Solomona case settled out of court

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Rascal Bongo Stork said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/40343681

"We thought Castleford would act professionally and in a business like way and the truth is I think we were wrong in that assessment."

I hope Sale go bust

They won't go bust but their reputation and Diamonds standing is in tatters even amongst some of the Sale supporters.

Diamond was never the sharpest brush in the set but he has exceeded himself over this as himself and the Sale club are the ones who should have a good hard look at themselves over this matter and how they handled it.

32 minutes ago, Rascal Bongo Stork said:

I hope Sale go bust

Few would mourn but we could hold a thatcher type wake/knees up!

"We imagined Castleford would roll over and play the good possum and in a toady and grateful  way and the truth is I think we were wrong in that assessment." Changed for accuracy.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

3 hours ago, Rascal Bongo Stork said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/40343681

"We thought Castleford would act professionally and in a business like way and the truth is I think we were wrong in that assessment."

I hope Sale go bust

That is utterly disgraceful, I hope Castleford go after the maggots again for defamation. What a truly disgusting individual he is.

Sale's PR has been laughable.  It's like so many modern organisations; just trying to gloss over a massive f-up.

Where does a bit of old fashioned contrition come into it? i.e. Cas had a bit of a point so we thought it was fair to pay out.  There.  That didn't hurt, did it?

No legal case is 100% nailed on and Cas's was no different.  Legal fees are also prohibitive.  That's a shame because I'm sure Cas would have won, but they took a commercial view.  They have done absolutely nothing wrong and to suggest otherwise is just crass and cheap. 

In fact I may write to the Cas board and tell them they've done a great job here.

Something else you have to remember is that Cas were placing a valuation on DS of £500k.  They also sought exemplary damages, which is very hard to get.

This is a high valuation for a RL player.

So their valuation evidence may not have been accepted i.e. the quantum of their claim was not certain.

4 hours ago, dkw said:

That is utterly disgraceful, I hope Castleford go after the maggots again for defamation. What a truly disgusting individual he is.

Tel sport, tel individuel!;) I think the saying goes, though now we've legged it from Europe ?

If you think Sale are bad losers, just imagine what Steve Diamond would be coming out with if his side had won the case?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

What part of, ".........the Tigers received an additional £100,000 for their costs." makes Diamond think the cuckoo's have done nothing wrong and come out of this smelling of roses????

Perhaps we are being a tad harsh on him though and he should be forgiven because he obviously has a very limited level of intelligence.  Just imagine how dangerous he would be if he had a brain.

Rugby League - a sport where shape and size does not limit your potential

First can I say that for SS to claim any moral victory is nothing more than clutching at straws!

However, while Cas and RL come out of this saga looking well and they being the wronged person,  lets not over egg the pudding!

• Sale offered Cas £200k for Denny  uping it from £150k
  • DS was aware that he could earn three times more in RU
  • CT rejected the initial and second offer
  • CT are perfectly correct as they have a contract with the player so do not have to let him go.
  • DS signs a contract with SS (while still being in a contract with CS) and I must admit this where it gets dodgy - as SS have no legal basis to ask to see the previous contract so have no basis to think it is still valid, and take a player/manager word that he has retired.
  • SS on bing told that DS has retired from RL reduce the 200k offer to _50k

It is obvious the DS has decided to leave Cas while under contract (as players sometimes do), so decision made Cas needed to get as much for him as they could.

Sale arrogantly decided to reduce the offer to £50k thinking they had signed him so job done!

As I have posted earlier CT have received the money they were initially offered. SS have got the player they want but paid  £200k extra to lawyers!

SS have ended up looking bad  by both RL and RU fans. 

Let us not  help them and stop using what Orange said as a Diamond quote (thought would be professional blah). Diamond has plenty of damng quotes to use so let's not misquote.

If this saga had been handled professionally - SS would have:

1. Contacted CT. Expressed an interest in DS
  2. CT said he was not for sale
  3. SS offered a  £150k transfer fee
  4. DS would have indicated he wanted to move
  5. CT say no and SS up offer to £200k
  6. CT (as is their right say no again)
  7. SS say. We have been told he has retired. So we withdrawn offer and will give you £50k

Now is where we leave reality and what should have happened.

