21-25 Jun: The Kingstone Press Championship Match Thread

Discuss all this week's Kingstone Press Championship games here.

WEDNESDAY 21st JUNE 2017
Oldham v Dewsbury Rams KO 8pm
Featherstone Rovers v Swinton Lions KO 8pm

SUNDAY 25TH JUNE 2017
Bradford Bulls v Oldham KO 3pm
Dewsbury Rams v Toulouse Olympique KO 3pm
London Broncos v Featherstone Rovers KO 3pm
Rochdale Hornets v Batley Bulldogs KO 3pm
Sheffield Eagles v Hull Kingston Rovers KO 3pm
Swinton Lions v Halifax KO 3pm

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a tough week for those 4 teams playing tonight,  I think Dewsbury have got the worst of it by a gnats whisker, particularly after the tough one in Hull at the weekend. But then none of those teams have it easy by any stretch of the imagination.  Anyway winners this week ...

Oldham and Fev tonight.

Oldham, Toulouse, London, Batley, HKR, Halifax on Sunday.

3 hours ago, mickhornet said:

If you play the Roughyeds like you played the Hornets you will lose alright.

I'm kinda working on the notion that a part-time side that played a close, tough encounter on a Wednesday evening should - theoretically - be a bit knackered come Sunday

But it never seems to quite work like that when teams play us! We usually end looking less fit than our opponents for some reason, which is weird considering we are allegedly full-time.

On ‎20‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 7:43 PM, westlondonfan said:

Really looking forward to Sunday afternoon at the Trailfinders. Especially if the weather stays like this. (So much nicer than Barnet in my view!)

i think London will win.

Well with RFL have done their best to help you by making Fev play last night.

5 hours ago, Cardypaul said:

Well with RFL have done their best to help you by making Fev play last night.

When else could the game have been played, given no free weekends? 3 games in 10 days was one choice, 3 in 8 days the other...

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Having just seen the TO squad and assuming Jouffret starts then I reckon they will just about manage to beat Dewsbury but it could be very close.

Bradford 20 Oldham  34

Dewsbury 22  Toulouse  28

London 32  Featherstone 34

Rochdale  20  Batley  26

Sheffield 14  HKR 48

Swinton 14  Halifax  34

No Yere or Lo for Sheffield - injuries finally being given a chance to heal in a game they were probably going to lose anyway.

Wins for Bradford, Toulouse, "That London", Bullfrogs, Rervers and Fax

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Archived