Who will be relegated  

61 members have voted

1. 1. To championship 1

• Bradford
    • Dewsbury
    • Oldham
    • Rochdale
    • Swinton

this as been coming from the start of the season halve backs totally useless this was a disaster waiting to happen.signing 20 year old players to save our season for gods sake. mr Hamilton I think your wages are about to cease a bl--dy disgrace pathetic rugby of the lowest form mistake after mistake

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Worrying times for us all.Today's performance just wasn't good enough,aside Wardy,Clay and Tyson there doesn't seem to be any passion or intensity.There were a couple of instances when I thought we could win but these were unfounded. I genuinely think now the club should plan for league 1.They should also prepare themselves for a drop in attendances that this will bring.Barring some sort of miracle or the RFL jigging things so that Bradford don't go down we will be relegated at the end of the season. If I'm wrong, I'll be delighted to be wrong but I can't really see it to be honest.

I think we've had it this season. Struggle to see how we can stay up unless results improve in the 8's. I worry about the clubs future if we go down. Think Naylor will go as will the stronget members of the playing squad, crowds will drop and I wonder where we would end up playing as cant see us staying at bower fold in league 1 and as has been said whitebank is'nt fit for rl.

I think as supporters, we have to do just that. Get behind the players and the coach until the very last game of the season. They have done us proud and even today there was no lack of effort, even if there was a shortage of guile. Come on you Yeds!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 hours ago, Kevin McDonough said:

Last season, we finished 3rd bottom on 20 points. To match that, we need to get 11 points from 7 games. Given the way we are playing, particularly today, when we were dire (Rochdale could have got 50), there's no chance of that. Now, less than 20 may keep us out of the bottom 2, I know.

Again, the entertainment value today was woeful, and, again, as at the Fev game, I wanted the opposition (Rochdale this time, for goodness sake) to have the ball to see some entertaining rugby. How ludicrous is that. As a season ticket holder, I have never, ever found the rugby we produce so consistently boring, even when we've won, to the point where I am very seriously considering whether I want to watch Naylor's Oldham team, even though I've paid for the "privilege" this season.

Rant over.

We need to finish 1 point above the team 2nd from bottom. Simples. 

for gods sake  yed 17 we have backed this  team to the hilt match after match all the same excuses rank bad coaching rank bad halve backs facts. I was laughed at whan I said put lapori at scrum halve and Tyson at stand off lepori is out for the season so put Sammy gee at scrum halve and Tyson at stand off put some power there if we do not alter our game plan you will be saying the same again after the next match .look at swinton lost their coach and their best player to hkr thev are in  financial trouble went to bradrord and won if they get one more win Bradford are down.look at Dewsbury your living in cuckoo land.

How can a coach with any hind site keep picking halfbacks who in all honesty have failed miserably week in week out without trying other options beggars belief. How many times have we seen posted on here about the 5 drives and a kick mentality that every team we play knows how to defend against it but has it changed we'll decide for yourselves.Grimshaw is an out and out stand off so why sign him and never play him in that position he has the size and pace to trouble defences so give him a run with Gee  try something different what if it works 

chappy

Just now, suzzy said:

How can a coach with any hind site keep picking halfbacks who in all honesty have failed miserably week in week out without trying other options beggars belief. How many times have we seen posted on here about the 5 drives and a kick mentality that every team we play knows how to defend against it but has it changed we'll decide for yourselves.

The last time I saw Australia play they went 5 drives and a kick. It seems to work for them.

5 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The last time I saw Australia play they went 5 drives and a kick. It seems to work for them.

And there the resemblance ends mores the pity

chappy

21 minutes ago, suzzy said:

How can a coach with any hind site keep picking halfbacks who in all honesty have failed miserably week in week out without trying other options beggars belief. How many times have we seen posted on here about the 5 drives and a kick mentality that every team we play knows how to defend against it but has it changed we'll decide for yourselves.Grimshaw is an out and out stand off so why sign him and never play him in that position he has the size and pace to trouble defences so give him a run with Gee  try something different what if it works 

I honestly don't know why Grimmer hasn't been tried at standoff. Very strange but still we need to get behind the lads and not batter them. They know the situation. Obvious that only a few players came to fans today! Lippy and Tyson is still a bit silly, sorry Tandle. Both have lots of battle in them but skill set isn't there. 

So disappointing to watch. At 20-18 we had done very well to haul ourselves back in the game when we could have been out of contention. Not scoring when camped on their line at this level or any level is not good enough, we have no imagination near the try line at all

They were able to score at will it seemed, albeit with some nice tries but suspect defending at times. 

