Solomona case settled out of court

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, snapski said:

Over £200k plus recovered costs of over £100k. To be honest I think we've sold ourselves short. But at least it's at an end and the snake can enjoy his money.

https://www.castlefordtigers.com/mobile/article.php?id=5528

Probably about £200,000 short of what i hoped for considering his success in union, but time to move on.

Still not bad for a retired player.

And when they found our shadows

Grouped around the TV sets

They ran down every lead

They repeated every test

They checked out all the data on their lists

And then the alien anthropologists

Admitted they were still perplexed

But on eliminating every other reason

For our sad demise

They logged the only explanation left

This species has amused itself to death

No tears to cry no feelings left

This species has amused itself to death

33 minutes ago, snapski said:

Over £200k plus recovered costs of over £100k. To be honest I think we've sold ourselves short. But at least it's at an end and the snake can enjoy his money.

https://www.castlefordtigers.com/mobile/article.php?id=5528

I think it is better than giving more money to m'learned friends. If it went to a full trial I don t think Cas could have hoped for more.

21 minutes ago, Cumbrian Fanatic said:

The next step should be for The RFL to discipline Andy Clarke, hopefully leading to him being struck off, or whatever the equivalent is

Now that the court case has been finalised the RFL will be able to conclude their investigation into the agent 

As it's an out of court settlement I assume it can't be used as a legal precedent but it may at least have established some kind of principle that will help in future.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

8 minutes ago, Scubby said:

What would Sale do if he retired from Rugby Union and went to the NRL in a couple of years?

In that case I would make an exception and welcome him back. Just to see Sale get a taste of their own medicine 

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

4 minutes ago, Bearman said:

In that case I would make an exception and welcome him back. Just to see Sale get a taste of their own medicine 

I wouldn't, I want Sale relegated and unable to pay his wages, though I dare say some other union club would pick him up

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

20 minutes ago, Scubby said:

What would Sale do if he retired from Rugby Union and went to the NRL in a couple of years?

Or if he was the next to say oops I've made a mistake here . Can I come home now? 

24 minutes ago, shaun mc said:

Probably £200k plus is halfway/compromise between Cas wanted (up to £500k) and what the arrogant ones wanted to pay (zero)

Although Cas have only got £200k ish it will have cost Sale close to the £500 grand with the tigers and their own legal costs ☺

The only thing with this kind of settlement is that it will be kept quiet. 

Hope someone leaks full details to the press.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

2 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

The only thing with this kind of settlement is that it will be kept quiet. 

Hope someone leaks details to the press.

Yeh there's a lot in that . Dirty linen and all that

Even if the amount isn't leaked, the thing they can't cover up is that they paid money to Castleford, instead of paying nothing (which is what they claimed they owed). It cannot, therefore, be claimed by anyone honest that Sale/Solomona were in the right.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Actually, reading the Cas statement is pretty revealing. 

Some strong comments from the club.

Assume Sale won't be saying much.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

3 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

Actually, reading the Cas statement is pretty revealing. 

Some strong comments from the club.

Assume Sale won't be saying much.

Agree, the details Cas have given seems to suggest no confidentiality clause and Cas seem happy to put it all in the public domain

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

Archived