ha ha . . .  everyone knows what the problem is, but we (or those that are still alive at the time ) may have to wait another 20 years or more before anything will change 

20447_346989162151_776477151_4748963_7475038_s.jpg

1 minute ago, Roughyedz said:

I bet CH is over the moon , no travel expenses next season to go to Toronto or Toulouse ha ha ha . . .  everyone knows what the problem is, but we (or those that are still alive at the time ) may have to wait another 20 years or more before anything will change 

Aren't travel expenses abroad covered by the RFL?.Not sticking up for the club or the abhorrent performance.

I made the effort to go, pitty 95%of the team didn't 

The performance was an oh dear oh dear shaking my head in disbelief 

Leaving out Sammy Gee was just stupid and then having the bench as 4 forwards was strange and to cap this grimmer went off injured in the first 20 minutes. The game plan doesn't work for the players who are in key positions. 

All I ask for is a team that gives 100% and plays what's in front of them. If they lost then I would be fine with it 

That's was the worst performance of the season 

I feel like the fans make the effort so should the team 

sun. 11th june hull kr home

sun.18th  .....   Halifax home

wed 21st  .....   dewsbury home

sun. 25th  .....   Bradford   away

sun. 2nd  july    Toulouse  home

sun. 9th   .....     Featherstone home

sun. i16th .....     Sheffield   away

sun. 23rd  .....    Rochdale home

do you think the last rites are in order ?.

33 minutes ago, tandle said:

sun. 11th june hull kr home

sun.18th  .....   Halifax home

wed 21st  .....   dewsbury home

sun. 25th  .....   Bradford   away

sun. 2nd  july    Toulouse  home

sun. 9th   .....     Featherstone home

sun. i16th .....     Sheffield   away

sun. 23rd  .....    Rochdale home

do you think the last rites are in order ?.

I was going to saw possibly one win against Dewsbury . .but they beat Bradford .  so I will say no more wins this season . .  Roll on the next 20 years. 

Where are all the ROSE TINTED GLASSES brigade ? ? I'm sure we will all feel better once they have all started posting the POSITIVE aspects . . ? ? 

1 hour ago, moorside roughyed said:

Aren't travel expenses abroad covered by the RFL?.Not sticking up for the club or the abhorrent performance.

It was touge in cheek mate, u can't be serious with this Clown CH running the Club 

No rose tinted glasses from me, no desire, no heart and no winning pay

I can't see a victory if we play like we have done in may and at the start of June 

Something needs to change that starts at the top. 

Look at what Swinton have off  field their set up and look at what we have, we have a crappie porta cabin with ch and his secretary 

I can take losing but when the guys show no guts then I question why should I bother. 

Ffs we are in a bad place at the minute,nobody remember the 9/10 game losing streak last season and we still stayed up?

What do people expect? Top 4? We are a small club with a small budget doing it tough at the moment,I agree that certain players don't seem to be on the game at the moment but what can we do?

The lads don't go out to have a bad game,confidence is low,probably the lowest I have seen for a while. Trust me the lads are trying,it's just not happening at the moment. It will change but half this messageboard would celebrate if we got relegated.

It's time that all Oldham fans got behind the team and helped them through this bad spell,bet half of the doubters were celebrating when we won promotion? Support your club through the good and bad times. Some of the ###### that's spouted on here from armchair fans is sickening.

Sorry to offend anyone,but we who go week in week out suffer more than most,yet still get behind our side. If that's rose tinted then so be it.

I watched the first halve of the Toronto v Coventry game last night the first halve display by Coventry was a joy to watch. if a team of so called cannon fodder can tackle and throw the ball about like they did why cant we. if we do drop down to champ 1 I for will one  definitely not see Oldham in the championship again Manchester rangers anyone. 

In all of Naylor's 4 and half years at the club one thing you couldn't fault was the team spirit and togetherness,but for some reason this last month or so it's gone. Why,? Something not right at the club. Needs fixing and fast because if we go down then that will be the end of our club. Get it sorted Hamilton NOW!

It might be stating the obvious,but one thing is for certain - on current form,we WILL be relegated.

For much of the first half there was nothing between the two teams.Our tackling was an improvement on recent games,but yet again,with ball in hand,we were absolutely clueless. Once they scored their first try off a Lippy error,the writing was on the wall.

Although we came out for the second half with a bit more fire in our bellies,we still didn't look like scoring,until Lippy scooted in late on.We still shipped two more tries to a side,that,despite being inconvenienced with injuries during the game,still had the desire and skill to take the points.

Yet again our halves were woeful.Owen had another shocker (why was Sammy not playing instead of carrying the water on?!) The new lad from Batley looked unfit and is no better than what we've got. Davies not selected yet again,and no sign of Chisolm.

Things are not right,on and off the pitch. Confidence must surely be very low,but where is the team spirit? As usual,Adam Clay,Lippy,George,Wardy and Adam Neal put in a shift,but we need that same commitment from 1-17.

Something radical needs to be done,and quickly. If Grimmer is out injured,that limits our options in the halves - but even if fit,Scott seems reluctant to even try him at 6. If our halves and hooker are not functioning,we will not score enough points to win games. 5 drives and a kick is not only boring,but it hasn't produced any results lately. We need to find some new blood,either on loan(preferably) or on DR,or we are going down.

Coming away from the ground,I have never seen so many despondent Roughyeds. I hate to say it,but if we don't halt the slide and go down,I think it will be the end of the club.

Can anyone give me something to cheer me ? Can anyone see a light at the end of the tunnel?

Archived