Dewsbury

jroyales

Tonight's game is massive and everything seems stacked against us.

Dewsbury get away with resting eight players and two others come back from suspension, meaning they will have ten fresh players out there tonight.

This in addition to Huddersfield not allowing their DR players to turn out for us. Is there a reason for their decision? If there is it would be nice to know what it is. Surely, a DR arrangement must be in the interest of both teams and I feel there is no bigger need than for those two players to be with us tonight.

Sadly, I can't see us winning tonight but I hope I am wrong - nevertheless I'll be there shouting for the lads.

Mixed views on DR to be honest.

Can't see a player taking many risks and possibly missing out on SL rugby due to an injury or suspension.

When you need players to give their all, like we do at the moment, I don't think it's the answer.

3 hours ago, BryanC said:

Mixed views on DR to be honest.

Can't see a player taking many risks and possibly missing out on SL rugby due to an injury or suspension.

When you need players to give their all, like we do at the moment, I don't think it's the answer.

Without DR squad is paper thin as demonstrated tonight. Further injuries in game to Grimmer, Turner and Owen probably cost us the game in the end as just not enough troops and people playing injured from weekend. By comparison Dewsbury rested players at weekend with tonight in mind and it worked for them.

Desperately need reinforcements. Really don't understand why they sent Egodo back to Cas before new loan for a more experienced back was done.

If we can't beat these and then lose to Bradford as players busted again  I fear we are staring at relegation.

COME ON OLDHAM!!!! COME ON OLDHAM!!!!!

Well that was an awful result. It's not as if the group as a whole played bad just a few individuals ruining what would have been a victory. I know it's hard when you have three injuries but we should have won that game anyway. I'm sorry for singling him but Scott leatherbarrow was awful a missed penalty that most kickers in rugby league (at any level including under 13s) would have scored. Then as he seems to be making a habit of trickles  a kick into an on rushing defender which gets charged down. Is he better than palfrey? And also the ref was poor yellow carding Adam Neal for seemingly no reason, and that 'forward pass' at the end, give over mate. Chris Hamilton will have a job to do to get a team before Sunday we will have to ask Huddersfield really nicely for Jared Simpson at fullback, a hooker (kruse leeming?) and Sam wood at centre. Do we need a new halfback, probably. Do we need a new manager , probably not. Do we need a new owner, no. What we do need is a miracle! Today however there were some stand out players in wardy and clay Hewitt was also good today ( or was that just relative to leatherbarrows poor performance?) when you look down the fixture list where does our next win come unless something changes and lifts this team ?

I thought the players looked jaded tonight. They were making far more metres than us but never really created much. 

We can blame the ref but I'm afraid it's a lack of creativity and failure to put chances away at the crux of the problem for me. 

Clay, Wardy, Tyson always the same performers week in week out. 

When leaving the stand tonight, Naylor claimed after the game he won't be about on Sunday!  Let's see if he sticks to his words or was just in the heat of the moment at the end of the game.  Very poor game really, both sides were distinctively average and We threw it away with that very poor grubber kick (all of Dewsburys players were well offside which didn't help - their defensive line was right in front of me).  Lack of creativity is killing us, we need to score more tries.  Can't see where the next win is coming from at the moment.

Put everything in context, injuries everywhere and 2 Dewsbury tries off a charge down n a lucky kick bounce off Oldham players leg, it's not that bad

We are desperately thin on the ground. The DR with the giants has been a terrible decision, should have bit Leighs hand off in pre season.

A fully fit squad with DR in the right places and we would have hammered them.

Think it's time to press the panic button and get some SL youngsters to boost us, not cast offs from the club's around us.  Get em bedded in for the bottom 8s and get us out of the mire.

Think as a whole the guy put in a massive effort and did what they could. As a whole we have a decent squad, halfback excluded.Hewitt and Owen had decent games tonight but none of the three are good enough for this league and combined they pull the rest down with them. Apart from SGee there's no leaders on our pitch

Must say again though the boys did the best they could.

P.s don't blame the ref for our failing tonight or throughout the season. The table doesn't lie at the end of the season.

I think we are really missing Sam and his acting half play, plus he's a leader on the pitch. 

Hewitt was OK tonight I thought and was running some lines and playing people in quite nicely. Scott was a bit off tonight with some poor kicks. He'll make amends at odsal though 

We (RAMS) got out of jail at your place tonight......... We had the rub of the green on the 50/50's, your injuries certainly hampered you (as did your indiscipline at times -- 3 & 10 come to mind) and you were, it seems, down to the bare bones playing a second game in four days in stifling conditions..............not quite the same for us, as we had players missing on Sunday who came back tonight and did a job for us............. Guess you know how we felt at our place "How did we manage to lose that?"

Good luck for the rest of the season............but NOT at our expense.

That was a tense struggle and I reckon we all knew it would be.

I think it's well done to your lads for nearly pulling off a victory with all your reported injuries. We may have had numerous changes from the HKR game, but the Dewsbury players didn't appear very cohesive. We have a lot of passing to a standing player and rarely back up a player on the break. I feel Oldham played the better football, but we just managed to get the lucky breaks.

We only have Toulouse at home to contend with (!) this weekend, but you must overcome Bradford at Odsal. Given their performances of late, you should be able to beat them; just hope you have the players to do it.

We shall be checking for score updates during the game, mindful of what the outcome of both games might mean to league positions.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Archived