Diskin poll

Diskin stay or go?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Time for an updated opinion poll

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

May 4th 2014 Buford T Justice re John Kear

"General consensus from most fans that hes lost the dressing room.

Judging by body language of the team not a bad shout.

We went back to basics today and were worse then ever. And if he says hes had the players in for a hear to heart AGAIN this week ill lose the will to live.

Weve been poor all season and are getting gradually worse - Dewsbury and today were reminiscent of the end of the Thornton era - 

get rid of him now and see if we can save our season and stay up.

We have nothing to lose - bottom 5 is a certainty if he stays.

Ready for the optimists to shoot me down but king kear has lost it Imo."

For when the one great scorer comes to mark against your name he writes not if you won or lost but how you played the game.

6 hours ago, Dog Faced Gremlin said:

May 4th 2014 Buford T Justice re John Kear

"General consensus from most fans that hes lost the dressing room.

Judging by body language of the team not a bad shout.

We went back to basics today and were worse then ever. And if he says hes had the players in for a hear to heart AGAIN this week ill lose the will to live.

Weve been poor all season and are getting gradually worse - Dewsbury and today were reminiscent of the end of the Thornton era - 

get rid of him now and see if we can save our season and stay up.

We have nothing to lose - bottom 5 is a certainty if he stays.

Ready for the optimists to shoot me down but king kear has lost it Imo."

And that was my opinion at the time - we stayed up that year by default and deserved to go down. He turned it round last season when he was given a bit of money to spend, a fraction of what diskin has had.

the fans are en mass in wanting rid of Diskin, this isnt a minority here, there arent many wanting him to stay.

whats your point?

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

2 minutes ago, Supertyke said:

Can we please add the option "I refuse to take part in this witch hunt" ?

No, but i should have added one in about not watching games so shouldnt really be commenting?

amazing how now its public some people wont pin their colours to the mast for fear of looking silly as theres a lot of fans who say one thing on the internet and another to fans in person.

least im open and honest in my views.

Just now, buford t justice said:

No, but i should have added one in about not watching games so shouldnt really be commenting?

I don't see how I have to watch games to realise that this is turning into a witch hunt...

5 minutes ago, Supertyke said:

I don't see how I have to watch games to realise that this is turning into a witch hunt...

The fact you think its a witch hunt means you have a complete lack of understanding of the feelings of the majority of the fan base.

maybe its time you changed that website name to Bulldogs listen as youre not hearing the talk.

Bulldogs listen - oh the irony.

I don't watch batley.... bit I do have a soft spot for them. It's a results based business and diskin is having a woeful season. Lots of tangibles to the hapless Bastian. He really needs to go but I reckon he'll ride it out until forced out.

Quick question. When does a growing opinion of dissatisfaction and vocal opinion due to circumstance become a witch hunt?

2 minutes ago, buford t justice said:

The fact you think its a witch hunt means you have a complete lack of understanding of the feelings of the majority of the fan base.

maybe its time you changed that website name to Bulldogs listen as youre not hearing the talk.

Bulldogs listen - oh the irony.

You mean the website you've never been to by the bloke you've never heard of? Now, that's what I call irony mate!

I fail to see though how the feelings of a dozen or so people on this forum are necessarily representative of the feelings of the whole fan base. there is a life outside this forum you know, and also a life outside of Facebook. The point I am making about a witch hunt is very valid, even if you don't accept it.

Note also that I am not commenting on the abilities of MD on here. Now if I did that, you would indeed have a point with your smug remarks. As far as this is concerned, I am sure that KN will take appropriate action when and/or as he sees fit.

5 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Quick question. When does a growing opinion of dissatisfaction and vocal opinion due to circumstance become a witch hunt?

When it dominates the whole forum on multiple threads.
When the Chairman is called a liar, arrogant, obstinate
When people accuse the coach of certain misdeamours (that may or may not be true) without providing concrete first hand evidence
When criticism is no  longer constructive, but just a baying for blood...

7 minutes ago, Supertyke said:

You mean the website you've never been to by the bloke you've never heard of? Now, that's what I call irony mate!

I fail to see though how the feelings of a dozen or so people on this forum are necessarily representative of the feelings of the whole fan base. there is a life outside this forum you know, and also a life outside of Facebook. The point I am making about a witch hunt is very valid, even if you don't accept it.