1. CT refused the £200k offer as is their right.
  2. CT realised they had an unhappy player who wanted stop move so needed to get as much as they could
  3. SS offered the £200k now and an extra £50k if he scores x tries in RU and another £50k if he was selected for England within 2 years.

If that had happened , Cas would have had £100k more than they do now, Sale would have paid £100k less than they have and everyone would have been happy with it.

All of what you say is wrong due to one thing you barely mentioned, he was induced to break his contract by claiming to retire from a sport, everything else is moot from then forward as there was never going to be negotiations between the 2 clubs. Sale and their owner have acted disgustingly throughout this, and by extension the rfu as they sat back and allowed it, possibly even encouraged it.

8 hours ago, kiyan said:

First can I say that for SS to claim any moral victory is nothing more than clutching at straws!

However, while Cas and RL come out of this saga looking well and they being the wronged person,  lets not over egg the pudding!

• Sale offered Cas £200k for Denny  uping it from £150k
  • DS was aware that he could earn three times more in RU
  • CT rejected the initial and second offer
  • CT are perfectly correct as they have a contract with the player so do not have to let him go.
  • DS signs a contract with SS (while still being in a contract with CS) and I must admit this where it gets dodgy - as SS have no legal basis to ask to see the previous contract so have no basis to think it is still valid, and take a player/manager word that he has retired.
  • SS on bing told that DS has retired from RL reduce the 200k offer to _50k

It is obvious the DS has decided to leave Cas while under contract (as players sometimes do), so decision made Cas needed to get as much for him as they could.

Sale arrogantly decided to reduce the offer to £50k thinking they had signed him so job done!

As I have posted earlier CT have received the money they were initially offered. SS have got the player they want but paid  £200k extra to lawyers!

SS have ended up looking bad  by both RL and RU fans. 

Let us not  help them and stop using what Orange said as a Diamond quote (thought would be professional blah). Diamond has plenty of damng quotes to use so let's not misquote.

If this saga had been handled professionally - SS would have:

1. Contacted CT. Expressed an interest in DS
  2. CT said he was not for sale
  3. SS offered a  £150k transfer fee
  4. DS would have indicated he wanted to move
  5. CT say no and SS up offer to £200k
  6. CT (as is their right say no again)
  7. SS say. We have been told he has retired. So we withdrawn offer and will give you £50k

Now is where we leave reality and what should have happened.

1. CT refused the £200k offer as is their right.
  2. CT realised they had an unhappy player who wanted stop move so needed to get as much as they could
  3. SS offered the £200k now and an extra £50k if he scores x tries in RU and another £50k if he was selected for England within 2 years.

If that had happened , Cas would have had £100k more than they do now, Sale would have paid £100k less than they have and everyone would have been happy with it.

Like most i would have liked the Tigers to get more, but on the flip side this has cost sale over £400,000 and the Tigers have signed Hardaker on a permanent deal. Eden is a better player than the Judas who sale signed.

Leeds have received a fee for Hardaker and signed Myler so Mr and Mrs Myler can come back to this country and overall Rugby League is the winner by a country mile.

2 hours ago, The Future is League said:

the Tigers have signed Hardaker on a permanent deal. Eden is a better player than the Judas who sale signed.

Leeds have received a fee for Hardaker and signed Myler so Mr and Mrs Myler can come back to this country and overall Rugby League is the winner by a country mile.

I'm not, what about my Dragons?;)

The parallels between this thread and the story from the url below are striking

http://uk.businessinsider.com/philip-green-sold-bhs-to-offload-huge-pension-liability-watchdog-says-2017-6

The expectations, the actions, the outcomes and the spin at the end of it all shows why this RL event happened the way it did.

The questions regarding Andy Clarke are valid here. The RFL should be making a statement to the game about his registration as a RL accredited agent. The action by Cas included someone the RFL has given approval to.

3 hours ago, Scubby said:

The questions regarding Andy Clarke are valid here. The RFL should be making a statement to the game about his registration as a RL accredited agent. The action by Cas included someone the RFL has given approval to.

The sooner he looses his accreditation as a Rugby League players agent the better.

I can't understand why the RFL are so slow in doing this

On 2017-6-28 at 8:50 PM, The Future is League said:

I can't understand why the RFL are so slow in doing this

Timidity in the rocking the boat department is unfortunately all too rife in our game!

Archived