Halifax

clifford

2 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

That video suggests its a forward pass. I think the ref has got that bang on, you can tell the way the ball comes out of his hands.

For the exact same reasons you mentioned, I would say, as I did on the day, never forward. Look how Tysons body is turned to the left, and the the release is still in a backward direction.

Its gone now, but I felt we were on a roll up until that point in the game and that decision broke our momentum and handed the initiative back to Fax.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Dave Naylor said:

I came away from the ground about an hour after full time.  My car was one of a number of cars blocking in a lot of the players who were all sat waiting sunning themselves in the car park.

What struck me about the players was that they weren't all sat sulking.  They were laughing and joking with each other like a bunch of mates would do and it looked like team spirit was in good shape.  It took the edge off my personal sulk.  If the players are upbeat, I should be too.  

Having said that, I'm off on my annual trip to a farm in Somerset tomorrow evening so I won't be around for the Dewsbury game or the Bradford one for that matter.  My hopes of nipping back for at least one of the games have been dashed by the raised eyebrows of my Mrs.  I'll just have to drink more cider.

I wouldn't be too happy if the Fax players were laughing and joking just after a defeat.

1 minute ago, Ovenden Grunt said:

I wouldn't be too happy if the Fax players were laughing and joking just after a defeat.

They weren't.  They'd had their debrief, they'd had their post match meal and everyone else, including the opposition, had left. So a bunch of mates were simply enjoying each other's company. 

it you do not get this halve back combination sorted out we are in big   trouble . our lack of wins is directly down to that hewitts  passing against Halifax was woeful.                                       ;

I am as guilty as anyone suggesting this and that and saying where how failings are. Looking at this negativity from the outside I am beginning to think we are giving lots of information to opposing sides of how best to beat us.

Let's start praising the lads as much as we can so restoring confidence and also not indicating possible weaknesses. There were definite signs that Hewitt is finding his form again and yes, like others on a extremely hot day, he made one or two mistakes.

So come on Hewitt show the doubters how good you are - give Dewsbury hell on Wednesday!!!!

Stats

Lepori- 2 tackles. 4 tackle busts. one clean break. 7 carries=70m

Clay-2 tackles. one miss. one clean break. 16 carries=133m

Tyson-11 tackles. 5 tackle busts. 2 clean breaks. 10 carries=91m

Wood-8 tackles. one miss. 2 offloads. 10 carries=52m

Turner-8 tackles. 2 misses. 2 tackle busts. 14 carries=123m

Leatherbarrow-11 tackles. 2 try assists. 4 carries=17m

Hewitt-4 tackles. 2 misses. 3 carries=6m

Burke-40 tackles. one tackle bust. 10 carries=56m

Hughes-31 tackles. 1 carry=6m

Neal-25 tackles. 2 misses. 10 carries=54m

Adamson-26 tackles. 4 misses. 9 carries=54m

Langtree-22 tackles. 3 misses. 3 offloads. one tackle bust. 11 carries=79m

Spencer-27 tackles. 11 carries=85m

Owen-19 tackles. one miss. one offload. 5 carries=28m

Ward-13 tackles. one miss. 3 tackle busts. one clean break. 13 carries=86m

Davies-17 tackles. one miss. 10 carries=73m

Dickinson-9 tackles. one tackle bust. 12 carries=67m

I have just been reading brooksys  analisis of the  players performances.

Hewitt -4 tackles.2 misses.3 carries-6 metres.

he has been playing like this for nearly 2 seasons his he a creature of habit or playing to instructions because it is not working. in this critical match tomorrow I would not play him for at the moment he is a liability.

Criticising Hewitt constantly will not help,we have no other genuine halfbacks other than Grimmer who is a 6 by trade as is Leatherbarrow. Kenny's distribution and yardage was poor on Sunday also ,but all the critism seems directed at Hewitt. Give the lad a break,he hasn't turned into a bad player overnight as have none of the other lads. We are short on confidence at the moment I think that's obvious but with such a small squad we don't have the options to change everything like some clubs have the luxury of doing. Were people calling him a liability with the interception against HKR? Halfbacks are an issue and have been at the club for a while including last season,we have to play with the lads we have. He will come good will Hewitt,the whole squad need a confidence boost really. Hopefully a good performance tomorrow night will go some way to providing that.

With the match being such an important one, if Sammy escapes a ban, why not put Sammy and grimmers at halve back's, they are both tackling machines and only know one way and that's forward , big big match 

Archived