Note also that I am not commenting on the abilities of MD on here. Now if I did that, you would indeed have a point with your smug remarks. As far as this is concerned, I am sure that KN will take appropriate action when and/or as he sees fit.

You mentioned it enough times after i said id never heard of it i had no choice. 

It does amuse me how you keep bringing that up, and id never given it a second thought.

Get back to the topic in hand.

its not a witch huny, its a growing number of PAYING CUSTOMERS who are disillusioned and fed up.

5 minutes ago, Supertyke said:

When it dominates the whole forum on multiple threads.
When the Chairman is called a liar, arrogant, obstinate
When people accuse the coach of certain misdeamours (that may or may not be true) without providing concrete first hand evidence
When criticism is no  longer constructive, but just a baying for blood...

Surely this highlights theres a huge problem then?

Lets all forget about it then and talk about all the positives at the mo........

I'm not sure if the club has the nous to realise when something isn't working. Gary Thornton's regime didn't work for years, and even when he offered his resignation - with the club on the brink of relegation, he was begged to stay. 

In terms of the current issues, that worries me.

BTJ, I totally respect your opinion, and happen to agree with you  regarding the scenario unfolding of the fallout from the  mistake in appointing the inexperienced Diskin. I am sure the Club are now fully aware of how supporters on this forum and away from this forum feel about the situation, which has been compounded by Diskin verbally abusing supporters at Blackpool last Sunday. Unfortunately I do not think any additional polls will influence the situation. 

It will be interesting to see how far Kevin Nicholas allows this sorry scenario to deteriorate, as unfortunately an 84% shareholding allows him that privilege. 

.......let's see what the weekend brings, following the 'swapsie' of the talented Macaulay Hallett  for Diskin's former Bulls buddy Jason Crookes.

I feel perfectly comfortable placing my public vote on a fans forum about Batley RLFC in making an assessment of whether or not I think a coach is up to the job. There's no witch hunt here, merely an educated, personal assessment of where we are at. I've already stated a number of times that I sincerely hope to be proven wrong and that the coach pulls this one round. I think that's fair enough personally.

That said, when supporters turn abusive, it's time to recognise how inappropriate and unsupportive that is to the club. I'd hate to think the fans began dishing out verbal abuse to the coach on match day as that would be wholly unacceptable. Imagine if the coach had done the same in reverse; he'd be sacked on the spot if proven...

Board clearly happy with situation. Haven't called on fans accusing coach of using foul language at them to submit evidence so that's ok with them then. It's ok with them that the club's standing is being holed below the waterline. It's ok with them that players are at loggerheads with the coach.  It's ok with them that their income from matchdays is in danger. How many of the current squad are going to want to re-sign for next year as they see relationships break down? Will it register with the board? Questions? Answers? Brush offs? Poll pointless as it will carry no weight. Maybe by the end of the 8's when we've finally failed miserably....mmm

2 minutes ago, phildog said:

Board clearly happy with situation. Haven't called on fans accusing coach of using foul language at them to submit evidence so that's ok with them then. It's ok with them that the club's standing is being holed below the waterline. It's ok with them that players are at loggerheads with the coach.  It's ok with them that their income from matchdays is in danger. How many of the current squad are going to want to re-sign for next year as they see relationships break down? Will it register with the board? Questions? Answers? Brush offs? Poll pointless as it will carry no weight. Maybe by the end of the 8's when we've finally failed miserably....mmm

To be fair, the board are not happy. Also, we aren't party to much of the information that they have available to them. That doesn't change the fact that many of us still don't think MD is the right man for the job. 

26 minutes ago, Bulldog Days said:

BTJ, I totally respect your opinion, and happen to agree with you  regarding the scenario unfolding of the fallout from the  mistake in appointing the inexperienced Diskin. I am sure the Club are now fully aware of how supporters on this forum and away from this forum feel about the situation, which has been compounded by Diskin verbally abusing supporters at Blackpool last Sunday. Unfortunately I do not think any additional polls will influence the situation. 

It will be interesting to see how far Kevin Nicholas allows this sorry scenario to deteriorate, as unfortunately an 84% shareholding allows him that privilege. 

