How good is this?

It's getting a lot of shares on the Toronto side; one of those articles which makes you proud to be a part of the Rugby League family.  You guys did an awesome job, thanks for helping spread the game over here!

Bearman you are back on...finally recovered from the trip?

Glad that you are back on...I bet the lads are flying high...you really stuck it to us for awhile...a wonderful effort by all involved!  What a blast at the bar but couldn't find you to say so long (TOOOOOO 'PACK'd IN).

All The Best To You And Yours!

Just now, Bearman said:

37 minutes ago, Bearman said:

Still in Toronto drinking with Fuifui and the Wolfpack gang whilst waiting for the plane!!

The things you have to suffer for rugby league ;) safe travels mate.

Just now, Bearman said:

Still in Toronto drinking with Fuifui and the Wolfpack gang whilst waiting for the plane!!

You mean you are still in Toronto right now ?...If you're talking to Fui Fui tell him all of my students loved our picture together...they clearly thought I was the best looking...still wearing the Bears cap on my nightly bushwalk with the dog.

Does your Vias say you're allowed to stay this long...is this some backdoor attempt for citizenship?

9 hours ago, Kayakman said:

You mean you are still in Toronto right now ?...If you're talking to Fui Fui tell him all of my students loved our picture together...they clearly thought I was the best looking...still wearing the Bears cap on my nightly bushwalk with the dog.

Does your Vias say you're allowed to stay this long...is this some backdoor attempt for citizenship?

The RFL had booked us on the wrong flights. They had us and the match officials down for Monday instead of Sunday

They squeezed the MO`s onto the Sundayflight but we had to fly Monday on the redeye. Landed 10.30 am we have just got on the bus at Gatwick.

An RFL ccok up, who`d a thunk it?

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Great read. How anyone can think this will fail is beyond me. They have the right backing, right people in place at the moment. If they are to progress in the next couple of years I personally think Rowley will need replacing with someone who can attract the bigger names, which is what the fans will come to expect there. Also his tactics of rough everyone and everything in sight up has shown at Leigh when it came to the crunch wont work as they progress up the ladder.

I think its fantastic long may it continue

8 minutes ago, thepimp007 said:

Great read. How anyone can think this will fail is beyond me. They have the right backing, right people in place at the moment. If they are to progress in the next couple of years I personally think Rowley will need replacing with someone who can attract the bigger names, which is what the fans will come to expect there. Also his tactics of rough everyone and everything in sight up has shown at Leigh when it came to the crunch wont work as they progress up the ladder.

Exspanding into new areas is not easy.  To a certain extent you need two of money, luck and expertise.  To expand well and establish quickly, you will need all three.

What TWP are setting out to do is unprecedented and will require all three.  Recruitment for Super League will be difficult as, by definition, there are limited players at that level (if someone can explain this to Parky, I would be grateful).  They might have difficulty with a particular position, such as prop, that would weaken their squad.  This does not detract from what they are achieved and I personally have great faith in what is possible.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

1 hour ago, Bob8 said:

Exspanding into new areas is not easy.  To a certain extent you need two of money, luck and expertise.  To expand well and establish quickly, you will need all three.

What TWP are setting out to do is unprecedented and will require all three.  Recruitment for Super League will be difficult as, by definition, there are limited players at that level (if someone can explain this to Parky, I would be grateful).  They might have difficulty with a particular position, such as prop, that would weaken their squad.  This does not detract from what they are achieved and I personally have great faith in what is possible.

Totally agree which was my point on Rowley, they will need someone with the pull to make them choose them over clubs who are part of the furniture and (hopefully) guaranteed to still be about

This stuff doesn't get into the media by accident. It is the result of months of hard work, branding, keeping on message and providing accessibility to the club and its playing staff. Toronto Wolfpack has broken down so many barriers in such a short space of time. That alone deserves huge respect.

• 1 month later...
On 6/6/2017 at 7:08 AM, thepimp007 said:

Just out of curiosity (as pretty new to rugby) but why do you think that Rowley won't be able to attract big names in the future?

Every time we have an interview with him, he always talks about not only getting the best player, but the best person as being more important. It worked for us to get Quinn and I think it may have a good amount of pull / draw for new players in the upcoming years.

I think he is trying to build the team the right way..  it's not going out for pints with the boys that builds the team, it's the incredible hard work that they put it that allows them to bond and then celebrate with pints with each other (and with the fans) :)

Wolfcast Toronto
https://twitter.com/wolfcastto

On 07/06/2017 at 0:44 AM, Evil Homer said:

Wolfpack feature on CTV News

Two things occur about this and the article above : first of all when people feel inclined to dismiss TWP what are they seeing if not something successful and well worth celebrating? And secondly TWP have already received more minutes TV coverage on a news programme than well established SL clubs in their own local areas and probably more than SL on BBC the weekend after a round. What will they bring to the party? A damn sight more than what's on offer at present, that's for sure!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

1 minute ago, Saint 1 said:

He's not really got a high-level coaching reputation, having never coached in Super League. He's never done any coaching in the NRL, nor internationally, nor did he get Leigh promoted in 2015. As much as the Toronto concept may attract big names, Rowley isn't a coach that would attract big name players compared to people like Daryll Powell.

Didn't know that and I have some research to do in regards to Daryll Powell.  What about attracting players like Ryan Brierley. I see it as trying to build the club for the future years. Certainly don't believe that Ryan would have left a team like Huddersfield for a lower tier team without some big promises for the future. (perhaps it was money that attracted him to Toronto?)

Wolfcast Toronto
https://twitter.com/wolfcastto

3 minutes ago, wolfcastto said:

Didn't know that and I have some research to do in regards to Daryll Powell.  What about attracting players like Ryan Brierley. I see it as trying to build the club for the future years. Certainly don't believe that Ryan would have left a team like Huddersfield for a lower tier team without some big promises for the future. (perhaps it was money that attracted him to Toronto?)

He's right about Rowley not being a big draw for prospective signings, but I dont think its too much of an issue. Toronto as a concept is enough of a draw for players without needing a big name coach in charge.

Brierly was a very good signing at this stage in Toronto's development, but he isnt really a star of the game. He was a guy who really excelled at Championship level but was fairly mediocre when he made the step up to Super League. A few years down the line when you are looking at International standard players and guys with state of origin experience you need a coach who these guys will respect, and alot of them have probably never heard of him.

7 minutes ago, MZH said:

He's right about Rowley not being a big draw for prospective signings, but I dont think its too much of an issue. Toronto as a concept is enough of a draw for players without needing a big name coach in charge.

Brierly was a very good signing at this stage in Toronto's development, but he isnt really a star of the game. He was a guy who really excelled at Championship level but was fairly mediocre when he made the step up to Super League. A few years down the line when you are looking at International standard players and guys with state of origin experience you need a coach who these guys will respect, and alot of them have probably never heard of him.

Agree with that to some extent. He hasn't proved himself at the highest level consistently but he is one hell of an exciting player with ball in hand.

11 minutes ago, Saint 1 said:

but I struggle to imagine many Super League or NRL players really excited about the idea of playing under a coach who has never coached at that level.

Yes but for Powell this has only recently become the case. And it's more the level they've had to play at than any influence the name of the coach might have. Next season more big name will come because Eric's building it!

I also think it's a bit odd to talk in this way because under him Leigh did very well and played some great rugby which plenty of coaches in SL can't say.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Archived