So who's going to Toronto?

Blackpool Hawk

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4 of us going for 5 days.Dread to think of the score but hey we aint likely to ever play em again so its a case of we were there when we played Toronto.Noticed 4 Barrow players were knocked back, wonder how many of ours will be in the same boat !?

Being a small club, where everyone knows each other.... Come on Blackpool., are you REALLY Thinking people are going to reply..... i e... YES., I can Afford to go to Toronto... Oh and Secondly., my House will be Empty for 5 days Mr Burglar.................. ☺️............ 

19 minutes ago, Josh T said:

Being a small club, where everyone knows each other.... Come on Blackpool., are you REALLY Thinking people are going to reply..... i e... YES., I can Afford to go to Toronto... Oh and Secondly., my House will be Empty for 5 days Mr Burglar.................. ☺️............ 

Have you got owt worth pinching ? 

Just now, Moose said:

I've got a caravan and a boat, any good?

Moose if you are coming over we all know the reason why...to meet some of the young ladies!

DSC_0021.jpg

16 hours ago, Josh T said:

Using that logic Josh, Sunday afternoons at about 3pm would be a very good time to find all of us out of the house for a couple of hours ;)

I am going, but can only afford to do so by living in abject poverty, in a house with no contents, and eating bread and dripping morning, noon and night :unsure:

As for the score ... play as we did against York and we get beat by 80. Play as against Barrow and Workington and we keep it 'respectable' (which seems to be about 40-50 when playing Toronto ...) 

5 minutes ago, Hawkwindbag said:

Using that logic Josh, Sunday afternoons at about 3pm would be a very good time to find all of us out of the house for a couple of hours ;)

I am going, but can only afford to do so by living in abject poverty, in a house with no contents, and eating bread and dripping morning, noon and night :unsure:

As for the score ... play as we did against York and we get beat by 80. Play as against Barrow and Workington and we keep it 'respectable' (which seems to be about 40-50 when playing Toronto ...) 

This is what I like about your posts Hawkwindbag, the undying hope and optimism, you always bring a smile to my face. I love bread and mucky fat (dripping).

23 minutes ago, Moose said:

This is what I like about your posts Hawkwindbag, the undying hope and optimism, you always bring a smile to my face. I love bread and mucky fat (dripping).

It's only being so cheerful keeps me going ;)

And I am wondering I'll be able to get bread and mucky fat sustenance in Toronto ... might have go with the 'healthy alternative' of maple syrup :unsure:

I thought it was funny when some of Wolfpack players said they liked eating the 'streaky bacon' over here...never heard it referred to that way...what kind of bacon, or other types,do you folks have?  Do you guys eat what we call 'back bacon'?

14 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

I thought it was funny when some of Wolfpack players said they liked eating the 'streaky bacon' over here...never heard it referred to that way...what kind of bacon, or other types,do you folks have?  Do you guys eat what we call 'back bacon'?

Lean back?

Just now, Shadow45 said:

Lean back?

Its very thick and wide bacon with little fat...lots of meat.  Great grilled with lots of pepper.

We also have a thing called Peameal bacon..but it might be uniquely Canadian...do you have it in the old country?

Going for 5 nights with a Mr Aidy Jinks.

Can you get Quorn bacon over there Kayakman?  LoL.

And I told you Parksider would not be going Kayakman, he don.t even posts anything on here or goes to The Huns home games, what a great rugby league supporter he is. 

Just now, Progman said:

Don't forget black pudding with the mucky fat .

The black pudding is not popular over here...I remember when I served with some British soldiers they used to take pieces of white bread, soak them in bacon fat, and then fry it up...lots of calories but hard on the gut!  They called it a 'heart attack on a plate.'

There is lots of interesting food in Toronto because it is so multicultural...if you like meat a 'Korean Grill' type restaurant is for you.  There are a few in Korea Town.

Hope you get your fill when you come.

Just now, MurtlePower said:

Anyone done any research on pubs/bars around the ground?

I know Brazen Head is the main one

There are others also...Shoeless Joes is literally right beside the stadium on King St.and they show alot of other games on the big screen etc.  There is also a little place (looks interesting but  haven't been in yet) directly across the street from the southwest corner of the stadium.  Brazen head is your best bet though.

NOTICE:  Various hotel establishments in Toronto have decided to impose a new 'voluntary' tourist tax on hotel bills.  This tax is voluntary in nature and you are not required to pay it (they will try to slip it in your bill); just tell them you are not willing to pay it and they will remit it. DON'T PAY!

Also I heard that well over a hundred of you guys were coming over...we are looking forward to having you.   My understanding is that your club is one of the most famous and cherished clubs in League history!  Our history is just beginning.

Could you people sing a song during the game...you must have a song...we have no actual song (although some are really trying to get one started and I salute their efforts).  But if we actually had established fans sing their song then we would see how to do it and start our own song...would you folks be kind enough to show us NEWBIES how to do it.  It would go over BIG with the crowd (almost as BIG as the hot dog gun;make sure you don't get hit).

Remember; What happens in Toronto stays in Toronto!

Be prepared to hear one of the oldest Rugby League songs in existence. Hunslet's anthem "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys" will no doubt be heard at sometime during the fan's visit.

The fans usually sing it far louder but unfortunately much less musically when the ale is flowing freely, so probably more chance of hearing it in the pub than at the game.

1 hour ago, Moose said:

Be prepared to hear one of the oldest Rugby League songs in existence. Hunslet's anthem "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys" will no doubt be heard at sometime during the fan's visit.

The fans usually sing it far louder but unfortunately much less musically when the ale is flowing freely, so probably more chance of hearing it in the pub than at the game.

I'll probably see you there Moose...but you are coming a long way just to sing on ONE place...we are now instiutuing a new rule for all Hunslet fans in Toronto...if you don't sing your song we are cutting you off from both food and beer...NOW listen to the Moose bellow it out..listen to the Moose Man call!....I've got an old moose horn for hunting somewhere...now we should bring that to the game! 

53 minutes ago, The King Of Leon said:

Whats the weather like over there Kayakman, do we bring our shorts, suntan cream and flip flops in june?

The long range weather is high of 23 and low of 15 (perfect) for the game...this will change...it always does.  I can only guarantee you it will either be cooler, the same or hotter!

I would bring the shorts, suntan lotion, 'KEEN' sandals and a hat...don't forget the hat.  Very hot here today (also humid) with thunderstorms tomorrow...heading out in the kayak for an overnight stay on the Islands so I have to be extra careful...  lake water is still very cold.

The most important thing to bring is a very positive attitude (like Coventry) and you will have a total BLAST!  Just ask the Bearman!  Looking forward to hearing that song!!!!

Archived