Swinton

Stevos Barber

On 6/4/2017 at 7:02 PM, herbie said:

Cant believe that people use the phrase "small club" as an excuse!

Oldham should never have been put in the position to be referred to as a small club!

Such a  waste of 20 years.

yep and another 20 years of it until theres a new Owner / Chairman im afraid ........ Still surprised that nobody has come on here yet ranting about all the good things to have come out of the weekend ????? OR have "they all at last seen the main problem"

20447_346989162151_776477151_4748963_7475038_s.jpg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't see the chairman knock on or spill the ball in the tackle. Likewise I didn't see his lack of creativity at getting us around the pitch. 

It's obviously a morale issue imo. Let's be honest we've had spanner leave in the last week to be replaced by a new assistant. Any new ideas he brings will take time to implement. 

I hope to see them play without fear and have a real crack at K.R

34 minutes ago, Roughyedz said:

yep and another 20 years of it until theres a new Owner / Chairman im afraid ........ Still surprised that nobody has come on here yet ranting about all the good things to have come out of the weekend ????? OR have "they all at last seen the main problem"

Change the bloody record. If it wasn't for Chris, there would be no club.

Why don't you put your money where your mouth is and buy him out if you feel so strongly about things? Dead easy to snipe from the sidelines, but as the man says above, Chris isn't dropping the ball, conceding penalities or playing "one man up the middle".

Think you need to take a long look at both yourself and your reasons for coming on here. Do you think the drivel that you write helps matters?

Went to the game yesterday and if its any consolation it was possibly our most complete performance of the season. I thought your forwards ran hard and with purpose but there was very little creativity anywhere else. We got lucky with our first try but that sort of luck has been long overdue. Your centre really butchered a chance right before half-time which might have made the second half a little more even. I personally don't think you will go down and if any of the rumours are to be believed Bradford will also get a reprieve thanks to the corrupt RFL. Good luck for the rest of the season and i can't wait for our next meeting in the bottom 8's or whatever it's called,so long as it's at Heywwod Rd

It's not ch, it's either the coach or the player's, so it's simple we either get rid of the coach or the player's who won't listen to his tactics get rid, we need a scrum half a good one who's been around a while with a old head, example houghy or sinfield, but it needs to happen now not at the end of the season, go down and we would struggle to get back up look at the two cumbrian teams they're not on fire 

Ch signs the players after being told who the coach wants, then for me the blame lies at the feet of the coach 

Why sign Davies and Chisholm if you won't pick them

Both are good players and maybe a better bet than loan players and dual register 

Tyson is running on one leg and I still see us in the bottom league again. 

At least when we lost all the games in a season the players tried

Thought my last post would bring the Rose tinrmtd boys out . Lol . . Ha ha ha 

CH is the owner and Chairman , that's where the buck stops. He signs the Coach and the players, in short he does EVERYTHING , so really only one person to blame in last 20 years  Crowds are at minimal level around the 600 or 700 mark , no home ground in town . .   One Man Organisation . .  

20447_346989162151_776477151_4748963_7475038_s.jpg

If we were being thrashed every game I can accept that but we're not. Look at Blackpool, who surrenders a lead like that,we we're also doing OK in the Batley game until half.The team are capable, but for some unknown reason, their not doing it. That's what's winding me up,in any sport pro,semi pro or amateur you play to win,otherwise what's the point. If theirs a problem between the coaching staff and the dressing room they need to sit down and thrash it out whatever that problem may be.I really think we are on shaky ground here.

Lepori-4 tackles. 3 misses. 6 tackle busts. 2 clean breaks. 19 carries=203m

Clay-3 tackles. one miss. one tackle bust. 21 carries=171m

Tyson-10 tackles. 4 offloads. 2 tackle busts. one clean break. 12 carries=122m

Grimshaw-4 tackles. one miss. 3 carries=20m

Turner-7 tackles. 2 misses. 3 tackle busts. 16 carries=105m

Leatherbarrow-19 tackles. one miss. 2 tackle busts. 2 carries=7m

Hewitt-16 tackles. 1 carry=0m

Spencer-32 tackles. one tackle bust. 15 carries=101m

Hughes-31 tackles. 2 misses. one tackle bust. 5 carries=16m

Neal-27 tackles. 3 misses. one tackle bust. 19 carries=138m

Adamson-20 tackles. one offload. one tackle bust. 12 carries=88m

Langtree-31 tackles. 3 offloads. one tackle bust. one clean break. 12 carries=94m

Thompson-25 tackles. one miss. 2 offloads. 11 carries=71m

Ward-21 tackles. one tackle bust. one clean break. 15 carries=113m

Owen-29 tackles. 2 misses. one tackle bust. 6 carries=38m

Bent-34 tackles. one miss. 8 carries=45m

Hill-7 tackles. 4 carries=33m

17 minutes ago, m brooksy said:

Lepori-4 tackles. 3 misses. 6 tackle busts. 2 clean breaks. 19 carries=203m

Clay-3 tackles. one miss. one tackle bust. 21 carries=171m

Tyson-10 tackles. 4 offloads. 2 tackle busts. one clean break. 12 carries=122m

Grimshaw-4 tackles. one miss. 3 carries=20m

Turner-7 tackles. 2 misses. 3 tackle busts. 16 carries=105m

Leatherbarrow-19 tackles. one miss. 2 tackle busts. 2 carries=7m

Hewitt-16 tackles. 1 carry=0m

Spencer-32 tackles. one tackle bust. 15 carries=101m

Hughes-31 tackles. 2 misses. one tackle bust. 5 carries=16m

Neal-27 tackles. 3 misses. one tackle bust. 19 carries=138m

Adamson-20 tackles. one offload. one tackle bust. 12 carries=88m

Langtree-31 tackles. 3 offloads. one tackle bust. one clean break. 12 carries=94m

Thompson-25 tackles. one miss. 2 offloads. 11 carries=71m

Ward-21 tackles. one tackle bust. one clean break. 15 carries=113m

Owen-29 tackles. 2 misses. one tackle bust. 6 carries=38m

Bent-34 tackles. one miss. 8 carries=45m

Hill-7 tackles. 4 carries=33m

Thanks again for these stats Brooksy. 

For a scrum half to make no ground there is something drastically wrong. It's either with him, which I doubt, or him playing to a game plan which is not working.

Give him his head and let him do what he does best and that's attacking the line.

1 hour ago, jroyales said:

For a scrum half to make no ground there is something drastically wrong. It's either with him, which I doubt, or him playing to a game plan which is not working.

Give him his head and let him do what he does best and that's attacking the line.

Pretty sure when he first came from Sheffield on loan he played with freedom and took on the line. If he has been told to just ship the ball across and not trusted to play his game then no wonder he's struggling for confidence. 

Scott and Hewitt both need to rediscover their kicking games that caused teams issues early in the season.. 

I am concerned neither half back is taking the ball to the line and so allowing the defensive line to slide over all the time. They need to commit defenders and then have their runners in support. And agree that their kicking game isn't as good as earlier in the campaign, probably confidence! 

2 minutes ago, chiefgeneral said:

Surely Naylor has some contacts within the game to do a few attacking sessions with as a favour. Paul Deacon or Henry Paul come to mind 

Paul  Anderson 

Archived