We scored some decent tries only to put pressure back on ourselves by letting them in again instead of defending. 

I don't know what the answer is but I'm not holding out much hope now, can't see another win at the moment unless the team sort the defence and perform as a team. 

TL;DR Things aren't as bad as they seem and we can survive.  

I'm as disappointed as anyone over the result yesterday.  We gave them an easy start and to be 18 points to nil down half-way through the first half was ominous.  Then we pulled back two tries to stay in touch at the interval and I genuinely thought we'd use that slope to our advantage to go on and win the game like we've done many times before.

It wasn't to be though and the player that kicked the ball against the hoardings after Hornets scored their match sealing try probably summed up every Oldham fan's feelings.

So, we ended up as the team with the worst record in the league and only finished 2nd from bottom because Bradford.  So why is that?

We lost one of our opening props after he'd only played 4 games.  Mr reliable Phil Joy has been remarkably conspicuous by his absence.  His equally reliable front-row partner Adam Neal, an ever present until the Toulouse game, picks up a jaw injury and is more than likely to miss most of the Shield games.

Our new club captain seemed to have a dip in form from last year and when he looked to be coming back to his best his season is ended with a foot injury.

Kieran Gill, on a season long loan, turns out for his parent club and scores a try on debut.  Unfortunately he picks up an injury and we lose him in the process.  We then lose the raw Egodo at the same time, a player who although inexperienced, gave us an extra dimension, and that pass leading to that Kieran Gill barnstorming try. 

One of the players whose contribution probably kept us in the league last year, Scott Turner, after suffering three concussions, decides to take a break from the game, with good reason.  The player who would be his replacement/alternative, Lippy, then ends his season with an injury.

In recent games we've been missing Langtree's aggression and Thompson's tackle count.  Grimmer, a bloke filling the left centre position has been injured with a groin problem meaning we've had to play the versatile Sammy Gee in that slot.  

Last season's leading try scorer, Jamel Chisholm, seems out of favour and hasn't featured much at all.  The left centre/wing partnership has been a juggle all year and we've suffered there defensively.

We signed a player to fill one of the centre roles but factors other than rugby meant he was a no-show.

Until the new hooker Wilkinson scored a try against Toulouse (we beat Toulouse a few weeks back!) no other hooker had scored one all season apart from Sam Gee who came off the bench against Swinton.  He probably wasn't even playing the hooker role at the time.  Kenny Hughes is trying his best to score one of his signature tries but it's just not coming this year.  He will get there though.

Every team has injuries throughout the season but we seem to be suffering worst than most at the moment.  Dewsbury were hopeless at the start of the season through an injury crisis and they are now on course for survival after the squad recovered. We can do the same.

So what's is done is done, the regular season is finished and the only way is up since Bradford will finish bottom and be relegated (maybe).  We've got seven games to come with a break next week.  We need to overtake Swinton by beating them on their park, something we did last year, and then match their wins with ones of our own.  Hell let's catch Hairnets!

Things to look forward to then

Luke Hooley.  If we've signed an exciting young full-back, praised by those who've seen him play, I'd imagine that's where he's going to play for us.  I can see him doing a Scott Turner for us.  Pace to burn apparently

The return of Langers and Thompy.  Stalwarts of the team,  adopted Oldhamers from West Lancs.  If anyone plays with pride in the shirt it's those two.  

Matty Wilkinson.  Impressed against Toulouse, offers something different from dummy-half.  

Morris and Simpson.  The former was part of a Saints academy team with a winning mentality.  The latter turned out for us last year when recovering from injury and was then offered a renewed deal at Giants.  He could inject more pace into our backs.

Sadiq Adebiyi.  Hits defences like a bulldozer and is getting better week-on-week.

Craig Briscoe.  He might feature in the coming weeks.  When we signed him he was regarded as a tough opponent by our players who'd played against him.  We like tough.

Adam Neal.  Maybe just maybe he'll get a few games in before the season end.

As far as the teams we're playing are concerned, our five wins have come against five of them and the draw was against Hornets, a blummin' game we should have won.  We can pick up more points.

I'm not contemplating League One and time in the wilderness, I'm thinking about how good it's going to be to see things come right, the team to give us something to shout about and a nail biting but successful end to the season.  And finally beating the noisy neighbours in their back yard, something we've done a lot.

Moaners gonna moan, haters gonna hate, I'm staying positive and avoiding singing fat ladies.

Archived