• Dewsbury
    • Oldham
    • Rochdale
    • Swinton

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know, I think we'll be alright.  

Risking the Trumpesque accusation of being a Rose tinrmtd boy (my emphasis), sport can be about peaks and troughs. Sure we're in a hole at the moment (according to Scott Leatherbarrow) but it's only a few weeks since we beat Bradford and Swinton and then that comeback versus Dewsbury.  

Swinton and Rochdale may be finding a bit of form but the teams in the lower half of the league aren't a million miles away from each other in terms of ability.

My hope is that whatever is the cause of the current poor form can be ironed out and then we're just one win away from more scenes to match that Gill try at the end of the Bulls game.

I am nervous about Bradford.  All they need do is pull their socks up and then they'll start gnawing away at the difference between us and them.  I can't make the game at Odsal but it's going to be a proper four pointer and the Bulls are beatable; we just need to find our own form before we go there.

I'm going to put my neck out and say that Bulls will go down, narrowly and they'll be joined by the other team that doesn't go the distance.   That could be us, Swinton, Dewsbury or Hairnets.  Home advantage should give us an edge since we have loads of home games to come.  I'll settle for tenth now and hope for ninth place, mid-table isn't realistic.  

To match last season we need to be going into the Shield games on at least 14 points.  So 5 more required.  2 off Rochdale, 2 off Dewsbury and then one more from any of the other games.  

That's the plan. We are staying up.   

I love a positive attitude Dave. I think we're in for a bit of a rollercoaster ride again come the back end, but I agree with you - I think we'll stay up.

I like being rose tinrmtd.

Go to go, Donald Trump's having another press covfefe.

1 hour ago, Dave Naylor said:

You know, I think we'll be alright.  

Risking the Trumpesque accusation of being a Rose tinrmtd boy (my emphasis), sport can be about peaks and troughs. Sure we're in a hole at the moment (according to Scott Leatherbarrow) but it's only a few weeks since we beat Bradford and Swinton and then that comeback versus Dewsbury.  

Swinton and Rochdale may be finding a bit of form but the teams in the lower half of the league aren't a million miles away from each other in terms of ability.

My hope is that whatever is the cause of the current poor form can be ironed out and then we're just one win away from more scenes to match that Gill try at the end of the Bulls game.

I am nervous about Bradford.  All they need do is pull their socks up and then they'll start gnawing away at the difference between us and them.  I can't make the game at Odsal but it's going to be a proper four pointer but the Bulls are beatable; we just need to find our own form before we go there.

I'm going to put my neck out and say that Bulls will go down, narrowly and they'll be joined by the other team that doesn't go the distance.   That could be us, Swinton, Dewsbury or Hairnets.  Home advantage should give us an edge since we have loads of home games to come.  I'll settle for tenth now and hope for ninth place, mid-table isn't realistic.  

To match last season we need to be going into the Shield games on at least 14 points.  So 5 more required.  2 off Rochdale, 2 off Dewsbury and then one more from any of the other games.  

That's the plan. We are staying up.   

I think this is the most positive comment I've read in weeks :) 

Dewsbury have turned it around as have Swinton, lets see what happens in the coming weeks. We definitely to bring a centre in though, Gilly out and Grimmer too.

We've got a centre busting for a game but he can't play 

For me get Chisholm on the wing and get Scotty Turner playing centre

For me it's Bradford and the other is between us and Dewsbury 

44 minutes ago, clifford said:

We've got a centre busting for a game but he can't play 

For me get Chisholm on the wing and get Scotty Turner playing centre

For me it's Bradford and the other is between us and Dewsbury 

I never realised he played centre to be fair. I know we bought him as a winger but played him mainly at full back when lippy left. 

Why not give him a shot, who would be your first choice Tyson and Egodo or Turner

I feel we must face the facts that we will never get into sooperdooper league, and that applies to most of the sides in the championship. So why not accept the fact that every season in the Championship is going to be a battle with no tangible reward just loads of grief.

I would prefer us in league one playing attractive, open rugby with no holds barred rather than the terrified rugby we are now playing. I for one after 60 years of watching Oldham is getting very disillusioned with professional RL.

I'm pretty sure that all the discussions on here all week and the tone from Peter Carey on the club page mean an uphill struggle. It can be turned around and I'm sure Scott is well aware of that. 

On Sunday I'll just take an improved performance and hopefully if we play half decent it may inspire some confidence. 

Our only saving grace in my opinion is that we have got a lot of home games left and let's be honest we have a decent home record,what the players need now is our backing,let's turn out in numbers and get behind the boys, slagging them off will do no good at all it will just drain their already fragile confidence. We are all in this together,we can and will stay up. Oldham till I die!

Although two centres were injured this weekend, we still have Egodo and Tyson to fill those berths. I have wondered most of the season why Chisolm has not been given any game time. With the situation as it now is, Jamal might get his chance.

Earlier in the season the side produced results we would never have expected, and this was all down to team spirit. If we can find that team spirit again, I am sure it will carry us to safety.

Tyson is crocked he could hardly run on Sunday, 

We need our squad builder to signed a quality centre and a crafty old head in the pack 

After the next 3 games we will see were we are 

16 hours ago, jroyales said:

I feel we must face the facts that we will never get into sooperdooper league, and that applies to most of the sides in the championship. So why not accept the fact that every season in the Championship is going to be a battle with no tangible reward just loads of grief.

I would prefer us in league one playing attractive, open rugby with no holds barred rather than the terrified rugby we are now playing. I for one after 60 years of watching Oldham is getting very disillusioned with professional RL.

Please no! Gloucester, South Wales, London, Oxford arrrrgh!

Archived