.......let's see what the weekend brings, following the 'swapsie' of the talented Macaulay Hallett  for Diskin's former Bulls buddy Jason Crookes.

I completely agree, but as a supporter of well over 30 years i have to say ive never known such a revolt amongst the supporters and my love for this club and my consumer rights compel me to continue to make waves until someone listens.

I've always been told from a young age to stand up for what you believe in and fight for what is right. This is no longer a minority of supporters 'rabble rousing' the majority of fans are now demanding change.

The worrying thing is, the more supporters speak out, the more they are ostracised by the powers that be and those who still blindly refuse to admit thigs are wrong so as not to lose favour with people.

I'd love nothing more than to be proved wrong, but lets face it, this is arguably the worst season in a long long time, and deep down from the supporters to the coach to the car park attendant, we all know this isnt working - we all love the club and are at war with each other over it, yet everyone knows what needs to be done.

IMO though its beyond the bad performances now, we have a coach who openly swore at paying customers and there were children present, and the board havent even addressed the issue. So much for a family club. The coach is a disgrace and needs to go for that incident alone, but it seems we condone this behaviour.

5 minutes ago, buford t justice said:

I completely agree, but as a supporter of well over 30 years i have to say ive never known such a revolt amongst the supporters and my love for this club and my consumer rights compel me to continue to make waves until someone listens.

I've always been told from a young age to stand up for what you believe in and fight for what is right. This is no longer a minority of supporters 'rabble rousing' the majority of fans are now demanding change.

The worrying thing is, the more supporters speak out, the more they are ostracised by the powers that be and those who still blindly refuse to admit thigs are wrong so as not to lose favour with people.

I'd love nothing more than to be proved wrong, but lets face it, this is arguably the worst season in a long long time, and deep down from the supporters to the coach to the car park attendant, we all know this isnt working - we all love the club and are at war with each other over it, yet everyone knows what needs to be done.

Absolutely BTJ. The levels of frustration amongst true supporters due to the 'do nothing' strategy of Kevin Nicholas is unprecedented in our recent history, as a failing Coach is allowed to rip out the heart and soul of the Club.

1 hour ago, Tony F said:

I'm not sure if the club has the nous to realise when something isn't working. Gary Thornton's regime didn't work for years, and even when he offered his resignation - with the club on the brink of relegation, he was begged to stay. 

In terms of the current issues, that worries me.

Was this the first time that Batley have had a recruiting exercise in relation to appointing a coach?  Going back we always seemed to appoint from within, then after GT Karl came up to do us a favour for a few weeks and fell in love with the place followed by JK being appointed following a chance conversation between the kit men of Dogs and Trinity.

6 minutes ago, fredm said:

Was this the first time that Batley have had a recruiting exercise in relation to appointing a coach?  Going back we always seemed to appoint from within, then after GT Karl came up to do us a favour for a few weeks and fell in love with the place followed by JK being appointed following a chance conversation between the kit men of Dogs and Trinity.

I think that is certainly the case Fred. I am also led to believe that John Kear 's recommendation was to appoint Andy Hay, ex Assistant Coach at Castleford, Hull, and Salford, and former Fev Coach. 

46 minutes ago, Northern Eel said:

To be fair, the board are not happy. Also, we aren't party to much of the information that they have available to them. That doesn't change the fact that many of us still don't think MD is the right man for the job. 

If the Board are unhappy, then what does it take for them to take control of the situation and start making decisions? What additional information do they have that would form the strategy of 'our action is no action'?

9 minutes ago, Bulldog Days said:

If the Board are unhappy, then what does it take for them to take control of the situation and start making decisions? What additional information do they have that would form the strategy of 'our action is no action'?

If you think that you are privy to the personal discussions between players, coaches and the board and the issues this might evoke, it diminishes what so far have been excellently balanced posts on this whole topic. 

Let's be right here; whilst our views are perfectly valid, there is a wealth of inside information about the dynamics of the coaching staff and the players that we simply do not have at our disposal.

What we DO agree on is that what is happening on the pitch is unacceptable. This leads us fans to the conclusion that the coach must go. It is the conclusion many would reach given the information we have to hand. All I am saying is that the club would have acted much sooner if it was as cut and dry as you present it. It's only a suggestion, but nonetheless a possibility.

Archived